Reaver

#1Jayhawk9408Posted 2/14/2012 5:09:24 PM
Is it possible to find a Reaver when you first get to the Archylte Steppe and unlock the weather controller? If so, is it in the Sanctorium or the Plains of Eternity?

I tried to find the answer but got conflicting reports and havn't found a Reaver in either areas so dunno if I'm missing something
#2orangeneePosted 2/14/2012 5:10:44 PM
The plains, mostly around where the Long Gui is.
---
Official Official of the Official board!!!
GT/PSN:Hellsteeth30
#3Jayhawk9408(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2012 5:33:35 PM
What other monsters were you running into around the area the Reaver's in? Cause I just seem to have the absolutely worst luck in finding him
#4TerminusEdgePosted 2/14/2012 5:35:27 PM
I found nothing but Reavers in the Sanctorium area. I'm firmly convinced nothing else spawns in there during sunny weather, after fighting about 14 Reavers.
#5TiaelPosted 2/14/2012 5:37:14 PM
I ran into some silver lobos and goblins (?) in the area, but mainly Reavers.
I ran around the rock by Long Gui (since I'm way too low to fight him yet) and fought plenty of Reavers, since you need sunny weather.
---
Official Guardian Ancient Robot of the Knights of Safe Haven
Playing
: Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Final Fantasy XIII-2
#6Jayhawk9408(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2012 5:39:22 PM(edited)
Is it possible to kill the Long Gui when you first get to the Steppes? Or is it likely something you do near the end of the game

I might try running around the rock, just having a bad time finding this guy then figuring he won't drop crystal for a good amount of kills with my luck heh
#7orangeneePosted 2/14/2012 5:38:02 PM
He's just rare, battlemania really helps too.

After I took out Long Gui, it was nothing BUT Reavers in that space. I did have battlemania on though.
---
#8AnimesetsunaPosted 2/14/2012 5:38:30 PM
I found Reaver on the East of PoE.
---
Currently playing: Gift - prism (PSP) & FFXIII-2 Asian (PS3)
So whose route is better? (dekirukana@joqr.net)
#9ethan3210Posted 2/14/2012 5:42:20 PM
Jayhawk9408 posted...
Is it possible to kill the Long Gui when you first get to the Steppes? Or is it likely something you do near the end of the game

I might try running around the rock, just having a bad time finding this guy then figuring he won't drop crystal for a good amount of kills with my luck heh

It's supposed to be end game, but you can probably do it at anytime, as long as you have over 3000HP and switch to Tortoise at every attack.
---
"Somedays, you just can't get rid of a bomb." - Batman
#10orangeneePosted 2/14/2012 5:45:24 PM
Animesetsuna posted...
I found Reaver on the East of PoE.

He does spawn in other places, I did have one near the gate. The spawn rate seems to be much higher around the big fella though.
---