Metal Gigantuar!? of all things

#1Holy_WraithPosted 2/2/2012 1:01:42 AM
I swear!

Has anyone beaten Metal Gigantuar?

He appeared (I forgot name of where you change weather) after I made it rain and it was one of the worst losses I ever took in Final Fantasy!

His 10,000 attack even killed everyone who were all Sents!

Any advice on how to beat him and what level?

He can be recruited as a SEN and I already got regular Gigantuar and Cactuar.

Hope someone can help.
---
Space Battlship Yamato: Resurrection (Star Blazers) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjdVE_GJR9E
PSN:WraithKnight73
#2Gameandwatch2Posted 2/2/2012 1:07:34 AM(edited)
Does it have to go through that whole process of counting down to 10,000 needles each time, or does it just start spamming it once it counts down once?

If it's the latter, then I think you'd just need to be strong enough to kill it before it can start attacking. Having a monster with Armor Breaker or a Cactaur to take advantage of 1000 needles' fixed damage would help.
#3TheGaijinPosted 2/2/2012 1:06:47 AM
Need to kill him before he attack, that's all
---
Platinium FFXIII-2, now playing Tales of Xillia. PSN: Mrlarek
#4Holy_Wraith(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2012 1:09:58 AM
Gameandwatch2 posted...
Does it have to go through that whole process of counting down to 10,000 needles each time, or does it just start spamming it once it counts down once?

If it's the latter, then I think you'd just need to be strong enough to kill it before it can start attacking. Having a monster with Armor Breaker or a Cactaur to take advantage of 1000 needles' fixed damage would help.

He counts down and then 10,000 needles

How do I make him respawn in ARCHYLTE STEPPE?
---
Space Battlship Yamato: Resurrection (Star Blazers) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjdVE_GJR9E
#5Holy_Wraith(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2012 12:25:15 PM
Anybody has an idea and tips to get Metal Gigantuar to respawn in Archylte Steppe?
---
#6frenchfreyPosted 2/2/2012 2:17:06 PM

i just beat the metal gigantuar recently. don't use com roles, focus on rav. when he is about to use 10k needles, activate serah's ultimate ability ultima arrow. when it uses 10k needles while you are in the middle of ultima arrow, you will be left with 1 hp. since ultima arrow isn't affected by resistance or anything it will do normal damage depending on your level.

#7BBQsRNeatPosted 2/2/2012 2:23:41 PM
frenchfrey posted...
i just beat the metal gigantuar recently. don't use com roles, focus on rav. when he is about to use 10k needles, activate serah's ultimate ability ultima arrow. when it uses 10k needles while you are in the middle of ultima arrow, you will be left with 1 hp. since ultima arrow isn't affected by resistance or anything it will do normal damage depending on your level.

This works. Also, I believe this ability ignores / partially ignores enemy resistances, so if you switch to the COM/COM/COM role halfway through the animation of her skill, it should give you enough of a damage boost to tear away a good portion, if not all, of its health.
---
PSN ID: BBQsRNeat (PS3); BBQhaSugoiDesu (PSP/Vita)
3DS Friend Code: 4124-5271-4806
#8Gameandwatch2Posted 2/2/2012 2:27:02 PM(edited)
Assuming they work like the full ATB skills in XIII, both Noel and Serah's should completely ignore type based resistance.

Otherwise, it's a bad idea to use ravagers against it, as it takes 90% less damage from everything, meaning elemental attacks will only cause 1% of their normal damage to it.
#9Holy_Wraith(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2012 2:26:21 PM
I already beat 2 Metal Gigantuars without ultimate attacks leveled up yet.

My only problem is getting him to keep respawning, all that ever respawn now are goblins, pikochos and other useless monsters.

I just want to know whats the best weather and areas where Metal Gigantuar respawns, I'd like to recruit him because I read he is better SEN than pulsework knight.
---
#10BBQsRNeatPosted 2/2/2012 2:31:54 PM
It's quite a hassle to get him to spawn without the rare encounter fragment skill. Since you're just looking to get a better SEN, you should really consider the Pulsework Knight's older brother (whose name I do not know), who spawns during cloudy weather in the main plateau area (not inside the pits!).

If you insist on getting him, you should probably wait until you get both the monster capture rate up and rare encounter rate up fragment skills.
---
PSN ID: BBQsRNeat (PS3); BBQhaSugoiDesu (PSP/Vita)
3DS Friend Code: 4124-5271-4806