How to capture Metal Gigantuar easily

#1Heavenboy88Posted 2/18/2012 1:18:52 AM
I don't know if most people already use this method; however, I couldn't find it on this board.

Since Metal Gigantuar was giving me trouble, I found out a good way to capture him even if one is not too high in level:

1. Weaken him with your attacks until he has 1000 or less HP (using a ravager feral link helps)

2. Use the regular cactuar's feral link which always deals 1000 HP damage + more than 700% sync rate

Caught him in 2 tries.
---
Wiegraf: "Tears then, for the world you see is one beyond my weary sight."
#2Gameandwatch2Posted 2/18/2012 1:21:21 AM
Do all feral links ignore type based resistance similar to how Meteor Javelin and Ultima Arrow do?
#3Heavenboy88(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2012 1:23:56 AM
I don't think so; however Cactuar's feral link does ignore physical defense because it only deals 1000 HP damage; which, normally, isn't that much.

It's only useful in this fight 'cause the metal gigantuar has only 7777 hp.
---
#4mumpsy21Posted 2/18/2012 1:49:29 AM
Or, you could weaken him then when he's close to death switch to MED/MED/COM and do a feral link.
---
Nier is best gaming I've had since KH and FFX. One that breaks my heart yet keeps it warm and hopeful and happy. We definitely need more games like this.
#5Kirby Driver RebornPosted 2/18/2012 1:51:22 AM
can't you just beat him up until his chain is at 200% or so, then ultima arrow him to death?
---
Fly Eagles Fly, on the Road to Victory!
http://last.fm/user/xdevilbunny || http://rateyourmusic.com/~VelociBrad
#6Paradox421Posted 2/18/2012 2:02:45 AM
^ You need to feral link kill it for the increased capture rate
---
I think I know, I don't think I know. I don't think I know that I know.
I think I know even though I don't think I know. I don't think I think.
#7Heavenboy88(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2012 4:06:04 AM
Of course one can kill it with most feral links, however, the cactuar's is the most effective one, because it hurts him a lot than most others + it has an extremely high sync rate, improving your chances of getting one by a lot.
---
#8servb0tsPosted 2/18/2012 4:53:20 AM
I just sicked Chichu on Metal Gigataur, it killed him in bout 5 seconds.
#9madapocketPosted 2/18/2012 4:56:02 AM
I've been on the Archylt Steppe for an two hours, and I've fought Cactuar once, with Battlemania. Unfortunately, I didn't get his crystal. Are there any tricks to get Cactuar appear more often?
---
Hope Estheim. 'Nuff said.
#10servb0tsPosted 2/18/2012 5:02:29 AM
madapocket posted...
I've been on the Archylt Steppe for an two hours, and I've fought Cactuar once, with Battlemania. Unfortunately, I didn't get his crystal. Are there any tricks to get Cactuar appear more often?
---
Hope Estheim. 'Nuff said.

yeah fight him in the rain, especally in muddy canals