Who's Goddess Etro? (possible spoilers)

#1Muted_VoicePosted 1/30/2011 4:47:41 PM
I played the game, read the entire datalog, and beat the game, but I still don't know who she is.
#2XTwistedMercXPosted 1/30/2011 4:51:03 PM

Apparently she is the one who freed Lightning and co. from their crystal state and summoned Lightning to a separate "world". That's bout all I know.

#3Muted_Voice(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2011 5:29:21 PM
She did? I thought it was Vanille and Fang...
How'd you know that? And where in the game did it even mention her name?
#4moogythejorkPosted 1/30/2011 5:33:58 PM
the analects mention her name.. the last one..

also, at the end of chapter 11, there is a cutscene after the bart fight where a new cieth stone appears with data on what happened during the war, stating that 'her providence' stopped ragnarok the first time out of pity for cocoon.

her providence is also referred to in the analects, and her name is Etro.
#5YonezzzPosted 1/30/2011 6:22:36 PM
Is Etro 'the maker' that the Fal'Cie are apparently searching for? Or one of the makers or something like that.
#6AshernedPosted 1/30/2011 9:32:55 PM
Etro is not the Maker.

With the new information from the XIII-2 mythology trailer, it appears increasingly likely that the Maker is Muin, the true goddess that Etro was created in the image of.

BTW, Etro's not a goddess either. She's a fal'Cie. Of course, nothing in the first game said that, so I don't blame for not knowing.
#7izzy_prPosted 1/31/2011 12:21:04 AM(edited)
It's hard to say who is the "Maker"

Muin created the planet, but Pulse & Lindzei were the one's who created the game's Fal'cie, so technically, Pulse and Lindzei are their "makers". Also, the land is named "Gran Pulse" not "Grand Muin"

So the Maker could have been Pulse, Lindzei, Muin or even Burnbezei.
---
"That's why its called Covergirl cause it covers up the man in you" Ms. Jay America's Next Top Model Cycle 10
#8EmiacPosted 1/31/2011 2:22:29 AM
The term "Maker" in the FF13 universe is relative.

For the citizens and lesser Fal'cie of Cocoon, it's probably the Fal'cie Pulse or Lindzei, since they created the Fal'cie, Cocoon, and EXPANDED Gran Pulse itself.

For Pulse and Lindzei, the "Maker" is most likely Buniberzei, THEIR creator.

Muin gave birth to Buniberzei, but it's not been confirmed if she originally created both Gran Pulse and Bunibelle (the invisible world).

When Bartandelus talks of the "Maker", I assume he's referring to Buniberzei, since he seems to be a superior Fal'cie carrying out Lindzei's duty.
#9moogythejorkPosted 1/31/2011 10:59:55 AM
question is.. does bart know he's in crystal stasis.. he speaks of the maker abandoning them.. does bart know it's to benefit for destroying muin/etro?

why isn't lindzei in cahoots with bart? does bart just not know that much?
#10EmiacPosted 1/31/2011 2:12:17 PM
^ I'm not sure where I got this info from, but I recall that Lindzei actually left Cocoon long before the events of FF13. Perhaps she just told Barthandelus that the Maker "left", and over time his distortion of what was said lead to the misunderstanding of "abandonment"?

I don't see why lesser Fal'cie need to be given any specific details on the motives of Pulse/Lindzei. Fal'cie have little free will and only exist to carry specific tasks. For all we know, Lindzei probably told Bart that the Maker is a benevolent being that will fix all of the worlds problems and make everything happy. His focus is to simply bring about his summoning. End of.