Giant Cactuar. Side quest

#1FishermanFriendPosted 2/4/2012 12:44:55 PM
Ok so I'm doing the monster side quest where you gotta kill everything in the game. My bestiary doesn't have a giant cactuar in it, and the guide I have says it's in Archylte Steppe but when I got to the section for that zone it doesn't list it as one of the enemies in the zone.

Does anyone know where it spawns and what weather it needs to be? Thanks
#2kamikaze135Posted 2/4/2012 12:45:46 PM
You have to interact with the green cactuar statues.
---
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden
#3Godly_GoofPosted 2/4/2012 12:46:44 PM
not sure the weather but it only spawns by interacting with the green cactuar statue, there is 1 in the main area and 2 in the area that you have to warp over with using the gold cactuar statue. All need different weather conditions tmk
---
"The only people who fear darkness are those who are still standing in the light"
#4FishermanFriend(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2012 12:48:09 PM
Ya I've done those. Those are for the Gigantuar side quest isn't it? I have that in my bestiary. The guide I have has a Giant Cactuar listed which seems to be different.
#5kamikaze135Posted 2/4/2012 12:50:16 PM(edited)
Quest? It's part of the main quest for that area, yeah, but that's the only way I've gotten the giant cactuars to appear. I think there are 3 of them. Got lucky enough to tame the first one =x

Unless you mean the giant silver one....
---
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden
#6clydekimhomePosted 2/4/2012 12:50:50 PM
You always get a crystal from them, Kamikaze
---
PSN- Jdudley15479
Currently playing: Dead Island, UC3, Vanquish
#7FishermanFriend(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2012 12:54:53 PM
kamikaze135 posted...
Quest? It's part of the main quest for that area, yeah, but that's the only way I've gotten the giant cactuars to appear. I think there are 3 of them. Got lucky enough to tame the first one =x

Unless you mean the giant silver one....

No i mean the big green one. But I think you're confused. The 3 cactuar stones spawn GIGANTUARS. That's their name. I'm talking about an enemy called Giant Cactuar. My guide is showing two entries for a Gigantuar which is from the 3 stones and an entry from a giant cactuar, but I can't find the latter anywhere.