C/D: FFXIII has the best looking world.

#11RexRagnellPosted 2/20/2011 2:19:40 PM
C

As someone on the FFXIII board said, Final Fantasy XIII managed to hit the balance between modern feel and fantasy-like setting. Substantial thoughts have been put to create the magnificent worlds of Cocoon and Pulse, and it is a great shame that no one but the developers can fully explore their full beauty.
---
In the world where I once existed, time's path is no longer certain...
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/928790-final-fantasy-xiii/58140993
#12JanneK89Posted 2/20/2011 2:59:29 PM
"and it is a great shame that no one but the developers can fully explore their full beauty."

I think that's what this sequel will be about. I think I remember reading something about SE saying something about Pulse being so huge and that in XIII we only got to see such a small part of it, and that they want to show a lot more of it in the sequel. So here's hoping. :-)
#13RexRagnellPosted 2/20/2011 3:06:06 PM
^Well, if SE still made us travel in a linear manner in the sequel, it doesn't matter how much of Pulse is revealed to us...
---
In the world where I once existed, time's path is no longer certain...
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/928790-final-fantasy-xiii/58140993
#14reno385Posted 2/20/2011 6:22:28 PM
D. It's pretty but it's not the best. I like the floating paradise concept, though Midgar was kind of the same thing.
---
If you had told me 6 years ago that I could play Final Fantasy 8 and Spyro the Dragon on the toilet, I'd have said you were mad. And then God gave us the PSP.
#15shinigami_mattPosted 2/20/2011 8:14:04 PM
C easily
---
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed. - The Gunslinger
#16TaikutsuRemedyPosted 2/20/2011 11:57:22 PM
Very reluctant D.

I love the FF13 world, and it easily sits as my second favourite FF setting, and overall one of my favourite video game settings in general. However, I must agree with one of the earlier posters that FF 8 featured the most unified and overall inspired world out of all the FF games.
#17Demonking234Posted 2/21/2011 12:30:41 AM
C, even though I was in-between on this. Because I loved the Ivalice settings.
---
Children in the dark can cause accidents, yet accidents in the dark will cause children
-Author unknown
#18ColorSlanderPosted 2/21/2011 6:12:45 AM
D, I loved Cocoon and Gran Pulse, but artistically I found it lacking at times. Some places were gorgeous, like a crystalized Lake Bresha. But other places it just felt like upped graphics with no focal point.

Still gorgeous though. I'm also a fan of scifi environments.
#19ZXR_ReignSlayerPosted 2/21/2011 6:39:45 AM
Best looking world

Bleh heh heh heh heh BLECK!

Tales of Vesperia and SMT Nocturne top it, no wait not top it they beat the living hell out of it.
---
Maybe because he thought it made for good lulz. Some trolls can't be reasoned with by facts or logic
Some trolls just want to watch the boards burn
#20ssk9716757Posted 2/21/2011 6:46:13 AM
It's a toss up between XII and XIII for me. Both were downright amazing visually and constantly made me stop to admire their beauty. Isamu Kamikokuryo deserves some kind of award for his work.