Chocobo Racing (possible slight spoilers)

#1butterbeancdPosted 2/1/2012 7:15:53 PM
I just got to Serendipity and want to start Chocobo racing, but I'm wondering how I can improve my chocobo's stats. All I have right now is a yellow one, but I leveled him up into the 20s and the only thing that improved was his RP. His speed and stamina are still rated really low. So how high do you have to get your chocobo before his stats improve?
---
"I will stab him in the FOREHEAD with my FINGERNAIL. Divine retribution!" -Egbert Aethelbald
#2TheGaijinPosted 2/1/2012 7:17:28 PM
butterbeancd posted...
I just got to Serendipity and want to start Chocobo racing, but I'm wondering how I can improve my chocobo's stats. All I have right now is a yellow one, but I leveled him up into the 20s and the only thing that improved was his RP. His speed and stamina are still rated really low. So how high do you have to get your chocobo before his stats improve?

chocobo stats in race are based on their real stats
so no need to start races until you got a fully maxed silver or gold chocobo
---
Platinium FFXIII-2, now playing Tales of Xillia. PSN: Mrlarek
#3chaosmakoPosted 2/1/2012 7:18:42 PM
remember when there was a way to have a max boost the whole race through?
---
zero cant be the progenitor of all mavericks, because sigma was a maverick hunter before zero woke up.
#4geministarPosted 2/1/2012 7:19:16 PM
Imo.. go straight for white chocobo. no need to waste time on gold.
silver is good though both as a tank and a racer. so if you cant wait for white.. go silver
---
Playstation Network ID: Mikonou - Wii no. : 1396-9634-6023-0694
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy 13-2 (PS3), Uncharted (Vita), Gundam vs Extreme (PS3)
#5butterbeancd(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2012 7:31:36 PM

Haha, yep. I was kinda hoping something like that was still possible. I really wanted the lower race levels to be beatable early so I could get some coins. But I guess I'll wait for some of the other colors. On a side note, what battle stats are their race stats tied to? I assume stamina is HP, but does speed coincide with strength? So does that make a magic-based chocobo like the green worthless in a race?
---
"I will stab him in the FOREHEAD with my FINGERNAIL. Divine retribution!" -Egbert Aethelbald
#6TheGaijinPosted 2/1/2012 7:35:42 PM
butterbeancd posted...

Haha, yep. I was kinda hoping something like that was still possible. I really wanted the lower race levels to be beatable early so I could get some coins. But I guess I'll wait for some of the other colors. On a side note, what battle stats are their race stats tied to? I assume stamina is HP, but does speed coincide with strength? So does that make a magic-based chocobo like the green worthless in a race?

If I am not mistaking (sorry if wrong)
attack is speed
magic is stamina
HP is the number of race you can make before you have to withdraw your chocobo

I cleared the chocobo fragment with maxed silver chocobo
---
Platinium FFXIII-2, now playing Tales of Xillia. PSN: Mrlarek
#7nedrithPosted 2/1/2012 10:42:53 PM
actually it is possible to beat some races early on for some coins. I've been making 800-1600 coins every 2-4 races with my green chocobo at level 30ish just doing the initial cocoon level, usually the first of the 2 special races betting 100 coins each time with a 7.0-8.0 odds. Just get a initial sprint at the beginning relax until haste comes, burn the boost gauge. and burn the boost gauge one last time near the finish line.

anyways it's a decent mini-game though I was hoping it was more like FFVII.....chocobo races there kept me busy.
#8butterbeancd(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2012 1:35:13 PM
anyways it's a decent mini-game though I was hoping it was more like FFVII.....chocobo races there kept me busy.

Yeah, I agree. I was really hoping it would be more like FF7's system where you had full control of your chocobo for the entire race, not just occasionally hitting X for a speed burst. It reminds me of what they did to blitzball in FFX-2, taking away full control in favor of a system that was largely automated and much more boring.
---
#9skeithxthPosted 2/2/2012 1:42:30 PM
The Piggyback guide says that the Silver Chocobo is the best racer of all. Which is odd, really. I'd expect the Gold Chocobo to be best...weird.
---
Yo Sephiroth, I'm really happy for you, and imma let you finish but Kefka Palazzo is the best Final Fantasy villain of all time.