FF13-3 on PS4?

#2100Bubbles00(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2012 6:14:54 PM
Lelouch71 posted...
Rose_Mage posted...
Maaybe. Are you even interested in that game and console? :P Uh-huh.~

Yeah you should buy it for me. I'm remember that your birthday is later this month so I should be rewarded. The system is going to be what $9000? I can live without that game though. :p

With inflation, the PS8 will probably cost $9000 lol.
#22minime_senPosted 3/28/2012 6:20:37 PM
The point of making sequels for XIII is to reused whatever materials they had without making a new engine or system or recreate everything from scratch. You will never see FFXIII-3 on PS4.
#2300Bubbles00(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2012 6:53:21 PM
They could still re-use a lot of the assets. The PS3 and PS4 are still just simple computers. They can just touch up the polygons and increase the text resolution. No doubt the PS4 can still run Crystal Tools with improvements.

But honestly, even for FF13-2, they created a lot of new stuff. Not that much was re-used from FF13.

The main thing that saves them time in making a sequel is designing the story, world and characters and the general gameplay design. These things are already 1/2 done in for a sequel.

And....FF13-3 should have most stuff new anyways. Characters shouldn't be wearing the same clothes for 3 games in a row.

With Versus probably coming out end of 2012, early 2013.... FF13-3 wouldn't be well received if it came out on PS3 when the PS4 is already out showcasing games with better graphics.
#24ArmPillowPosted 3/28/2012 6:54:38 PM
oh please no. finish XIII on the PS3..
---
not sure if hot, or just drunk...
#25TheGaijinPosted 3/28/2012 7:04:20 PM
ArmPillow posted...
oh please no. finish XIII on the PS3..

don't worry they would never do a direct sequel on a new console
---
Perfect World International: Cleric - Hysterior
#26ArmPillowPosted 3/28/2012 7:06:20 PM
Snowx_ posted...
Holy_Wraith posted...
gjvaquino posted...
Like with the PS3, I bought it hoping id get a lot of rpgs/jrpgs but aside from 13-2,

You ever heard of:

- Fallout 3
- Fallout: New Vegas
- Demon's Souls
- Dark Souls
- Dragon Age
- Dragon Age II (its not bad as they make it sound, its awesome)
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Those are some great RPGs and feels better playing because there are no bug eyed jRPG chicks that makes a game liked because of how "sexual" jRPG bug eyed chicks are placed in games.

Its sad that RPG gamers think jRPG games are better than WRPGs.

None of them get close to a standard JRPG.
All of them are full of gamebreaking glitches, have characters that is overall hard to care about, generic and simplicistic main plots, horrible looking character models, generic and lame combat systems and unmemorable soundtracks.
Where WPRGs shine is the huge amount of content they have to offer so if you like quantity over quality they're the games for you. Otherwise JRPGs are still the gold standard of the RPG genre as a whole.

true. JRPGs > WRPGs.

ever seen a JRPG with glitches? nope.

ever seen a WPRG with glitches? oh boy. where do i begin.
---
not sure if hot, or just drunk...
#27TaylorWrPosted 3/28/2012 7:06:33 PM
00Bubbles00 posted...
They could still re-use a lot of the assets. The PS3 and PS4 are still just simple computers. They can just touch up the polygons and increase the text resolution. No doubt the PS4 can still run Crystal Tools with improvements.

The main thing that saves them time in making a sequel is designing the story, world and characters and the general gameplay design. These things are already 1/2 done in for a sequel.

With Versus probably coming out end of 2012, early 2013.... FF13-3 wouldn't be well received if it came out on PS3 when the PS4 is already out showcasing games with better graphics.

I'm pretty sure you're over simplifying game development. Besides, if FFXIII-3 comes out, it's not coming out AFTER Versus, which probably isn't coming out late 2012 - early 2013.
#2800Bubbles00(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2012 7:11:47 PM
TaylorWr posted...
00Bubbles00 posted...

I'm pretty sure you're over simplifying game development. Besides, if FFXIII-3 comes out, it's not coming out AFTER Versus, which probably isn't coming out late 2012 - early 2013.

I'm pegging FF13-3 to be released 2014-2015... so it will be after versus.
#2900Bubbles00(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2012 7:15:50 PM
Halo 2 to Halo 3 is an example of sequels on different gen consoles...

Halo 3 is much better game, though the design of the game is quite similar to Halo 2... like gameplay, game objects, etc.
#30Holy_WraithPosted 3/28/2012 8:11:23 PM
00Bubbles00 posted...
Halo 2 to Halo 3 is an example of sequels on different gen consoles...

Halo 3 is much better game, though the design of the game is quite similar to Halo 2... like gameplay, game objects, etc.

I bet you didn't know that Halo 2 was made for the 360 launch but 360 was running late and Halo gamers was impatient so it was released for original Xbox.

As for jRPG fanboys who think "jRPG>WRPGs"

If the jRPGs didn't add so much "sexual" content involving 12 year old looking bug eyed girls then you jRPG fanboys wouldn't be jRPG gamers.

Not all WRPGs are glitched, but admit that there is more to them. If jRPGs had as much content, a.i. and free roaming like WRPGs have then they'd most likely be glitched too.

I'd like to see SquEnix and Namco Bandai make games similar to Fallout and Oblivion without the bugs and glitches.
---
There was a Hole here.
It's in Henry Townshend's bathroom now.