FF vs tales

#1codemeisterx70Posted 2/18/2012 7:29:53 PM
Not meant to be a troll but i just wanted to have a discussion how do u think the tales series stands up to FF in regards to graphics, story, and gameplay?
---
Tell it to the cleaning lady on monday. - todd ingram
#2theofficefan99Posted 2/18/2012 7:31:02 PM
To me it's extremely obvious that FF outclasses Tales of in every single way. The only debatable thing is the battle system. Everything else is far, far better in FF to me.
---
Anticipating: Phantasy Star Online 2, FF Versus XIII, FF Type-0, Tales of Graces F, Xenoblade, The Last Story, Tomb Raider, and Final Fantasy XV
#3Rose_MagePosted 2/18/2012 7:33:08 PM
I like both, but I prefer Final Fantasy a lot more than the Tales of series.
---
"The real reason Figaro Castle is in the desert: nowhere to plug in a console that could potentially run XIII-2." ~ Hushfall
#4ilikeikeilikeikPosted 2/18/2012 7:33:09 PM
I've only played 5 of the Tales games, but I can safely say that Final Fantasy is the superior series.
---
I'm, but a little bit bit bit, show! but a little bit bit bit, shame!
but a little bit, bit, bit. Bit! bit! bit!
#5DragoonGriffithPosted 2/18/2012 7:37:36 PM
Overall: FF

This gen: Tales of (Vesperia, Graces, Xillia).
#6MagiusNecrosPosted 2/18/2012 7:37:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uD5xR8TbXQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efJlhwRmRfw

BURAAAAAA!
---
GILGAMESH ARMY accepting RECRUITS! PM for more details!
Official GILGAMESH and BARBATOS of every Gamefaqs Board
#7codemeisterx70(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2012 7:37:46 PM
See to me its a toss up gameplay i give to tales for being faster paced and it keeps my interest longer. Story id say tie ive had memorable times with 7 8 10 13 but symphonia vesperia and abyss are quite engaging as well and graphically id say has to go to final fantasy. All these are my opinions however
---
Tell it to the cleaning lady on monday. - todd ingram
#8Lelouch71Posted 2/18/2012 7:41:19 PM(edited)
This thread could get ugly...

Story: It ultimately depends on which game. As a whole they both entertain me. The only main difference is that Tales is more in your face with the anime tropes than FF. The anime stuff in the FF titles are more down to earth in comparison.

Characters: Honestly I think the Tales series do a better job with making you care about the characters.

Graphics: Final Fantasy wins no contest. You could argue the art direction, but the graphics themselves are superior with the FF titles.

Gameplay: I give it to the Tales series. Most of the Tales games have plenty of content. Then there is the battle system. They wipe the floor with the FF series. The Tales series have my favorite battle system simply because I like a good fighting game. Those games resemble them. However, I do feel that SE is slowly catching up in this regard when it comes to FF battle system.

Over all I'm a bigger Tales fan than a FF fan. I prefer MegaTen over both though.
---
"Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
#9ShaunKUNNPosted 2/18/2012 7:41:25 PM
Vesperia > FFXIII & FFXIII-2
But overall FF is better, at least in my opinion. I really haven't played enough of them, though. Only Vesperia and Symphonia have even been released here, so.
---
XBL: warm slurm
PSN: warm_slurm
#10RuneMaster no2Posted 2/18/2012 7:44:24 PM(edited)
I have one factor to comment on: The tales series has a very bad track record for cutscene implementation. They're all so jaggy and clunky. But the worlds that are created in each and every game are simply amazing in their scope. So much lore. I love it. I'm thinking Abyss and Vesperia here.

Ultimately, I think FF wins.
---
"Wait how did Delita destroyed history?" - ULoki