best paradigm pack

#1alexchanmanPosted 2/2/2012 4:45:05 PM
im sorry if this is a question that has been asked already but i couldnt find a topic in the first 10 pages or so in the forum.

what is the ideal paradigm pack to use?

right now, im using a COM (behemoth), MED (cait sith), and SEN (pulsework soldier). would it be ideal to use one of my RAV monster in the pack so i can run in with relentless assault all the time? i mainly use noel as my COM and serah as my RAV.

i havent really tested using them as sab or syns yet either. something i should be considering?
#2Some_StaticPosted 2/2/2012 4:46:07 PM
See, the beauty is that not only is your paradigm pack fully customizable, for the most part, your two main characters are.

So it really depends on how you play your two mains.
---
Church of Noise Death Crew 1977
Now Playing: Mass Effect 2 [replay], Final Fantasy 7, Torchlight
#3Bear_SemenPosted 2/2/2012 4:47:52 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4alexchanman(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2012 4:50:31 PM
thats what i figured too but wouldnt it be a waste of i use noel as a ravager?

but i guess it doesnt matter either way cause noel as a rav is always better than a monster as a rav, no?
#5Umbris_LetalisPosted 2/2/2012 4:51:53 PM
Bear_Semen posted...
Monster Ravs are quite the nuisance, most are locked into one spell type which really limits the damage they'll be able to put out.

Having one of your RAV monsters inherit the spells of other RAV monsters completely nullifies the problem. I'm still using a Nekton I got from Bresha Ruins and it has all 4 of the basic RAV spells.
---
PSN: LostRequiem1
#6Wanderer1313Posted 2/2/2012 4:53:39 PM
alexchanman posted...
thats what i figured too but wouldnt it be a waste of i use noel as a ravager?

but i guess it doesnt matter either way cause noel as a rav is always better than a monster as a rav, no?

But if you want triple Rav for chain boosting then it's handy, not to mention having a Med, Com, Rav or Med, Rav, Rav is good since Noel/Serah tend to do better for healing.

The guide makes an interesting suggestion by taking a Chichu and Nanochu (One-time obtainable monsters) and infusing their 'Pack Mentality' ability into two chocobos that you use a lot. Then pick a third Chocobo that you like and let loose with Choco fury. On that topic apparently the Blue Chocobo is the best all-rounder end game Rav.
#7alexchanman(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2012 4:56:12 PM
im not far enough into the game to get the chocobos but tell me more about these one time catch monsters. i certainly dont want to miss the chance to catch them.
#8Bear_SemenPosted 2/2/2012 5:02:18 PM
Umbris_Letalis posted...
Having one of your RAV monsters inherit the spells of other RAV monsters completely nullifies the problem. I'm still using a Nekton I got from Bresha Ruins and it has all 4 of the basic RAV spells.

Heh, misinformation deleted. Time to finally stop ignoring fusion.
#9Wanderer1313Posted 2/2/2012 5:03:07 PM
alexchanman posted...
im not far enough into the game to get the chocobos but tell me more about these one time catch monsters. i certainly dont want to miss the chance to catch them.

You'll never really miss out on 'catching' them as you actually find their crystals in specific areas outside of combat. So you don't have to worry about them becoming inacessable due to story.

Basically when you get to Serendipity (The Gold Saucer of this game) you'll be able to speak to a character who gives you bonuses based on the fragments you've collected. As a starter you unlock Improved Moogle Throw and a 10% increase to what you sell to Chocalina.

Improved Moogle Throw makes it so that if you throw Mog somewhere where there isn't a treasure he'll still search for something, usually coming back with crap or iffy stuff (Like potions or 1 gil). But in specific locations you can actually find these rare monster crystals.

The one exception to this are the Gigantuars. You can fight three and only three in the Archylte Steppe and they have a 100% drop rate on their crystals (But you can still only have one at a time so don't waste the fights).