Final Fantasy XIII-2, the entire story (Spoilers from start to finish)

#51HippieforLightPosted 12/24/2011 6:58:26 AM

LuckNotDoWithIt posted...
"source for this?"

http://www.ps3trophies.org/news/news-4029-E3-2011--Kitase-and-Toriyama-Give-Us-The-Lowdown-on-Final-Fantasy-XIII-2.html
http://forum.fanfiction.net/topic/77943/35728536/1/

And Amazon, 2ch...
Lightning will be lucky if she appears in Versus.

"And another thing is, if you haven't played Final Fantasy XIII yet, maybe you can find yourself in the new male character, Noel, as he's detached from what happened in Cocoon in Final Fantasy XIII's story and also what is actually happening to Lightning and the other characters at the moment in Cocoon and Gran Pulse. He's kind of a beginner to the Final Fantasy XIII world anyway, so maybe you can actually look at the story from his point of view.

This just confirms that XIII-2 was geared towards non-fans.

"//forum.fanfiction..."

First of all... that's a fanfiction site, which is never credible.  Second... most of those posts were POSITIVE towards Lightning.  Once again, official Xbox 360 polls (aka 30% of the XIII fanbase) voted Lightning as their #1 favorite XIII character and Japan as a whole voted Lightning as their #34 favorite character of all time after only two months of XIII's release.  Over here in America, she was voted #2 hottest (gotta love how different the two focuses are... Japan looks at personality while America looks at boobs) video game character ever created (so she does have notoriety over in the states).  Where you are getting all this, "she's unpopular" nonsense is beyond me.

#52JL Lee(Topic Creator)Posted 12/24/2011 7:35:52 AM
Metaun posted...
Info on Alyssa? And why Snow pops up in a paradox ending?

And maybe how Vanille ended in Oerba in one ending?

And finally, why is Lightning in stone?

Otherwise flawless job so far.

Paradox endings are just "What if?" endings, much like Chrono Trigger's alternate endings. They shouldn't be counted in as per the real story, so don't read too much into those.

Lightning is not in stone. She's been crystalised after her defeat, so she's still there. Problem is, there's no more goddess to revive her how. So we have no idea how it'll pan out, if S-E decides to conclude the series (guess they have to, like it or not)

Also, do realise that although Lightning isn't FEATURED as a playable character for the rest of the game, she, like Yuel, is still a focal point. Just as the original journey was to save Serah, Serah's journey was to meet her sister again. Lightning narrates more than half the story, she slowly guides Serah on the path to saving the world.

That, IMO, makes her just as important. Just that she can no longer physically intervene in the real world because she is already non-existant as an Avatar of Etro and has her own war to fight.

This is made rather plainly clear in the side-story involving the Blitz Team at Vile Peaks.

Meniph posted...
Thanks a lot for the summary TC but holy hell that's confusing

BTW, who's fal'Cie Adam? The one that looks like Anima?

And do you know what exactly is Atlas supposed to be?

He's an artificial Fal'cie created by Hope initially in the idea of an all-seeing manager of the people on the ground, not unlike Orphan.

Atlas...I'll have to check it up again. Forgot about it after episode 2 :P

And guys, let's not argue about Lightning here. The focus of this topic is THIS story, about the time travelling (which has been concluded) and how it might affect the next game.

We also know (via the post-game letters from Serah and Noel to each other at AF700) that Noel is still alive and kicking, while Serah's soul is floating around, not knowing where she is, but happy that she managed to change the world.

Having watched the Secret Ending, it only reaffirms that it was all JUST AS PLANNED from Caius' point of view, that the intention to change the world would bring about the chance for him to remove the Goddess from meddling in his plans, but the question is, how did he survive?
---
[Jewelled Bell] goes *Jingle, Jangle*!
Currently playing: Taiko no Tatsujin Portable DX (PSP), Idolmaster 2 (PS3), Final Fantasy 13-2 (PS3)
#53toimontoiPosted 12/24/2011 7:45:33 AM

Thanks for the review :).

Did they explaine what happened to Alyssa in the end? She isn't anywhere, it's strange.

#54mini_blightPosted 12/24/2011 9:26:18 AM
soulabc posted...
LuckNotDoWithIt posted...
"source for this?"

http://www.ps3trophies.org/news/news-4029-E3-2011--Kitase-and-Toriyama-Give-Us-The-Lowdown-on-Final-Fantasy-XIII-2.html
http://forum.fanfiction.net/topic/77943/35728536/1/

And Amazon, 2ch...
Lightning will be lucky if she appears in Versus.

Dude, are you a troll? That fanfiction site is filled with lightning fans, and no where in that interview did they say that people hate lightning. And look at the date of that interview, they are still marketing the game heavily on lightning at that point.

He's been doing so much damage control for SE here, that I'm surprised he's still alive from lack of sleep.

Maybe he's gettin' paid to do it. lmao
#55Some_StaticPosted 12/24/2011 9:29:51 AM
This seems so far-removed from the world of FF13.
---
Church of Noise Death Crew 1977
http://somestatic.tumblr.com/post/14685195576
#56megadeester3Posted 12/24/2011 9:30:05 AM
Your ranking says ? Block TC. Is that like another level of highness lol?
---
PSN: descendantjr
#57HitagiPosted 12/24/2011 10:14:27 AM
Thanks for taking the time to summarize all of this. Its cleared up a few things I've been wondering about.

But I still don't understand how Valhalla merges with the visible world at the end. Is there any explanation at all?
#58JL Lee(Topic Creator)Posted 12/24/2011 10:32:22 AM
Etro died, technically, thus her control over Valhalla is gone, allowing all chaos to flow into the world.
---
[Jewelled Bell] goes *Jingle, Jangle*!
Currently playing: Taiko no Tatsujin Portable DX (PSP), Idolmaster 2 (PS3), Final Fantasy 13-2 (PS3)
#59HitagiPosted 12/24/2011 10:49:42 AM
Oh, right. For some reason that part didn't click when I read your initial post.

So basically Etro is completely irresponsible and all of this could have been avoided if she didn't give her heart to some random guy. Still, it makes me wonder, why did it take so long for Caius to stab himself? He didn't need to battle Lightning as he basically had an instant win card up his sleeve the entire time. Unless he didn't know that he would be revived? I don't know, this part of the plot seems pretty messy to me.
#60TeddieSagePosted 12/24/2011 11:00:29 AM
Hitagi posted...
Still, it makes me wonder, why did it take so long for Caius to stab himself? He didn't need to battle Lightning as he basically had an instant win card up his sleeve the entire time. Unless he didn't know that he would be revived? I don't know, this part of the plot seems pretty messy to me.

Just bad writing, I take it. It kinda feels like this time loop make the whole FF13-2 experience pointless, since all Caius does is stabbing himself in the heart over and over again, no matter what you do. Noel and Serah are stuck in a time loop and there's nothing we can do right now but wait for FF13-2's expansion or sequel...