So, can I cheat the slots?

#1EternalNetherPosted 2/22/2012 12:38:48 AM
By cheating, I don't mean literally. More like cheating the game out of my actually playing it. I discovered the awesomeness of 'Auto' on the slot machines yesterday. I'm working on getting my platinum, but spending an eternity on the slot machines is not on my agenda if I can help it.

So, can I just buy 10,000 coins, tape down my L1 button, and leave the slots going while I'm at work in order to get that 7,777 trophy and the Serednipious trophy?
---
Caius (FFXIII-2) >> Sephiroth (FFVII)
When it comes down to it he just makes Sephiroth look like little more than a wet noodle.
#2Solid_PWPosted 2/22/2012 12:39:36 AM
Sure, why not. Just make sure your controller doesn't auto off.
---
"IS DERE SOMEBODY DERE." - The many guards of MGS2
#3madapocketPosted 2/22/2012 12:43:51 AM
Use duct tape, but if you go work more than 5 hours, which is probable, you will need closer to 30k+
---
Hope Estheim. 'Nuff said.
#4JolteonPosted 2/22/2012 12:49:09 AM

So, can I just buy 10,000 coins, tape down my L1 button, and leave the slots going while I'm at work in order to get that 7,777 trophy and the Serednipious trophy?

That's how most people get it.
---
Is this finally a conundrum that CAN'T be solved by helicopter theft?
#5EternalNether(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2012 12:49:09 AM
I work for 8 hours. You think 30K is what it would take to win the 7,777 and 10K I need for the two trophies?

I might create a second save file, sell all my crap, and do that on a throwaway file then. Because I only have 100K at the moment and that only buys 10K. I'd have to sell all my stuff to get the other money I need. Once I have the trophies I'll ditch that file and go back to my normal one.
---
When it comes down to it he just makes Sephiroth look like little more than a wet noodle.
#6madapocketPosted 2/22/2012 12:51:40 AM
If you're going for the trophy, Chocobo Races are better.

You know, just get a whole lotta coins. Kill Yomi with a Durable Collector Catalog a few times, and buy coins for all of that.

8 h, you need probably close to 50k
---
Hope Estheim. 'Nuff said.
#7EternalNether(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2012 12:58:18 AM
SIgh. Am I the ONLY person that finds the XIII-2 platinum more troublesome than the XIII platinum? Everyone said it was easier, but when all is said and done XIII took me a lot less time to do everything. And in this game I haven't even considered completing the bestiary yet.
---
#8TakumiTokihaPosted 2/22/2012 1:09:36 AM
After getting each fragment and unlocking a... *spoilers* method of speeding things up a bit, getting the Serendipitous trophy is a cinch. Simply level a silver chocobo as per the guide, play the upper level races and your coins will pile up. Just tack on the Limelight ability for good measure and clean up on the Fal 'Cie graded races. If you are speeding the game up with that fragment skill, it should take about 30 minutes.

In regards to the slots fragment, the rubber banded controller is the way to go. A very brief cutscene will play once its unlocked, unlike the trophy which will require you to either exit the slot machine or exit the chocobo racing menu.
#9HSGF_2Posted 2/22/2012 1:20:16 AM
I second'ing the silver chocobo method for the trophy on 10000 coins. My silver maxed out wins every race almost guaranteed 100% except the 1800m which it wins about 1/3rd. I bet 100 on my chocobo and win 220 with dark horse each race plus the race amount. 480 on the highest ones. Takes about 30 mins to win 10000 tokens.
---
PSN: Poolwizard1986
#10Nodonn3Posted 2/22/2012 1:32:05 AM
I just discovered you can quit the machine when the Super Victory mode starts ... save ... and when you re-enter the machine the Super Victory thing is still available. Nice.
---
"I wear the cheese, it doesn't wear me." The guy with all that cheese (Buffy).