How to capture Metal Gigantuar easily

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII-2
  3. How to capture Metal Gigantuar easily
5 years ago#1
I don't know if most people already use this method; however, I couldn't find it on this board.

Since Metal Gigantuar was giving me trouble, I found out a good way to capture him even if one is not too high in level:

1. Weaken him with your attacks until he has 1000 or less HP (using a ravager feral link helps)

2. Use the regular cactuar's feral link which always deals 1000 HP damage + more than 700% sync rate

Caught him in 2 tries.
Wiegraf: "Tears then, for the world you see is one beyond my weary sight."
5 years ago#2
Do all feral links ignore type based resistance similar to how Meteor Javelin and Ultima Arrow do?
5 years ago#3
I don't think so; however Cactuar's feral link does ignore physical defense because it only deals 1000 HP damage; which, normally, isn't that much.

It's only useful in this fight 'cause the metal gigantuar has only 7777 hp.
5 years ago#4
Or, you could weaken him then when he's close to death switch to MED/MED/COM and do a feral link.
Nier is best gaming I've had since KH and FFX. One that breaks my heart yet keeps it warm and hopeful and happy. We definitely need more games like this.
5 years ago#5
can't you just beat him up until his chain is at 200% or so, then ultima arrow him to death?
Fly Eagles Fly, on the Road to Victory!
http://last.fm/user/xdevilbunny || http://rateyourmusic.com/~VelociBrad
5 years ago#6
^ You need to feral link kill it for the increased capture rate
I think I know, I don't think I know. I don't think I know that I know.
I think I know even though I don't think I know. I don't think I think.
5 years ago#7
Of course one can kill it with most feral links, however, the cactuar's is the most effective one, because it hurts him a lot than most others + it has an extremely high sync rate, improving your chances of getting one by a lot.
5 years ago#8
I just sicked Chichu on Metal Gigataur, it killed him in bout 5 seconds.
5 years ago#9
I've been on the Archylt Steppe for an two hours, and I've fought Cactuar once, with Battlemania. Unfortunately, I didn't get his crystal. Are there any tricks to get Cactuar appear more often?
Hope Estheim. 'Nuff said.
5 years ago#10
madapocket posted...
I've been on the Archylt Steppe for an two hours, and I've fought Cactuar once, with Battlemania. Unfortunately, I didn't get his crystal. Are there any tricks to get Cactuar appear more often?
---
Hope Estheim. 'Nuff said.

yeah fight him in the rain, especally in muddy canals
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII-2
  3. How to capture Metal Gigantuar easily

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived