What FF15 should be: A step in the Western direction

#301ChipNoirPosted 5/31/2012 7:58:01 AM
RPG maniac87 posted...
There are plenty of people out there [who] loved the ones you overlooked.

The ones I overlooked? Such as? I can't really think of any console JRPGs this gen that have had as much success as WRPGs except for FF13, which sold purely on the FF name (though admittedly, it is probably one of my favorite games this gen).

Your idea of success= Pandering to mindless hack&slash fans who throw money at anything ultra-violent and full of testosterone.

Go away! Final Fantasy has gotten along just fine without people like you.
---
The official Kefka. I hate you all.
#302Some_StaticPosted 5/31/2012 10:11:32 AM
The Chaos Presidency? Do you proof-read these things?
---
Church of Noise Death Crew 1977
Now Playing: Chrono Cross, L.A. Noire, Fallout: New Vegas
#303GlitchySkyrim(Topic Creator)Posted 5/31/2012 2:47:25 PM
Some_Static posted...

is there something wrong with that name? 0_o

We've had worse. SeeD, AVALANCH, L'cie, etc
---
Sorry, I tried to post pics but a pic is worth a thousand words. That exceeds the GameFAQs character limit.
#304GlitchySkyrim(Topic Creator)Posted 5/31/2012 2:50:49 PM
ChipNoir posted...
RPG maniac87 posted...
There are plenty of people out there [who] loved the ones you overlooked.

The ones I overlooked? Such as? I can't really think of any console JRPGs this gen that have had as much success as WRPGs except for FF13, which sold purely on the FF name (though admittedly, it is probably one of my favorite games this gen).

Your idea of success= Pandering to mindless hack&slash fans who throw money at anything ultra-violent and full of testosterone.

Go away! Final Fantasy has gotten along just fine without people like you.

Hello. How are you?

I love trolls. Ignore the question, talk about something completely unrelated. It's so fun talking to children and hear them use what they learned from American Politics 101.
---
Sorry, I tried to post pics but a pic is worth a thousand words. That exceeds the GameFAQs character limit.
#305Some_StaticPosted 5/31/2012 2:52:48 PM
GlitchySkyrim posted...
Some_Static posted...

Yeah, but Chaos Presidency is so obviously just there to 'sound cool'. Presidency implies government, which implies 'order', opposite of 'chaos'.

Rest of it is aight, but that name really just stands out as RPG Maker material.
---
#306GlitchySkyrim(Topic Creator)Posted 5/31/2012 2:57:27 PM
Some_Static posted...
GlitchySkyrim posted...
Some_Static posted...

Yeah, but Chaos Presidency is so obviously just there to 'sound cool'. Presidency implies government, which implies 'order', opposite of 'chaos'.

Rest of it is aight, but that name really just stands out as RPG Maker material.

I'm glad you're actually providing a reason for your objection. So many immature people in this topic are simply here to troll and fail to give justification for their bashing.

That being said, "Chaos Presidency" is actually a reference to the original Final Fantasy as the villain was named Chaos, whereas the "Light Warriors" are a reference to the heroes, the Warriors of Light. I can see where you're coming from, though; Chaos Presidency may come across as corny to someone who doesn't understand the reference. Can you think of a good alternative name that still manages to reference Chaos?
---
#307Some_StaticPosted 5/31/2012 2:59:49 PM
GlitchySkyrim posted...
Some_Static posted...
GlitchySkyrim posted...
Some_Static posted...

I'm glad you're actually providing a reason for your objection. So many immature people in this topic are simply here to troll and fail to give justification for their bashing.

That being said, "Chaos Presidency" is actually a reference to the original Final Fantasy as the villain was named Chaos, whereas the "Light Warriors" are a reference to the heroes, the Warriors of Light. I can see where you're coming from, though; Chaos Presidency may come across as corny to someone who doesn't understand the reference. Can you think of a good alternative name that still manages to reference Chaos?

I honestly can't. I understand wanting to place homage, though I wouldn't go through with it.
---
#308Some_StaticPosted 5/31/2012 3:00:06 PM
And I apologize if my initial post was a little harsh.
---
#309GlitchySkyrim(Topic Creator)Posted 6/1/2012 10:09:23 PM
Some_Static posted...
And I apologize if my initial post was a little harsh.

it's okay. Several people in this topic have posted spam responses, so it's nice to see someone real discussion
---
#310theofficefan99Posted 6/1/2012 10:16:19 PM
FFXIII's terms weren't lame at all.
---
Anticipating: Phantasy Star Online 2, FF Versus XIII, FF Type-0, Xenoblade, The Last Story, Tomb Raider, and Final Fantasy XV