Final Fantasy XIII-2, the entire story (Spoilers from start to finish)

#21HippieforLightPosted 12/24/2011 4:32:54 AM

ayaloren posted...
HippieforLight posted...

ayaloren posted...

Lightning should wake up since she's not really dead. If she was, she would be completely gone and would not have been able to help Serah and Noel a few times.

She won't. They already cut her out in the first place to appease crying fanboys... they aren't gonna put her back. This is probably around the time I should be leaving the forum. I was against Serah and Noel being the main characters and the monsters from the start... and it's apparent that SE won't change. They aren't making these sequels for fans of XIII...

How about you wait and see. I only said that she logically should wake up at some point. Your pessimism is just a waste at the moment 'cause nothing is clear. Nothing.

Wait another two years, be promised another adventure with Lightning... and then have that promise broken by making her a plot device yet again?  No thanks.  Like I said, they cut Lightning out to appease fanboys.  They left her encased in stone and completely helpless... at the very most, she'll make a few appearances.  Why?  Because now they have to deal with the plot threads of fixing the timeline, saving Snow, saving Fang and Vanille, Etro, Serah being dead/Yuel reborn, Caius, and Chaos.  Lightning will take even more of a backseat and might make a cameo at the end. 

#22JanneDaArc135Posted 12/24/2011 4:37:53 AM
Good summary :). You forgot to say Moogle dies though :( Such a shame. It sucks that everyone on the new cocoon died too :(
#23soulabcPosted 12/24/2011 4:38:40 AM
Looking at the sales, they didn't attract any new fans or changed the mind of haters, did they?
#24ayalorenPosted 12/24/2011 4:40:52 AM
HippieforLight posted...

Wait another two years, be promised another adventure with Lightning... and then have that promise broken by making her a plot device yet again? No thanks. Like I said, they cut Lightning out to appease fanboys. They left her encased in stone and completely helpless... at the very most, she'll make a few appearances. Why? Because now they have to deal with the plot threads of fixing the timeline, saving Snow, saving Fang and Vanille, Etro, Serah being dead/Yuel reborn, Caius, and Chaos. Lightning will take even more of a backseat and might make a cameo at the end.

They never promised that even this game would be an adventure with Lightning. They messed up with having her everywhere, yes, but that's not saying anything of a possible -3 'cause it's not the same game. Your opinion is your opinion. But it's not fact. Stop trying to make it into it.
#25RuneOfIcePosted 12/24/2011 4:41:41 AM
IceRune posted...
Thanks for sharing, TC.
I sad. D:

Yes, I agree with my twin. Quite sad.
---
Time. And. Space. Time. And. Space. Time. And. Space.
#26HippieforLightPosted 12/24/2011 4:47:59 AM

ayaloren posted...
HippieforLight posted...

Wait another two years, be promised another adventure with Lightning... and then have that promise broken by making her a plot device yet again? No thanks. Like I said, they cut Lightning out to appease fanboys. They left her encased in stone and completely helpless... at the very most, she'll make a few appearances. Why? Because now they have to deal with the plot threads of fixing the timeline, saving Snow, saving Fang and Vanille, Etro, Serah being dead/Yuel reborn, Caius, and Chaos. Lightning will take even more of a backseat and might make a cameo at the end.

They never promised that even this game would be an adventure with Lightning. They messed up with having her everywhere, yes, but that's not saying anything of a possible -3 'cause it's not the same game. Your opinion is your opinion. But it's not fact. Stop trying to make it into it.

I never said it was a fact.  But honestly... what are the chances that she will become the main protagonist?  Zero.  What are the chances she'll at least be a main character?  Slim... XIII-3 will be a direct sequel to the story of XIII-2, a story that Lightning had little significance in outside of being a plot device.  What are the chance she will be an important supporting character?  Once again, slim... she had very little to do with the overall events of XIII-2 outside of being the catalyst.  This means she will most likely be a Tritagonist, a tertiary character, or maybe even a cameo character.  No, this is not fact... and I have never said it was.  However, this is being realistic.

#27LuckNotDoWithItPosted 12/24/2011 4:48:26 AM
"Lightning will be nothing but a plot device yet again?"

Yes. Can you not live with that? The whole story of Lightning comes from the FNC. Unless she gets a lot of character development, its unlikely the haters who return to this series will want Lightning back at all.

They're going to expand on her past through who knows, the Ultimania, Novella, the DLC, probably some comic-book....and the existing story they have in FNC. They really don't care if a million Lightning fanboys are going to be upset. Compared to everyone else, the Lightning fanboys are a minority. Finally, if Lightning is in the background of the story the mission to rescue Fang et. makes perfect sense.
#28Split InfinityPosted 12/24/2011 4:51:18 AM
JLLee, thanks for the explanation. I really hate the fact that they've offed Serah.=(
#29soulabcPosted 12/24/2011 4:56:16 AM
Lol, they want to appeal this game to xiii haters, and yet still put lightning on every advertisement?
#30LuckNotDoWithItPosted 12/24/2011 5:03:14 AM
Feedback wise, Lightning was moderately 'liked' by everyone for her flashy image and swordplay. All these marketing 101 lessons are being reused. Its unlikely that most people liked Lightning for her character depth, as many people did not take time to understand Lightning at all.(Positively)