POLL: Orphan's Cradle or the 'Chaotic Labyrinth' ? *SPOILERS*

#1Solid_PWPosted 2/26/2012 7:49:31 AM
'Chaotic Labyrinth' is obviously Academia 500 AF.

Last time, Space Pope and Purple Guy battled it out with a currently unknown victor (I'm too lazy to count) but the show must go on ! Continuing the XIII versus XIII-2 theme, we'll be having a contest between final dungeons.

First, we have the pink happy Orphan's Cradle ! An alternate dimension created by the fal'Cie Eden, made specifically to house Orphan, the power generator for Eden which in turn is the power generator for every Cocoon fal'Cies. Designed as a maze to keep intruders away, it involves frequently moving floating platforms to confuse the protagonists and there is a myriad of monsters, ranging from dysfunctional machines, to samurai Cieths to yaks. Successfully navigating the maze leads to you to the Narthex, the penultimate area before the final boss(es) which distinguishes itself as a white room with windows and some comfortable looking chairs. Looking outside the windows will reveal that the Narthex is floating in the sky.

Next we have the 'Chaotic Labyrinth', also known as Academia 500 AF. What used to be a grand industrial city is now one whole cluster**** of floating platforms yet again, Cactuar statues and cubes. This is the result of some of the Chaos of Valhalla which leaked into the Visible World, warping and twisting everything it can. In contrast to the pink colour we faced in Orphan's Cradle, the theme colour for this dungeon is orange, with the buildings being orange, the platforms being orange and almost everything looks orange. House to some of the most dangerous monsters in the game, such as the Proto-Behemoth and Xolotl, this place is notorious for having exceptionally high spawn rates.

Voting time.

Orphan's Cradle - 1
Academia 500 AF - 0

I don't feel like stating my reason. It's pink.
---
"IS DERE SOMEBODY DERE." - The many guards of MGS2
#2madapocketPosted 2/26/2012 7:55:14 AM
Orphan's Cradle, definitely.

Academia 500 AF, worst level in the entire game. It's boring, and what the hell is the point? The city is falling apart because of Chaos... meh.
---
Serah; the most useless character in FFXIII-2
Hope; mortal god
#3penginerpwngPosted 2/26/2012 7:56:07 AM
Orphan's Cradle. I freaking hate Academia
---
Please visit my dragons!
http://saffrie.dragonadopters.com/dragonanimated_687921.gif http://saffrie.dragonadopters.com/dragonanimated_700177.gif
#4VegnarusPosted 2/26/2012 7:57:58 AM

Orphan's Cradle definitely. Academia 500AF is just annoying.

#5Mihael-KeehlPosted 2/26/2012 7:58:29 AM

As a level i much prefer Academia 500. It was awesome and i wish the game had more platforming segments. The sirens playing at the background and Chocolina's final goodbye was very atmospheric.  The orphan's craddle was pretty but the actua level design was a bit too linear and with no real puzzles. 

As for the themes i enjoy them both equally. 

#6orangeneePosted 2/26/2012 8:01:10 AM
Platforming in games that aren't platformers is the work of pure evil.

Orphan's Cradle was the site of the longest 'random' battles on earth.

I despise them both, but Orphan's Cradle had no platforming. Orphan's Cradle wins for me.
---
Official Official of the Official board!!!
GT/PSN:Hellsteeth30
#7Mihael-KeehlPosted 2/26/2012 8:03:26 AM

orangenee posted...
Platforming in games that aren't platformers is the work of pure evil.

Its not that complicated. You wait, and you jump. Its not like Academia had the level design of SM world or something ^^ 

#8Zeronic007Posted 2/26/2012 8:07:14 AM
Academia, although the cradle came close. I like the music of Academia more + it looks better imo. The enemies are optional instead of the forced fight in cradle. I dislike the puzzle though. Navigating that place for 100% map completion is a pain. Also, behemoth there SUCKS!
#9Nova_ScarPosted 2/26/2012 8:09:21 AM
Chaotic Labyrinth, but I thought they both were kind of lame and disappointing "final dungeons." The "platforming" of Chaotic Labyrinth is the only reason I'm picking it ahead of Orphan's Cradle.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your signature.
Not changing this signature until Final Fantasy Type-0 is released in NA.
#10ayalorenPosted 2/26/2012 8:09:33 AM
Orphan's Cradle.