RUMOUR: FFXV to be announced at E3 2012 as part of FF 25th Anniversary

#1GalvanizationPosted 12/21/2011 6:03:12 AM
The latest issue of GamesMaster UK is out and claims a rumour that FFXV will be announced for (Wii U/PS3/360/PC) at a special Square Enix E3 2012 press conference that's celebrating the 25th Anniversary of Final Fantasy.

Is this possible? I'm calling BS.
---
"JRPGs are not mainly about story. That's just a trend FF started. Look at the huge sales of Pokemon. Do people buy it for the story? Hell no! " ~ Vex
#2LuckNotDoWithItPosted 12/21/2011 6:06:08 AM
Yeah most likely BS...
Square-Enix has been too quiet for something right now. Also to think they would make a time-exclusive deal for Wii U.....Nintendo would had to have paid them an awful lot of money, I mean "yen" to generate that kind of response..

I just...for some reason find it far fetched. I don't think Final Fantasy 15 is already ready with story and scenarios, I suspect its being worked on by the other teams and by Ito & Amano. But it's at least one year off, November 2012 I would say is likely reveal date.

Though they pulled this with Kingdom Hearts so once again, who knows maybe they'll pull a rabbit straight out of their hat. >_>
#3Alky88Posted 12/21/2011 6:07:50 AM
PC? Yeah, not likely.
---
"Official Jill Valentine of the MvC3 boards!"
#4TiaelPosted 12/21/2011 6:08:02 AM
Probably not for all those systems, but E3 2012 will be interesting nonetheless.
---
Official Guardian Ancient Robot of the Knights of Safe Haven
Playing
: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Batman: Arkham City, Chrono Cross
#5StickFingaz511Posted 12/21/2011 6:09:58 AM
before they start speaking on next game they need to get moving on Versus XIII and localizing Type 0(my guess is itll be on Vita it wont be in the states for at east a year)
#6nevertidus24Posted 12/21/2011 6:11:34 AM
Calling BS as well, but you never know. It certainly wouldnt be uncharacteristic of SE to announce a new title too early if they have a unique opportunity that would garner the game more than usual interest, even if only temporarily (in this case the 25th anniversary, in a previous case the launch of the PS3).
---
I'm Dracula *****, don't got a problem smackin a *****, kidnappin attackin with axes and **** till she decides to take Dracula's ****.
#7Galvanization(Topic Creator)Posted 12/21/2011 6:12:56 AM
Tiael posted...
Probably not for all those systems, but E3 2012 will be interesting nonetheless.

If this turns out to be true then E3 2012 will be the most epic E3 from Square Enix in a long time!

- FFXV announced.
- New trailer and playable demo of FFXIV 2.0.
- New trailer and (possible) playable demo of FF Versus XIII.
---
"JRPGs are not mainly about story. That's just a trend FF started. Look at the huge sales of Pokemon. Do people buy it for the story? Hell no! " ~ Vex
#8TiaelPosted 12/21/2011 6:16:55 AM
I'm guessing we will hear news of FFXV at E3, but it won't be for all the systems listed, PS3/360 definitely, Wii U maybe, PC probably not.
Hell, with how long Versus is taking I think they should wait until the XBOX 720/PS4, w/e they are going to be called.
---
Official Guardian Ancient Robot of the Knights of Safe Haven
Playing
: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Batman: Arkham City, Chrono Cross
#9ilikeikeilikeikPosted 12/21/2011 6:17:35 AM(edited)
Galvanization posted...

- New trailer and (possible) playable demo of FF Versus XIII.

Keep dreaming.
---
#10Galvanization(Topic Creator)Posted 12/21/2011 6:20:31 AM
ilikeikeilikeik posted...
Keep dreaming.

Well, didn't Nomura say that the next information reveal is already set and it would be at an event after the Japanese release of FF Type-0 and FFXIII-2? E3 2012 totally fits the bill. FF Versus XIII may not be playable but it will at least get a trailer, I hope.
---