can someone explain the secret ending to me

#21kimyman2Posted 12/19/2011 5:22:37 PM
Metaun posted...
Lightning may have turned to stone, because Etro has apparently perished. And Lightning holds apart of Etro perhaps.

seems legit
---
Prompto + Ignis + Noctis + Gladiolus + AND + Stella = PINGAS
#22FareweLLibraPosted 12/19/2011 5:24:41 PM
kimyman2 posted...
ZackEshna posted...
In all seriousness, when Valhalla reappears and starts wrecking ****-- the secret ending reveals that it was Caius?

I guess he somehow resurrected himself, I don't know I'm still confused as to why Lightning turned to stone and how Serah died.

From what I gather (and that wouldn't be much at all) - Killing Caius destroyed the balance between the two worlds (I'm guessing too much chaos in Valhalla) which caused Valhalla to spill over into the visible world. Since Caius isn't actually able to be killed (until XIII-3, I'm sure) he was resurrected.

Serah died from jumping around the timeline too much, much in the same way that Yeul ended up dying in just about every scene she was in.

No answer as per why Lightning turned to stone, but she looks absolutely beautiful. Ironically, the best she's ever looked.

So, in their attempt to find Lightning and prevent Noel's future from happening, Serah and Noel basically played into Caius' scheme, which I'm assuming will be remedied in XIII-3, which we ought to expect soon enough.
#23ophanseraph123Posted 12/19/2011 5:26:45 PM
ZackEshna posted...
What is this door everybody's talking about?

Why is Serah specifically the key? Also, why did Serah just drop dead?

Assuming most of these make sense if you played the game in a language you understand.

The door is the gate to the spirit world, where Buniberzei resides.

I'm not sure "why" Serah was the key, but because of what happened IMMEDIATELY after her death, it's a logical deduction.
---
Pokemon Black FC: 0003 2703 2507
#24GfetGalleonFFMPosted 12/19/2011 5:27:33 PM
Probably salvation will come from proto-cocoon
---
Psn- LordGfet
Oh man, i F**king loved squaresoft, why square-enix, why? Current Playing- Final fantasy type-0, MW3, FF XIII PLATINUM
#25kimyman2Posted 12/19/2011 5:28:32 PM
DeathCelestial posted...
kimyman2 posted...
ZackEshna posted...
From what I gather (and that wouldn't be much at all) - Killing Caius destroyed the balance between the two worlds (I'm guessing too much chaos in Valhalla) which caused Valhalla to spill over into the visible world. Since Caius isn't actually able to be killed (until XIII-3, I'm sure) he was resurrected.

Serah died from jumping around the timeline too much, much in the same way that Yeul ended up dying in just about every scene she was in.

No answer as per why Lightning turned to stone, but she looks absolutely beautiful. Ironically, the best she's ever looked.

So, in their attempt to find Lightning and prevent Noel's future from happening, Serah and Noel basically played into Caius' scheme, which I'm assuming will be remedied in XIII-3, which we ought to expect soon enough.

Wait wait wait, If he isn't actually able to be killed, then how did he die when Noel stabbed him?
---
#26Some_StaticPosted 12/19/2011 5:34:51 PM(edited)
ophanseraph123 posted...
ZackEshna posted...
What is this door everybody's talking about?

Why is Serah specifically the key? Also, why did Serah just drop dead?

Assuming most of these make sense if you played the game in a language you understand.

The door is the gate to the spirit world, where Buniberzei resides.

I'm not sure "why" Serah was the key, but because of what happened IMMEDIATELY after her death, it's a logical deduction.

Is the spirit world the same as the invisible world?

If so, didn't they already have access, where Lightning is?

Regardless of either, what does the fight between Etro and Caius have to do with anything?
Edit: Nevermind, I just had to think about that for a second. Etro is overseeing the balance of chaos between the invisible world and the visible world, and Caius (for what reason?) wants to break that balance.
---
Zack Eshna: coffee = lifeblood
Now playing: Final Fantasy IV, Final Fantasy VIII
#27GfetGalleonFFMPosted 12/19/2011 5:34:24 PM
kimyman2 posted...
DeathCelestial posted...
kimyman2 posted...
ZackEshna posted...

Wait wait wait, If he isn't actually able to be killed, then how did he die when Noel stabbed him?

Noel didn't kill him, he commited suicide
---
Psn- LordGfet
Oh man, i F**king loved squaresoft, why square-enix, why? Current Playing- Final fantasy type-0, MW3, FF XIII PLATINUM
#28kimyman2Posted 12/19/2011 5:37:40 PM
ZackEshna posted...
ophanseraph123 posted...
ZackEshna posted...
Edit: Nevermind, I just had to think about that for a second. Etro is overseeing the balance of chaos between the invisible world and the visible world, and Caius (for what reason?) wants to break that balance.

he wanted to break the balance so that Yeul would stop dying

GfetGalleonFFM posted...
kimyman2 posted...
DeathCelestial posted...
kimyman2 posted...
ZackEshna posted...

Noel didn't kill him, he commited suicide

right

but he can't die so him stabbing himself shouldn't have had the effect that it did right?
---
#29ophanseraph123Posted 12/19/2011 5:39:01 PM
I'm honestly getting the feeling that Caius was manipulating Serah and Noel from the very start to get this result. With Serah's death serving as a "key" to open the way to the invisible world, Etro would die and everything would be shot all to Hell. Thing is, Caius now has a horrible, torturous time loop set up so he can attempt to keep Yuel alive.

I'm also starting to get the feeling that the first playthrough you do of the game isn't Serah and Noel's first trip to disaster. This could have been going on for quite a while before the game's start...
---
Pokemon Black FC: 0003 2703 2507
#30kimyman2Posted 12/19/2011 5:43:52 PM
ophanseraph123 posted...
I'm honestly getting the feeling that Caius was manipulating Serah and Noel from the very start to get this result. With Serah's death serving as a "key" to open the way to the invisible world, Etro would die and everything would be shot all to Hell. Thing is, Caius now has a horrible, torturous time loop set up so he can attempt to keep Yuel alive.

I'm also starting to get the feeling that the first playthrough you do of the game isn't Serah and Noel's first trip to disaster. This could have been going on for quite a while before the game's start...

So Caius somehow manipulated Noel into traveling back to the past to save yeul and in doing so is doing exactly what caius wants?
---