Final Fantasy XIII-2, the entire story (Spoilers from start to finish)

#81Devilman_AmonPosted 12/24/2011 1:08:53 PM
Lelouch71 posted...
belts24 posted...
God damn it Toriyama, I hate you! T3B, XIII, and now this... The guy can't write a story that makes any sense whatsoever to save his life... -__-

As mention already Toriyama didn't write this. Wanatabe did it. That's aside the story is pretty easy to understand based on what the TC said. If you want something more confusing then play Xenogears. It took me a minute to understand everything.

But Toriyama is known to be a control freak and for all we know he very well could have intervened like Michael Bay usually does.
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#82HippieforLightPosted 12/24/2011 1:10:58 PM

Lelouch71 posted...
belts24 posted...
God damn it Toriyama, I hate you! T3B, XIII, and now this... The guy can't write a story that makes any sense whatsoever to save his life... -__-

As mention already Toriyama didn't write this. Wanatabe did it. That's aside the story is pretty easy to understand based on what the TC said. If you want something more confusing then play Xenogears. It took me a minute to understand everything.
---
"Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."

Yeah... this plot is rather easy to follow.  Convoluted, no doubt... but no so much so that it becomes hard to follow.  I get the feeling that I'm coming up with so many questions because I'm over thinking the plot... I honestly don't think Watanabe put THAT much thought into the time travel aspect of the plot, which is why certain things seem a bit contradictory.

#83mikey152Posted 12/24/2011 1:12:08 PM
MagiusNecros posted...
I want to know how Caius lived if he killed off his life support.

My guess? He was working for/with Pulse...may have even been a pulse lcie.
#84Devilman_AmonPosted 12/24/2011 1:13:36 PM
Time travel is always tricky. Dragon Ball made it easy with Future Trunks story because they used the idea of parallel time lines instead of just one time line.
I liked Steins;Gate though....
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#85HippieforLightPosted 12/24/2011 1:18:16 PM

Devilman_Amon posted...
Lelouch71 posted...
belts24 posted...

But Toriyama is known to be a control freak and for all we know he very well could have intervened like Michael Bay usually does.
---
(__/)
(='.'=)

But Kitase has the final say so as producer (which is why we have Noel and Serah rather than just Serah... Kitase, "suggested" to Toriyama that he add Noel).

#86Devilman_AmonPosted 12/24/2011 1:20:28 PM
Thats fine, Still doesnt discount the fact he gave Toriyama free reign on this game and left the project to help Nomura on Versus
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#87EntrydeniedPosted 12/24/2011 1:39:30 PM(edited)
The explanation for the whole Lightning intro part could be like this. (need to read through fragments to confirm but this is my speculation/understanding)

Valhalla has no concept of time or a different flow of time. From there one sees everything that is happening in the Seen World. Lightning at every point in the history of Valhalla sees everything (she says this somewhere in the game, that's why she knows who Noel is because she has seen)

When Noel falls through time and enters Valhalla, he entered at the time where Lightning fights Cauis at the end of the game. In terms of Valhalla time, this is right before Serah+Noel drops into Valhalla.

The Lightning that Serah and Noel meets are from an earlier point in time (in terms of Valhalla Time). That Lightning hasn't seen Noel fall into Valhalla yet because he hasn't in terms of Valhalla time.

You have to know that Valhalla and the Seen World do not flow forward in time together. It's really two worlds that are out of sync with each other.

(I'll try to make a more coherent timeline thing to make more sense when I'm more awake. It's not a very difficult concept to grasp really)
#88EntrydeniedPosted 12/24/2011 1:37:04 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#89kimyman2Posted 12/24/2011 4:24:32 PM
Devilman_Amon posted...
Lelouch71 posted...
belts24 posted...

Really?

I didn't know that.

No sarcasm intended, I actually did not know that Toriyama was a control freak. :|
---
Prompto + Ignis + Noctis + Gladiolus + AND + Stella = PINGAS
#90JL Lee(Topic Creator)Posted 12/24/2011 4:27:00 PM
Basically, Lightning in Valhalla is beyond the concept of "time". She being defeated at the start of the game is due to Caius interfering and going back to the time where the war first started (aka when she first fell into Valhalla) .

However, this also means that she had been around Valhalla for long enough prior to Caius' interference and sent Noel to save Serah, to split the Blitz Team up to protect Vile Peaks across two different timezones, to speak to Serah in a spiritual form.

Her aiding Serah and Noel in the final battle may just be symbolic of her being around to give a helping hand instead of a physical body because by the time Noel and Serah enter Valhalla she had been defeated by Caius.

It's kind of hard to explain given the fact that Valhalla is timeless, but when you think it over your head it'll make sense.

Simple version: Lightning had been across all time and space at least once, before she is defeated right when she entered Valhalla.
---
[Jewelled Bell] goes *Jingle, Jangle*!
Currently playing: Taiko no Tatsujin Portable DX (PSP), Idolmaster 2 (PS3), Final Fantasy 13-2 (PS3)