Gadot, Marquis, Lebreau, new party member: Pulseworker

#1xenosaga123Posted 6/3/2011 9:36:11 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1f6XKUHSYM

Paused a couple of times, also noticed a new character, a short haired blonde girl.

Also, there seems to be some kind of overhead dungeon called a Rift.
#2SlimeStackPosted 6/3/2011 9:41:27 AM
In the battle with the Pulseworker you can see an icon for it in the bottom-right, and next to it icons that look like those robo sinspawn. I think there's a monster summoning mechanic or something.
---
Taking joke topics seriously since 2003.
#3xenosaga123(Topic Creator)Posted 6/3/2011 10:02:19 AM
So, Beastmaster confirmed or PUP? xD
#4SlimeStackPosted 6/3/2011 10:04:13 AM
Dunno. In FFX-2 International (which is made by the same team, no?), you could catch monsters and replace Yuna/Rikku/Paine with them. Maybe it's like that.
---
Taking joke topics seriously since 2003.
#5VanilleAlistairPosted 6/3/2011 10:16:29 AM

or maybe the pulseworker is just on your side for that particular fight in the story?

#6FaustXIIPosted 6/3/2011 3:43:30 PM
Not looking forward to this monster capture thing... I'd rather focus on my characters... Oh I can already see it: the only party members are Noel and Serah, and your choice of monster. :/
#7MMX377Posted 6/3/2011 3:46:53 PM
Ohh! I want Chocobo and Behemoth in my party!

Okay, okay... I did post that before in few topics. Sorry.
---
"Get up!! Show me your true power!" Ryu's victory in SF3
#8xXFatalv1Posted 6/3/2011 3:48:00 PM
A monster-catcher mechanic would be cool. There's no shortage of monsters on Gran Pulse.
#9DracozombiePosted 6/3/2011 3:50:47 PM
Gonna pimp-out an Ochu and go to town with it.
---
http://thegaminggab.blogspot.com/
#10MagnaderAlphaPosted 6/3/2011 3:54:12 PM
Cosindering Kitase and Toriyama said there's going to be a lot of new characters, I'm leaning over towards the Pulseworker as being a Guest party member. You probably activate it in a dungeon(like Robo in Chrono Trigger) and he obeys you. They are probably going to do the sappy "robot sacrifice" bit where a powerful monster's going to try to kill Serah and the Pulseworker will jump in front of her, shielding her form the attack, but taking major damage in return. After that, Serah will say a prayer at grave marker she builds out of his parts.

But yeah, in all seriousness, I do think it's a party member, much like the Worker 8 robot in Final Fantasy Tactics. Besides, I'm all for non-human party members! Have we even had a robot party member in a FF game? That would be awesome!!