POWER CRYSTAL FARMING - Mobilns - Sunny - Stonemarsh or Plains or Pond?

#1TrueHItokPosted 2/9/2012 12:41:40 PM
Pretty much all in the topic.

I'm farming Power Crystals for my Chichu... I see that Moblins are pretty much the best thing to farm here for them (I have battlemania enabled as well as two upgraded collector catalogues).

My question is:
Is it better to farm for these guys in the Plains of Etenity, Stone area or West in the water area?
#2Paradox421Posted 2/9/2012 12:43:15 PM
Just northwest of the yellow cactuar statue, there's a chest you throw mog to. Run around that area and Moblins are pretty much the only things that spawn.
---
I think I know, I don't think I know. I don't think I know that I know.
I think I know even though I don't think I know. I don't think I think.
#3RuneMaster no2Posted 2/9/2012 12:43:48 PM
There's not a lot of topics on this, but I've read plains of eternity.
---
"So watching Xenosaga is horrible, but watching Fei sit his ass around in a chair and tell stories all Disc 2 is okay?" - DivineDragoonKain
#4Vic10Posted 2/9/2012 12:44:35 PM
Doesn't matter, it's a 3% drop rate. Just do it where you think you get more encounters. I see people saying they get like 8/10 in the marshes, while others get 8/10 in grave ridge.
---
Gamertag: THKVL
#5TrueHItok(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2012 12:52:18 PM
CONFIRMING what Paradox421 said.

The spawn rate is WAY higher around this yellow cactaur statue. I can say this from experience having switched to this area after farming the marsh-area for 2 hours. Instead of a 30-40% I'm getting a 80% spawn rate.
#6MCantrellPosted 2/9/2012 4:38:00 PM
You mean the statue that teleports you to the marsh?
#7MarejkoPosted 2/10/2012 2:29:23 AM
Dont know how you get 80% spawnrate of Moblins around the yellow cactuar stone. I was running there for over 1 hour and encountered a handful of moblins. And the direction "northwest where you throw mog" ... NW of the yellow stone i dont see any treasureboxes to throw mog to. Maybe the one over the chasm to the marsh ? But spawnrate in that area was awful too. *sigh*
#8Paradox421Posted 2/10/2012 2:31:08 AM

NW of the yellow stone i dont see any treasureboxes to throw mog to

Yeah, I had my directions off. I was going off what someone else said. Go to the far south up on that hill that leads to the chest, and its about an 80% spawn rate there
---
I think I know, I don't think I know. I don't think I know that I know.
I think I know even though I don't think I know. I don't think I think.
#9Vercinget0rixPosted 2/10/2012 10:02:11 AM
I managed to get a very high rate of Moblin spawns in that area. Slightly north of the yellow Cactuar stone there is a bridge over one of the big trenches in the ground. Running along that bridge I encountered Moblins probably 8/9 out of 10 encounters.

One thing to watch out for is when you start the battle it will automatically target the Major Moblin. You want to save him until last. If you kill him first, one of the Moblins will turn into a Major Moblin. If you kill the three Moblins first you have a chance of getting up to 9 crystals per battle (although that's extremely unlikely).
#10TrueHItok(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2012 2:15:09 PM
I would definitely advise only starting this once you have the Battlemania fragment skill. Without that, you won't be getting the 80%~ish spawn rate.