Metallicactuar, anyone catch him yet?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII-2
  3. Metallicactuar, anyone catch him yet?
4 years ago#1
Ran across him once so far in Dying World 700AF, i was trying to get off a feral link but he got away. Anyone capture him yet, and is he worth the trouble?
4 years ago#2
Working on clock stopper in dying world, I've killedhim 3-4 times but no capture. Highly recommend chichi for killing him, he eats straight through that armor.
---
Pokemon White friend code: 4470 0286 9399
4 years ago#3
Hmm nice, so I guess he isn't THAT rare, I ran across him in "The dead sands" section of the map I believe, have you noticed a particular spot he spawns in more frequently?
4 years ago#4
Run across him a LOT. He also shows up in New Bodhum's other version. Never managed to catch yet.
4 years ago#5
I fought him 3 or 4 times on the southwestern part of the map (the area where Chocolina is). Caught him first try. He doesn't seem like a very worthwhile addition to my team. Maybe I'm not understanding why that is.
---
Playing FFXIII-2 and loving it!
Proud member of team Toriyama!
4 years ago#6
Oh forgot to mention clock stopper, if you get the preemptive, hit the monster then retry the battle and you should be able to easily get the pre-emptive again, keep repeating to get clock stopper way faster than having to finish each individual fight. If you don't mind cutting corners a little;) I got like my last 20 fights on clock stopper like this.
4 years ago#7
JoloStuki posted...
I fought him 3 or 4 times on the southwestern part of the map (the area where Chocolina is). Caught him first try. He doesn't seem like a very worthwhile addition to my team. Maybe I'm not understanding why that is.
---
Playing FFXIII-2 and loving it!
Proud member of team Toriyama!

Ah ok, well thats all I needed to know, if he doesn't have any special abilities its not worth searching him out
4 years ago#8
AK47AZ posted...
Oh forgot to mention clock stopper, if you get the preemptive, hit the monster then retry the battle and you should be able to easily get the pre-emptive again, keep repeating to get clock stopper way faster than having to finish each individual fight. If you don't mind cutting corners a little;) I got like my last 20 fights on clock stopper like this.

That works? Damnit lol wish I knew that an hour ago
---
Pokemon White friend code: 4470 0286 9399
4 years ago#9
Got him on my frist try but didn't use him yet. Same with the giant cactuar, found them both in the same place too. Don't know the name of the place, but its were you help the huters get wool from the sheep. You need the grav. Jump to get to were they are.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII-2
  3. Metallicactuar, anyone catch him yet?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived