Non-DLC Outfits?

#1Arvis_JaggamarPosted 3/19/2012 7:54:48 AM
Are there any unlockable outfits in the game that AREN'T paid DLC? I don't mind buying new outfits for characters in an FF game, but I was hoping that they would have programmed several into the game proper that can be unlocked.

-Arvis
#2TiaelPosted 3/19/2012 7:55:49 AM
No, but then again the only reason the outfit option is in the menu is because of DLC, if there was no DLC there wouldn't be outfits.
---
Playing: Final Fantasy XIII-2, God of War Collection, Jak & Daxter Collection, Journey
Waiting for: Xenoblade
#3Arvis_Jaggamar(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2012 7:57:04 AM
Great. How horribly lame. A whole menu option full of blank spots just to hold one or two DLC outfits. My life sucks! *FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS*

-Arvis
#4ColonelGuilePosted 3/19/2012 7:57:10 AM
There are none unfortunately.

However, Serah's XIII outfit is programmed into the game and should be released as a DLC unlock at some point.

The first patch you downloaded creates the Outfits selection in the Menu screen.
#5TiaelPosted 3/19/2012 7:58:45 AM(edited)
Arvis_Jaggamar posted...
Great. How horribly lame. A whole menu option full of blank spots just to hold one or two DLC outfits. My life sucks! *FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS*

-Arvis

3 so far (default, Summoner's Garb, Beachwear), with Exposure & Defense and a Mass Effect outfit coming, possibly more for Serah.
And Noel has 3 so far, with Assassin's Creed outfit coming and more.
---
Playing: Final Fantasy XIII-2, God of War Collection, Jak & Daxter Collection, Journey
#6Arvis_Jaggamar(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2012 8:04:29 AM
I always had one of those weird ideas that RPG characters should change clothes every now and again. I mean, by the end of FFX Auron's robe's got to be pretty rank, right?

So I was hoping there would be a good selection of outfits to alternate through in this game. Still... at least there ARE some options. Which is cool.

-Arvis
#7TiaelPosted 3/19/2012 8:08:47 AM(edited)
Yeah, but aside from class changes, cross dressing and dressing for a dance, for the mission, graduating to an upperclass, and a wedding (and XI, but an MMO is going to have equipment change), no past main FF has had an option to change outfits in the game.
---
#8tmrw_nt_tdyPosted 3/19/2012 6:46:12 PM
sadly the outfits tab is only there so SE can milk it's fans.

if you're looking for a game with tons of non-dlc outfits to swap around try resonance of fate by sega tric-ace. it has "A LOT" of clothing and costumes.
---
Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill thousands of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill millions of men and you are a hero. Kill them all, and you are a god.
#9Arvis_Jaggamar(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2012 1:03:45 PM
Yes, I LOVE Resonance of Fate. The outfit changes are one of the best things about it. However.... they're really freaking expensive, and that money can be better used one items/equipment/etc.

STILL!! Beggars can't be choosers. Resonance of Fate still makes me happy. :)

As does XIII-2.

-Arvis