Final Fantasy XIII-2, the entire story (Spoilers from start to finish)

#91hyro56Posted 12/24/2011 7:00:36 PM
Thanks for the summary. The game's plot makes a lot more sense now.
---
Black FC: 5200 - 4414 - 7173
LF: Pokes from Gen IV and before.
#92HushfallPosted 12/24/2011 7:06:07 PM
I suppose it'll make more sense when I'm playing the game and taking it piece by piece as opposed to trying to swallow it all in one big chunk. But I probably only understood about half of what you posted, TC.

Genuine thanks for the effort, though. I can imagine myself coming back to this after finishing the game to clear things up.
---
That man is drier than Kunta Kinte's ankles.
#93panforisPosted 12/24/2011 7:32:39 PM
that was a nice summary. and as for Lightning as long as they tell if she lives or dies and a basic explanation of what she does after it should be ok to move on.
#94HippieforLightPosted 12/24/2011 7:44:50 PM

runedh posted...
The explanation for the whole Lightning intro part could be like this. (need to read through fragments to confirm but this is my speculation/understanding)

Valhalla has no concept of time or a different flow of time. From there one sees everything that is happening in the Seen World. Lightning at every point in the history of Valhalla sees everything (she says this somewhere in the game, that's why she knows who Noel is because she has seen)

When Noel falls through time and enters Valhalla, he entered at the time where Lightning fights Cauis at the end of the game. In terms of Valhalla time, this is right before Serah+Noel drops into Valhalla.

The Lightning that Serah and Noel meets are from an earlier point in time (in terms of Valhalla Time). That Lightning hasn't seen Noel fall into Valhalla yet because he hasn't in terms of Valhalla time.

You have to know that Valhalla and the Seen World do not flow forward in time together. It's really two worlds that are out of sync with each other.

(I'll try to make a more coherent timeline thing to make more sense when I'm more awake. It's not a very difficult concept to grasp really)

No, that clears it up, thanks (I know maybe 20 words of Japanese... so I've been going based off of what translators have said and what little else I can find).

#95HippieforLightPosted 12/24/2011 7:46:05 PM

kimyman2 posted...
Devilman_Amon posted...
Lelouch71 posted...
belts24 posted...
God damn it Toriyama, I hate you! T3B, XIII, and now this... The guy can't write a story that makes any sense whatsoever to save his life... -__-

As mention already Toriyama didn't write this. Wanatabe did it. That's aside the story is pretty easy to understand based on what the TC said. If you want something more confusing then play Xenogears. It took me a minute to understand everything.

But Toriyama is known to be a control freak and for all we know he very well could have intervened like Michael Bay usually does.

Really?

I didn't know that.

No sarcasm intended, I actually did not know that Toriyama was a control freak. :|
---
Prompto + Ignis + Noctis + Gladiolus + AND + Stella = PINGAS

He made Watanabe rewrite a single scene eight times because it just wasn't exactly how he wanted it.

#96MagnaderAlphaPosted 12/24/2011 9:06:12 PM
Okay, a question. If Caius is seemingly thousands of years old, and has been the guardian of the Yuels for thus long, do they say what he was doing during the events of FFXIII. If he is 1000 years old by 700 AF, he would have to have been SOMEWHERE during the events of FFXIII. So would Yuel(a Yuel). Do they ever explain anything about this?
#97hyro56Posted 12/24/2011 10:25:14 PM
I thought Etro's purpose was to preserve the balance of Chaos. Not the flow of time.
---
Black FC: 5200 - 4414 - 7173
LF: Pokes from Gen IV and before.
#98EntrydeniedPosted 12/25/2011 2:25:58 PM
MagnaderAlpha posted...
Okay, a question. If Caius is seemingly thousands of years old, and has been the guardian of the Yuels for thus long, do they say what he was doing during the events of FFXIII. If he is 1000 years old by 700 AF, he would have to have been SOMEWHERE during the events of FFXIII. So would Yuel(a Yuel). Do they ever explain anything about this?

Yuel dies after a certain amount of "looking into the future" (sometimes once). And then gets reborn again every hundred years or something like that.
#99GigantLuffyPosted 12/25/2011 2:35:07 PM
HippieforLight posted...
He made Watanabe rewrite a single scene eight times because it just wasn't exactly how he wanted it.

Really? Then the man kinda deserves the bashing from fans. If people don't like his work then he should've just left Watanabe alone...
---
(UN)Official ARK of the Type-0 Boards
All I have is ARK and MY FRIENDS.
#100Devilman_AmonPosted 12/25/2011 2:36:55 PM
^^ OK so maybe she skipped that event but that doesn't explain Caius
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)