Requiem of the Goddess help

#1TheFlowerGirlPosted 5/20/2012 8:52:13 AM
How many times must I fight Caius?
Must I fight him until I get 5 stars or beat him at a certain level. I heard there are 2 battles. But I fought him twice already with seemingly no advancements in the storyline.
First time I beat him at lv2. It took 1 hour. I only got 1 star.
The next time I beat him is at lv3. It took 26mins and again I got 1 star.
And now the game prompts me to fight the same battle with him again.
#2Lin_sanityPosted 5/20/2012 8:55:19 AM
At level 6+ you should beat Caius fast enough to move on to fight Chaos Bahamut. Get 5 stars on Chaos Bahamut to get Valkyrie Lightning crystal.
#3JoloStukiPosted 5/20/2012 8:56:15 AM
This'll help you do it at Level 5, maybe even earlier.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/619315-final-fantasy-xiii-2/62835367
---
Lightning Farron was a soldier and a master of martial arts. One day, she heard a scream so she screamed. Then she saw a guy named Pedro.
#4ZEOPOWER6Posted 5/20/2012 8:58:03 AM
TheFlowerGirl posted...
How many times must I fight Caius?
Must I fight him until I get 5 stars or beat him at a certain level. I heard there are 2 battles. But I fought him twice already with seemingly no advancements in the storyline.
First time I beat him at lv2. It took 1 hour. I only got 1 star.
The next time I beat him is at lv3. It took 26mins and again I got 1 star.
And now the game prompts me to fight the same battle with him again.

Yeah, it's really hard to beat him at those levels.

Level 5 to Level 9 are the sweet spots in which people beat him to get the second battle and the crystal.

Cast Mighty Guard/Aura as the battle starts and then go to Paladin for one set of attacks before switching to Shaman/Mage... alternate between this unless he's in Commando form, which is when you will use Knight to avoid his attacks and then go back to building up his Stagger. After he's staggered, build up the chain a bit with the Shaman/Mage and then beat him up with Paladin.

The Bahamut fight is relatively similar with Resist Wind/Resist Lightning thrown in there.
#5TheFlowerGirl(Topic Creator)Posted 5/20/2012 9:00:22 AM
Thanks!
Btw one more question. At the end of every battle do you gain one level only? Regardless of whether you beat him or not? Is it possible to gain 2 levels?
And if I want to level up, how long do I have to stay in the fight to gain a level. I mean if my level is not enough I'll probably be taking that long again in the fight just to defeat him
#6ZEOPOWER6Posted 5/20/2012 9:02:17 AM
TheFlowerGirl posted...
Thanks!
Btw one more question. At the end of every battle do you gain one level only? Regardless of whether you beat him or not? Is it possible to gain 2 levels?
And if I want to level up, how long do I have to stay in the fight to gain a level. I mean if my level is not enough I'll probably be taking that long again in the fight just to defeat him

One level only, but if you five star the battles you should get quite a bit more CP than if you died... so much that you automatically get to do level 10 and level 0!

At some point, I just kept dying on purpose to gain CP. :P
#7TheFlowerGirl(Topic Creator)Posted 5/20/2012 9:04:45 AM
ZEOPOWER6 posted...
At some point, I just kept dying on purpose to gain CP. :P

Which is what I'm trying to do.... but maximizing its potential :D
#8JoloStukiPosted 5/20/2012 9:05:48 AM
If you 5-star both fights, you get 10,000 Experience, Level 0 ~ 10, and Lightning's monster crystal.
---
Lightning Farron was a soldier and a master of martial arts. One day, she heard a scream so she screamed. Then she saw a guy named Pedro.
#9TheFlowerGirl(Topic Creator)Posted 5/20/2012 10:01:49 AM
JoloStuki posted...
If you 5-star both fights, you get 10,000 Experience, Level 0 ~ 10, and Lightning's monster crystal.

If I failed to 5 star the Bahamut fight, do I need to refight Caius if I want Lightning's crystal?
#10TheFlowerGirl(Topic Creator)Posted 5/20/2012 10:03:41 AM
Forget it. I found my answer. I died at the Bahamut fight....