Best strategy against Jet Bahamut?

#1SonicFan754Posted 3/9/2012 8:41:25 PM
Eventually bailed out on that battle to go level up. I was stuck on that battle for like 2 hours. Anyways my Noel and Serah are level 60. What do I need to do at this point?
---
"Eradicating fanboyism would bring an end to GameFAQs."
Gamertag: Project SNK
#2JoloStukiPosted 3/9/2012 8:47:18 PM
[1] COM/COM/COM - set to Cross (X)
[2] COM/COM/COM - set to Cross (X)
[3] RAV/RAV/RAV - set to Cross (X)
[4] SEN/SEN/SEN - Normal
[5] MED/MED/SEN - Normal
[6] SAB/SAB/SEN - set to Cross (X)

One thing you should know: When you've emptied the ATB Gauge in a single Paradigm twice, you can switch to another and that automatically refills the guage.

That said:

Pick a Bahamut.
Attack in [1] for 2 rounds.
Attack in [3] for 2 rounds.

Repeat this until both Bahamuts are dead.

When the second Bahamut is about to go down, switch to [5] if needed, do a quick Paradigm Shift into [1], and as the Bahamut dies, switch to [4].

As soon as the Purple (main) Bahamut enters the screen, [6], get Deprotect and Deshell up. GET POISON ON HIM TOO - this is integral. I can't recall if Imperil works on him, but if it does, that's fantastic. All 4 debuffs on him if possible.

[3] until staggered, alternate between [1] and [2]. If you don't kill him on the first stagger, he'll go down on the second.
---
"I have a time machine and own Versus 13. Ask me anything." ~ KingWigglyTuff
"What's life like in the year 3000?" - Five Pound Note
#3tiornysPosted 3/9/2012 8:48:54 PM
Depending on how long it takes you to kill the minion dragons, you might benefit from a strategy where you weaken one, kill the other, then kill the first. The amount of time you have before Jet resummons the minions starts when you kill one.

If you have Ultima Arrow and a good synergist/buffing feral link, you want to debuff Jet, stagger him, use Ultima Arrow while buffing, and then pound on him. Deprotect/Deshell/Imperil + stagger + Ultima Arrow + Friendly Fire = I killed him before he ever used his super attack. That said, unless you're certain you can avoid the super attack, make sure to have Sen-Sen-Sen available to tank the big hit.

t~
#4JoloStukiPosted 3/9/2012 8:50:54 PM
Oh yes, tiornys is right! If you can't kill the second one quickly enough, you really have to make sure to kill them within a few seconds of each-other.

First time through, I wasn't strong enough to kill both frontline Bahamuts fast enough, and Jet would literally enter and exit in a matter of 30 seconds. I had to cycle through the boss fight 7 times.
---
"I have a time machine and own Versus 13. Ask me anything." ~ KingWigglyTuff
"What's life like in the year 3000?" - Five Pound Note
#5Sojiro_BluePosted 3/10/2012 8:05:28 AM

Pause the game when it closes up on his face.

Proceed to punch the TV repeatedly.

He is gone.

#6SonicFan754(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2012 3:30:13 PM
JoloStuki posted...
[1] COM/COM/COM - set to Cross (X)
[2] COM/COM/COM - set to Cross (X)
[3] RAV/RAV/RAV - set to Cross (X)
[4] SEN/SEN/SEN - Normal
[5] MED/MED/SEN - Normal
[6] SAB/SAB/SEN - set to Cross (X)

One thing you should know: When you've emptied the ATB Gauge in a single Paradigm twice, you can switch to another and that automatically refills the guage.

That said:

Pick a Bahamut.
Attack in [3] for 2 rounds.

Repeat this until both Bahamuts are dead.

When the second Bahamut is about to go down, switch to [5] if needed, do a quick Paradigm Shift into [1], and as the Bahamut dies, switch to [4].

As soon as the Purple (main) Bahamut enters the screen, [6], get Deprotect and Deshell up. GET POISON ON HIM TOO - this is integral. I can't recall if Imperil works on him, but if it does, that's fantastic. All 4 debuffs on him if possible.

[3] until staggered, alternate between [1] and [2]. If you don't kill him on the first stagger, he'll go down on the second.

Thanks for the strategy, bro. Worked alot better than what I was doing. But, i think i'm still underleveled. When I switch to SEN/SEN/SEN to block his curse nothing happens. I just get hit with by it anyway. And each time I stagger him he just bails and the others come back to life.
---
#7Noah_IvaldiPosted 3/10/2012 4:07:30 PM
It'd help if we know what you meant by "level 60." Characters don't just have one level, in this game. Each role has separate levels. Are you saying that you have only given them a total of 60 progressions? ._.
Also, switching to sentinels is for taking less damage, not getting fewer status ailments. SEN/SEN/SEN is for the big flares and whatnot.
Jet's status resistances:
Deprotect/Deshell/Poison/Imperil/Provoke/Debrave/Defaith (immune to all else):
60/60/70/50/70/70
Hence, Poison is helpful, but, if your luck is like mine, you may find yourself casting it for the hundredth time and saying, "**** IT!"
Imperil is really good. I suggest applying Deprotect if your monster COM is physical and Deshell if magical, but you may not find it worthwhile to apply both.

I suggest going after Garnet first. Amber is really annoying, especially if you give it a long time to work you down with its SAB-like attacks, but Garnet is like a powerful COM with Haste. Less damage is good, so Garnet really should go soon.

Bust out some spellgas against the Ebon Seeds to make sure that they don't go boom on you, unless you can take them out by casting spellgas on the Bahamuts and letting the area damage take care of the Ebon Seeds.

PoC: While Jolo is definitely right about using ATB Refresh to your advantage, its mechanics should be clarified. You get an ATB Refresh for the first Paradigm Switch in a battle, then there's a 12-second (not necessarily two ATB gauges; it just often happens to turn out similarly to that) delay before another ATB Refresh can occur.

Don't feel bad, Jolo; I am frustrated that ATB Refresh wasn't explained in-game, too. I only know that it's twelve seconds because BMS said so.

One thing that I do disagree on in Jolo's strat is the use of COMs so much. The game pretty explicitly lays things out: Use RAVs (RAV/RAV/RAV if you have a good one, like Cloudburst, or RAV/RAV/COM if you don't) to build up the chain gauge and stagger the target (so you may want two RAV paradigms, not two COM paradigms), then go COM/COM/COM and kill 'em off. If you can't do it in one round, you can retry and just stick with RAVs just a couple seconds longer. This drives up the stagger percentage so that you get a lot more out of your COMs, allowing you to deal enough damage to take 'em out.

Also, because Ultima Arrow drives up the stagger percentage so much, use it as soon as you stagger Jet. Then, go berserk for a little while with COMs (so you may want two RAV paradigms AND two COM paradigms, potentially) and use Meteor Javelin. Meteor Javelin isn't just some strong hits; they get stronger depending on how close the foe is to getting out of stagger mode. Early Ultima Arrow + late Meteor Javelin = PWNage on a stick.

. . . If you don't have Ultima Arrow and Meteor Javelin, you're probably underleveled. >_>
---
Check this if you're interested in multiplayer games or cool, cheap clothes. School help, too. Just bloody join.
http://seinvocc.escellsia.com/forum/index.php
#8PhophenomenonPosted 3/10/2012 4:15:42 PM
Take a Jet and run it into Jet Bahamut. OK now we have degraded it to Bahamut. Good job.
---
PSN: Phophenomenon
FFX, Oh I love you.
#9YahwehYahuwshuaPosted 3/10/2012 4:17:21 PM
Best strategy i've seen is sell the game,watch him defeated on youtube,and there you go you won.Not worth all that hard work.lol
#10SonicFan754(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2012 8:10:15 PM
Noah_Ivaldi posted...
It'd help if we know what you meant by "level 60." Characters don't just have one level, in this game. Each role has separate levels. Are you saying that you have only given them a total of 60 progressions? ._.
Also, switching to sentinels is for taking less damage, not getting fewer status ailments. SEN/SEN/SEN is for the big flares and whatnot.
Jet's status resistances:
Deprotect/Deshell/Poison/Imperil/Provoke/Debrave/Defaith (immune to all else):
60/60/70/50/70/70
Hence, Poison is helpful, but, if your luck is like mine, you may find yourself casting it for the hundredth time and saying, "**** IT!"
Imperil is really good. I suggest applying Deprotect if your monster COM is physical and Deshell if magical, but you may not find it worthwhile to apply both.

I suggest going after Garnet first. Amber is really annoying, especially if you give it a long time to work you down with its SAB-like attacks, but Garnet is like a powerful COM with Haste. Less damage is good, so Garnet really should go soon.

Bust out some spellgas against the Ebon Seeds to make sure that they don't go boom on you, unless you can take them out by casting spellgas on the Bahamuts and letting the area damage take care of the Ebon Seeds.

PoC: While Jolo is definitely right about using ATB Refresh to your advantage, its mechanics should be clarified. You get an ATB Refresh for the first Paradigm Switch in a battle, then there's a 12-second (not necessarily two ATB gauges; it just often happens to turn out similarly to that) delay before another ATB Refresh can occur.

Don't feel bad, Jolo; I am frustrated that ATB Refresh wasn't explained in-game, too. I only know that it's twelve seconds because BMS said so.

One thing that I do disagree on in Jolo's strat is the use of COMs so much. The game pretty explicitly lays things out: Use RAVs (RAV/RAV/RAV if you have a good one, like Cloudburst, or RAV/RAV/COM if you don't) to build up the chain gauge and stagger the target (so you may want two RAV paradigms, not two COM paradigms), then go COM/COM/COM and kill 'em off. If you can't do it in one round, you can retry and just stick with RAVs just a couple seconds longer. This drives up the stagger percentage so that you get a lot more out of your COMs, allowing you to deal enough damage to take 'em out.

Also, because Ultima Arrow drives up the stagger percentage so much, use it as soon as you stagger Jet. Then, go berserk for a little while with COMs (so you may want two RAV paradigms AND two COM paradigms, potentially) and use Meteor Javelin. Meteor Javelin isn't just some strong hits; they get stronger depending on how close the foe is to getting out of stagger mode. Early Ultima Arrow + late Meteor Javelin = PWNage on a stick.

. . . If you don't have Ultima Arrow and Meteor Javelin, you're probably underleveled. >_>

I have Meteor Javelin but not Ultima Arrow....
---