Stats on DLC weapons?

#1BDCKAINPosted 3/6/2012 8:40:59 AM
Just wanting to know the stats on the dlc weps. are they better than the 50% ATP weps? i would hate to spend money on them and not use them.
---
PSN KainBDC
I know enough to be happy and im learning to let the rest go.
#2madapocketPosted 3/6/2012 8:42:21 AM
Nah, the only difference is that they are not re-skins.

Meh. I don't know, but I can't imagine they being remotely worth whatever they cost.
---
Serah; the most useless character in FFXIII-2
Hope; mortal god
#3SlimeStackPosted 3/6/2012 8:49:58 AM
Note: each one has a base weapon that has 3 upgrades. I'm listing the final stats

Seraphic Wing: 85 str / 85 mag / Vampiric Strike: 3%
Genji Bow: 70 str / 35 mag / ATB Rate +40%
Catastrophe Blade: 35 str / 70 mag / ATB Rate +40%
Muramasa: 45 str / 80 mag / Chain Boost Lv.4

The weapons you find on the disc are stronger. But the Seraphic Bow is the only weapon that can absorb HP, so I'm considering it, since it's the only weapon that can counter perpetual poison. But eh, my characters are strong enough.
---
PSN: Slime_Stack
#4TiaelPosted 3/6/2012 8:51:50 AM
SlimeStack posted...
Note: each one has a base weapon that has 3 upgrades. I'm listing the final stats

The weapons you find on the disc are stronger. But the Seraphic Bow is the only weapon that can absorb HP, so I'm considering it, since it's the only weapon that can counter perpetual poison. But eh, my characters are strong enough.

Does Muramasa? I thought that was the only one that didn't.
---
Official Guardian Ancient Robot of the Knights of Safe Haven
Playing
: Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Final Fantasy XIII-2
#5SlimeStackPosted 3/6/2012 8:53:27 AM
Definitely has upgrades. It starts with Chain Boost Lv.1 and goes up.
---
PSN: Slime_Stack
#6madapocketPosted 3/6/2012 8:55:05 AM
SlimeStack posted...

Okay, honestly. These weapons sucks compared to the one obtainable late game. Sure, early game over powered, yay! Nah, that's not worth the 1 dollar or whatever its cost is.
---
Serah; the most useless character in FFXIII-2
Hope; mortal god
#7TiaelPosted 3/6/2012 8:56:46 AM
SlimeStack posted...
Definitely has upgrades. It starts with Chain Boost Lv.1 and goes up.

Thanks.
I'll probably get the 3 I'm missing (Muramasa, Seraphic Wing, Catastrophe Blade) to "complete" my weapon collection. (already have Genji Bow from Gamestop)
---
Official Guardian Ancient Robot of the Knights of Safe Haven
Playing
: Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Final Fantasy XIII-2
#8hukeviPosted 3/6/2012 10:06:52 AM
Ill get them all eventually just for collections purposes, but for now, I'll just save my money for the Jihl DLC
---
#94evergamingPosted 3/6/2012 10:10:37 AM
madapocket posted...
SlimeStack posted...

Okay, honestly. These weapons sucks compared to the one obtainable late game. Sure, early game over powered, yay! Nah, that's not worth the 1 dollar or whatever its cost is.

Those are the MAXIMUM LEVELS of the weapons, not the starting Levels.

Each of the weapons has to be purchased and then upgraded through Chocolina. Genji Bow has 4 Levels. The DLC version of the weapons are different from the regular In-game Craftible versions with almost exactly flipped Strength / Magic, so if you wanted to say have a Mage Noel and a Strength Serah, you'd want the Genji Bow and Catastrophe Blade instead of the versions that Chocolina can already make.
---
Personal Top 5 Final Fantasy:
IV, VI, VII, V, IX
#10JoloStukiPosted 3/6/2012 11:02:16 AM

The weapons are given to you much earlier than the more powerful alternatives, and that includes the upgrades.

The DLC version of the weapons are different from the regular In-game Craftible versions with almost exactly flipped Strength / Magic, so if you wanted to say have a Mage Noel and a Strength Serah, you'd want the Genji Bow and Catastrophe Blade instead of the versions that Chocolina can already make.

Reverse-build Serah/Noel have been made completely useless by their "Link" weapons and the accessories dropped by Amodar + Lightning.
---
"I have a time machine and own Versus 13. Ask me anything." ~ KingWigglyTuff
"What's life like in the year 3000?" - Five Pound Note