Beneath a Timeless Sky - Paradox Ending HELP!!!

#1MystearicalPosted 2/16/2012 10:16:22 PM
Okay...

Noel vs Caius = Piece of Cake

Seraaaaaaaaaah vs Caius = Can't do

I need help!!!

Tried aggressive strategy going all out - would take him down to 1/2 his HP with stagger - chain break and some soul attack every 3rd (YES THIRD) turn at which point he's immortal... no dmg gotta dispel. Whatever... point his he heals his HP (there goes my advantage), he makes himself immortal and the dude just won't stop pouncing me.

Passive strategy... Sab + Med.... used wound/poison. Poison takes a while to stick... but will eventually. His HP goes down SLOWLY and eventually I die first due to my lack of HP (aka completely wounded).

Teams:
Sab + Green Choco
Sen + Green Choco
Rav + Cloudburst
Com + Behemoth (yeah I know he sucks... but takes to long to get another Com and I just want Omega)
Sen + Green Choco

Level: 99 in all

With Weapon I got Danjisomething
Acc: tried combo of Ribbon, Pure HP, Pure Resist... no luck

HELP?????
---
PSN: Mystearical ~Add me~
#22ndcuzofSpardaPosted 2/16/2012 10:19:42 PM
Try keeping sab and med up while he attacks, focus on poisoning first to knock out some hp, then deprotect and deshell, once he takes his breather, stagger him and go to town. Got a good com?
#3MrFuzzlesPosted 2/16/2012 10:21:48 PM
I just got done with that a while and had the same problem. Beat the crap out of Caius with Noel but was getting obliterated with Serah. I grabbed a sen and beefed up it's health and won on the first try. Took some time but it was really easy.
---
SSBB FC - 0344-8941-0600
#4subimpactPosted 2/16/2012 10:26:08 PM
i did some thinkering on this battle and what i used the best was

Serah + Cloudburst

Paradigm Shift was

COM + SEN

RAV + SEN

SAB + SEN

MED + SEN

SEN + SEN

(initial battle start with SEN+SEN) but let cloudburst gets provoke off.

then after that move to COM+SEN > then RAV+SEN rotating (main dmg dealing)

use SAB+SEN only when caius has buffed himself

MED+ SEN when cloudburst is taking heavy dmg

SEN + SEN when Caius flys up into the air casting some inferno thingy

manage to 5 start this on normal mode.

hope this helps
#5johanleePosted 2/16/2012 11:06:11 PM
lol i've done Serah vs Caius, but still stuck with one-on-one Noel vs Caius in Heir to Chaos paradox ending :(
#6beebarbPosted 2/16/2012 11:38:10 PM
I had MASSIVE trouble with this fight.

Until I tried this combo:

Weapon: Indrajit (Dropped by Immortal, +50% ATB)
Starting Paradigm: SAB+SEN-W (Pulse Gladiator Lv.28+)
Accessories: Magistral Crest, Grimoire Hat

You need speed and sabotage rather than raw power for this fight.

Also, Paradigms MUST be configured for a Wide battle strategy rather than Normal or Cross, as a Wide strategy forces Sarah to use her weapon in bow configuration. Which is critical in this fight as you don't want Sarah getting too close to Caius.

Ignore Auto-Battle.
Manual Ability Rotation:
Deshell
Deprotect
Woundga+Wound (Monitor Caius' Max HP with R1 Quick Beastiary ensure it gets to <=30k)
Poison

NEVER use MED. Use Potions and on occasion, Wound Potion.

Finish with COM+SEN-W or RAV+SEN-W and in last moments RAV+COM-W or COM+RAV-W or even COM+COM-W.

It may take a try or two to get the right attack pattern to win.
---
What the?! Who's There?!
#7Pitbuller_26Posted 2/16/2012 11:49:18 PM
As someone said before, SAB+SEN is going to be your main source of damage. Caius is susceptible to tall of Serah's debuffs, poison being the most important. Basically the paradigms should be all of Serah's roles(except SYN) then a SEN monster. Dispelling Caius's buffs are also helpful.
---
http://i.imgur.com/fNERH.gif http://i.imgur.com/0MN9i.gif http://i.imgur.com/vuPpy.gif
#8dragonis666Posted 2/17/2012 1:21:52 AM
ive tried all suggestions here and i keep getting beaten.

Serah lvl 99 everything

Pulse Knight MAX
Chichu lvl 42

Sen Sen
Rav Com
Com Com
Sab Sen
Syn Sen
Med Sen

What am I doing wrong?
#9tallgeese13Posted 2/17/2012 1:40:22 AM
Check Arthellinus' youtube channel, he has a video guide for this fight sub max level.

He uses Silver Chocobo and Yakshini, start in sen/sen then swap between dual sab/sen paradigms to deshell, poison, and imperil caius. Then swap to com/syn for faith/en buff and back to com/sen for ruin spam. If you are quick you can drop him before chain break. repeat for stage 2, use med/sen to esuna/cure as needed.
---
"Dear Lord! Bless this ****ing nub, oh Jesus. Bless him right in his stupid face."
#10S_o_i_g_g_ePosted 2/17/2012 2:20:58 AM
Chichu will eat Caius alive... the battle was so easy
---
Now Playing: FINAL FANTASY XIII-2