Whats more challenging? FF13, FF13-2 or FFX

#1derka-derkaPosted 2/11/2012 3:12:12 AM
FF13 Long Guis, FF13-2 Raspitl or FFX Dark Aeons

I spent well over 130hours on FFX to defeat all dark aeons without Yojimbo's zanmato...Dark Anima definetly made the challenge for me
#2Hikaru_IrvingPosted 2/11/2012 3:13:07 AM
Dark aeon.
---
The Timelord won this duel. I am pleased.~KMA
#3RomangeloPosted 2/11/2012 3:13:32 AM
FFX International.
#4ViolentNoctisPosted 2/11/2012 3:14:44 AM
Dark aeons without a doubt. Bahamut and Anima crushed me.
#5crimson-falconPosted 2/11/2012 3:15:04 AM
i saw dark aeons quite easy with great strategy

unlike raspatil that requires to be speedy and nearly ignore your SOS status if he called his minions
---
WKC1 Crimson GR15: SS wielder PSN ID: Crimson-Falcon
WKC2 Spearya GR30: bow,axe & Mage
#6TrueHItokPosted 2/11/2012 3:20:02 AM
FF13-2: EASIEST
I randomly fought Raspital before being all buffed out and maxed with my chichu etc, it was a long fight but it wasn't too hard. With a maxed out party I'd argue that Yomi is tougher in most occasions.

FF13: MIDDLE / CONTENDER / MAYBE HARDEST
I remember Long Gui's were pretty damn tough before you knew exactly how they worked.
The tougher battles were in the last couple of monster hunts; those were much tougher than Long Gui's.

FFX: ?? MAYBE HARDEST
I remember slaving over a 150hr game (I didn't own international version), and the fights were still tedious. BUT, I think by default the game is easier than FF13 because it's a turn based system where you have forever to plan out your moves. FF13 involves some reactionary thinking and on the spot paradigm swaps at least.
#7ViolentNoctisPosted 2/11/2012 3:24:11 AM
TrueHItok posted...
FF13-2: EASIEST
I randomly fought Raspital before being all buffed out and maxed with my chichu etc, it was a long fight but it wasn't too hard. With a maxed out party I'd argue that Yomi is tougher in most occasions.

FF13: MIDDLE / CONTENDER / MAYBE HARDEST
I remember Long Gui's were pretty damn tough before you knew exactly how they worked.
The tougher battles were in the last couple of monster hunts; those were much tougher than Long Gui's.

FFX: ?? MAYBE HARDEST
I remember slaving over a 150hr game (I didn't own international version), and the fights were still tedious. BUT, I think by default the game is easier than FF13 because it's a turn based system where you have forever to plan out your moves. FF13 involves some reactionary thinking and on the spot paradigm swaps at least.

I totally agree, I wish 13-2 had more overpowered bosses. I mean if I'm not mistaken one of the hunts in 13 had 15 million + hp.
#8crimson-falconPosted 2/11/2012 3:29:48 AM(edited)
i believe you will change your mind when facing Yiazmat super boss in FFXII

HP 50.000.000

a fight that takes 6 hours at least when you are at max with strongest weapons
---
WKC1 Crimson GR15: SS wielder PSN ID: Crimson-Falcon
WKC2 Spearya GR30: bow,axe & Mage
#9SorarcanaPosted 2/11/2012 3:39:09 AM
Yazmat is not hard.... long fight is different than difficult, he have almost no abilities to wipe out your entire party... and even if you mess up and he does you have a backup party
The only difficulty in Yazmat.... is trying to make the battle shorter :P

If HP were really the thing that matters, you could say that FF5 Omega and FF9 Ozma are just wimp... and they are not ^^ If unlucky they can defeat you in 2-3 attacks

I didn't find dark aeons very hard.... I mean you basically have to answer yes to the following :
Strenght and Agility over 140 ?
Ultimate Weapon ?
Auto-Phenix armor ?
Break HP limit OR 255 defense ?
and you are set

well, Dark Bahamut, Dark Anima and Three Magus are a different stories but I still find FF13 to be the hardest in the series (I didn't played online FF and the psx FF tactics)
#10TrueHItokPosted 2/11/2012 3:39:59 AM
I kinda wish I got into the endgame material with FFXII. I played that game around the same time I was really getting into WoW, so I kinda just shoved it to the side after rushing through the main story and most of the monster hunts.

I never really got into the story of that game, I think it's my least favorite in the series.

But I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy the gameplay. Something about the gambits was really special to me. It was fun to go into a fight, lose, and then go back to the drawing board and try to figure out how to come out on top.

Oh wells