Final Fantasy XIII-2, the entire story (Spoilers from start to finish)

#71belts24Posted 12/24/2011 12:03:22 PM
God damn it Toriyama, I hate you! T3B, XIII, and now this... The guy can't write a story that makes any sense whatsoever to save his life... -__-
---
www.youtube.com/saviorpants - my youtube channel
#72Kunai_ClimbPosted 12/24/2011 12:11:16 PM
Story sounds pretty good, actually.

Not all that happy over the ending and what they may or may not do to rectify it, but aside from that, it doesn't at all sound like a bad story.

Heck, anything that avoids terms like "lifestream", "materia", "the Planet" or "mako" is fine by me.
#73Devilman_AmonPosted 12/24/2011 12:12:38 PM
http://xi-feng.livejournal.com/195233.html
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#74DoppelswaggerPosted 12/24/2011 12:23:17 PM
Doppelswagger was right, once again!

Shame about the story though.This is about as far removed from its predecessor as it can get. :/
---
Is more exited for the South Park RPG than a new Final Fantasy game. :/
Official Swagger of any Board
#75HippieforLightPosted 12/24/2011 12:30:03 PM

JL Lee posted...
Metaun posted...
Info on Alyssa? And why Snow pops up in a paradox ending?

And maybe how Vanille ended in Oerba in one ending?

And finally, why is Lightning in stone?

Otherwise flawless job so far.

Paradox endings are just "What if?" endings, much like Chrono Trigger's alternate endings. They shouldn't be counted in as per the real story, so don't read too much into those.

Lightning is not in stone. She's been crystalised after her defeat, so she's still there. Problem is, there's no more goddess to revive her how. So we have no idea how it'll pan out, if S-E decides to conclude the series (guess they have to, like it or not)

Also, do realise that although Lightning isn't FEATURED as a playable character for the rest of the game, she, like Yuel, is still a focal point. Just as the original journey was to save Serah, Serah's journey was to meet her sister again. Lightning narrates more than half the story, she slowly guides Serah on the path to saving the world.

That, IMO, makes her just as important. Just that she can no longer physically intervene in the real world because she is already non-existant as an Avatar of Etro and has her own war to fight.

This is made rather plainly clear in the side-story involving the Blitz Team at Vile Peaks.

Meniph posted...
Thanks a lot for the summary TC but holy hell that's confusing

BTW, who's fal'Cie Adam? The one that looks like Anima?

And do you know what exactly is Atlas supposed to be?

He's an artificial Fal'cie created by Hope initially in the idea of an all-seeing manager of the people on the ground, not unlike Orphan.

Atlas...I'll have to check it up again. Forgot about it after episode 2 :P

And guys, let's not argue about Lightning here. The focus of this topic is THIS story, about the time travelling (which has been concluded) and how it might affect the next game.

We also know (via the post-game letters from Serah and Noel to each other at AF700) that Noel is still alive and kicking, while Serah's soul is floating around, not knowing where she is, but happy that she managed to change the world.

Having watched the Secret Ending, it only reaffirms that it was all JUST AS PLANNED from Caius' point of view, that the intention to change the world would bring about the chance for him to remove the Goddess from meddling in his plans, but the question is, how did he survive?
---

About Lightning:  To each his own.

I once again have to ask:  If Lightning is "killed" by Caius via the meteor summon at the end of the 15 minute intro... who the hell was it that showed up infront of Serah and Noel to explain what happened to her?  Also, why did Lightning crystalize if she lost and was "killed"?  She didn't complete a "focus" and Etro is completely dead now...

On top of this... if the Intro takes place at the end of the timeline, then the entire story should never happened due to the events of AF500.  From what I have read from translations... Serah and Noel make it quite clear that by changing the future, you change the past.  We have seen this in effect with Snow (who disappears into thin air because he was part of a paradox) and Hope (who is constantly having the timeline changed around him).  How is it that rewritting 200 years of the future and permanently trapping Lightning in crystal when she wasn't before DOES NOT MASSIVELY **** UP the timeline?  It's only because Lightning is not crystallized that she is able to send Noel back in time...  she can no longer do so anymore.  Because of this, Noel could never have been sent back in time... meaning that Serah would never have set out to find Lightning... which means that the paradoxes in time wouldn't have been fixed... etc.  Is it that only SPECIFIC events affect the past and the future?  What rules have they established for time travel?  Do all points in time happen simultaneously (as suggested by Lightning with, "you can see everything from Valhalla")?  If so, then my point about how Lightning being crystallized too early poses a problem since she would no longer be able to perform this action. 

Hell, the better question is... if Lightning and Caius' battle takes place an undetermined amount of time after AF500, how is it that she is defeated during AF 500 when she was defeated after this time period?  The fact that she was defeated and encased in crystal during the intro means that:

""Serah... you set out on your journey just as I asked. Without being able to verify anything, without one piece of evidence about the future... you believed in us. I, too, will continue my battle here."

Makes absolutely no sense... seeing as how she's already been defeated.  In fact... Who Is She Narrating Too?  Herself?  Etro?  She constantly talks to Serah as if she can hear her.  Can Serah hear her?  Better question... How Is She Able To Narrate?  Is her crystallization along the lines of Serah's and Fang/Vanille's?  Is there a difference between being crystallized due to completing a focus as a L'cie, being defeated/killed in battle, crystallized prematurely, or being crystallized due to meddling from dieties?

Serah's soul is still floating around?  So she is, in fact, dead?

#76HippieforLightPosted 12/24/2011 12:31:12 PM

belts24 posted...
God damn it Toriyama, I hate you! T3B, XIII, and now this... The guy can't write a story that makes any sense whatsoever to save his life... -__-
---
www.youtube.com/saviorpants - my youtube channel

Watanabe wrote this... and at least XIII-2's plot doesn't rely on a Deus Ex Machina to procure an ending.

#77Devilman_AmonPosted 12/24/2011 12:37:56 PM
Serah's soul is still floating around? So she is, in fact, dead?

My estimation is that she has become just like Yuel. To be reborn again. but can't since time has ceased in that Valhalla world. so yes.....dead.
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#78HippieforLightPosted 12/24/2011 12:50:25 PM

Devilman_Amon posted...
Serah's soul is still floating around? So she is, in fact, dead?

My estimation is that she has become just like Yuel. To be reborn again. but can't since time has ceased in that Valhalla world. so yes.....dead.
---
(__/)
(='.'=)

That begs another question... How Did She Write A Letter To Noel?

#79Devilman_AmonPosted 12/24/2011 12:54:07 PM
That I dunno I only found that out by reading this thread ( i have not finished reading the livejournal yet). Maybe she knew she was going to die eventually like Yuel?
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#80Lelouch71Posted 12/24/2011 1:06:20 PM
belts24 posted...

As mention already Toriyama didn't write this. Wanatabe did it. That's aside the story is pretty easy to understand based on what the TC said. If you want something more confusing then play Xenogears. It took me a minute to understand everything.
---
"Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."