Final Fantasy XIII-2, the entire story (Spoilers from start to finish)

#11LuckNotDoWithItPosted 12/24/2011 3:45:50 AM(edited)
(Spoiler)

This is a story that places little emphasis on the cast of FFXIII, so that players who disliked XIII will not be reminded of those characters at all. It is clear it was derived from fan feedback on the whole. Since much of the cast was disliked in XIII, the only characters are Snow, Hope, Lightning and Sazh. Their role has also been intentionally minimized to be optional.

Likely that further character archs will be downloadable DLC. Only fans who wish to know more about the character's past will partake. Sazh is one, Lightning is another. This should be viewed as an entirely separate game with small ties to XIII, so most players who barely touched the first can just run off and time travel/do as they wish.

Backstory: Kitase didn't pull the plot-twists out of the air. In the Analects of Fabula Nova Crystallis, it makes crystal clear mention of Etro allowing the winds of the skies and starlit chaos to swoop down from the clouds above. The world's sky will turn to night, in mass sacrifice, as the door to Etro's world busts open. Gateway to Valhalla.
FNC is exactly where those ending scenes all came from...

Meanwhile in the final ending moments, Caius explains Yuel's vision while sitting on the throne. He also walks about going over the player's journey with a scowl. Intentional as the quest is caught in a time loop. It also says that, Yuel arrived in this timeline at the same time Ragnarok was fighting the War of Transgression. Yuel skipped straight into the future, triggering a mass amount of events. It only means something if you are an FF13 vet. Yuel entered Noel's future at the same time Cocoon is entirely destroyed, the exact time Lightning was pushed right into Valhalla.
#12legaiapPosted 12/24/2011 3:44:07 AM

So Fang and Vanille didn't die when coccoon fell then and they could reappear in 13-3 along with Sazh, Dajh, Hope, and Snow.

And lighting is stone

Also since Serah is bascailly yuel (i guess) at the end does that mean she'll be reborn? that means she'll be in the sequel.

huh does that also mean that no really died at the end of the game like everyone just assumed?

#13LuckNotDoWithItPosted 12/24/2011 3:51:26 AM
"does that mean that everyone didn't really die at the end like you just assume?"

Pretty much. Its written in the very Fabula Nova Analects, that the gateway to Valhalla will be open once the sky turns to complete dusk as its air grows cold. (Darkness) An end of days scenario. Of course Paddra-Yuel is the original writer of the Analects, so who truly knows, exactly what the creators will do now that Etro's door is open....
#14NightEnigmaPosted 12/24/2011 4:01:06 AM
Devilman_Amon posted...
What a mess

This...
---
Enjoying being a Female Gamer. :|
"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid" - John Wayne
#15MetaunPosted 12/24/2011 4:04:42 AM
Info on Alyssa? And why Snow pops up in a paradox ending?

And maybe how Vanille ended in Oerba in one ending?

And finally, why is Lightning in stone?

Otherwise flawless job so far.
#16ayalorenPosted 12/24/2011 4:06:18 AM
Lightning should wake up since she's not really dead. If she was, she would be completely gone and would not have been able to help Serah and Noel a few times.
#17HippieforLightPosted 12/24/2011 4:21:37 AM

ayaloren posted...
Lightning should wake up since she's not really dead. If she was, she would be completely gone and would not have been able to help Serah and Noel a few times.

She won't.  They already cut her out in the first place to appease crying fanboys... they aren't gonna put her back.  This is probably around the time I should be leaving the forum.  I was against Serah and Noel being the main characters and the monsters from the start... and it's apparent that SE won't change.  They aren't making these sequels for fans of XIII...

#18BerserkFury8533Posted 12/24/2011 4:24:35 AM
Toriyama'd... *is shot*

*_*
---
Thought you could take my name, my game, my story, my glory, my fame!
--(Psn: LunaticHighZZZZZ)---
#19ayalorenPosted 12/24/2011 4:26:21 AM
HippieforLight posted...

ayaloren posted...

She won't. They already cut her out in the first place to appease crying fanboys... they aren't gonna put her back. This is probably around the time I should be leaving the forum. I was against Serah and Noel being the main characters and the monsters from the start... and it's apparent that SE won't change. They aren't making these sequels for fans of XIII...

How about you wait and see. I only said that she logically should wake up at some point. Your pessimism is just a waste at the moment 'cause nothing is clear. Nothing.
#20mr369248Posted 12/24/2011 4:30:56 AM
Oh man, it's like they do this on purpose.