How do you get Fomoire and Malebranche Cie'th to spawn? Spoilers

#1HolyDragon2808Posted 4/9/2012 9:34:35 PM
I know they both reside in the Archylte Steppe during stormy weather but do you have to reset the time gates or something for them to spawn? These are the last two monsters I need to get that Monster hunter fragment (my last fragment) and I've been at it for hours trying to get these last two to spawn... Please and thank you for your time!
---
"Lightning...it flashes bright... then fades away. It can't protect. It only destroys" ~Lightning (FFXIII)
#2aimingdevicePosted 4/9/2012 9:39:35 PM
I'm pretty sure that those two monsters only appear in two specific areas of the steppe otherwise you'll constantly find Vampires/etc.

I can't recall exactly but I think one area is around the Time gate to the Vile peaks and the other is one of the edges of the marshes (where you need a chocobo or the red cactuar stone to access)
---
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. ~Sun Tzu
#3HolyDragon2808(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2012 9:42:10 PM
aimingdevice posted...
I'm pretty sure that those two monsters only appear in two specific areas of the steppe otherwise you'll constantly find Vampires/etc.

I can't recall exactly but I think one area is around the Time gate to the Vile peaks and the other is one of the edges of the marshes (where you need a chocobo or the red cactuar stone to access)

Thank you. I'll give this a try and see what happens. I appreciate it!
---
"Lightning...it flashes bright... then fades away. It can't protect. It only destroys" ~Lightning (FFXIII)
#4HolyDragon2808(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2012 9:47:10 PM
THANK YOU! Okay, Malebranche finally appeared! After I defeat this one, I'm gonna go by that time gate you mentioned! Much appreciated!
---
#5JumiVioletPosted 4/9/2012 9:47:26 PM
Your best bet is by the gate at Grave Ridge. Only Fomoire and Malebranche will spawn there. Just run in a small circle around the gate area. If you see a Vampire, you've strayed too far.

The other area is near the back of Clearwater, but honestly...the gate area is closer and if you have Encounter Master, they crop up pretty fast.
---
A violet Jewel says I am a Jumi...what are you?
#6HolyDragon2808(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2012 10:01:06 PM
JumiViolet posted...
Your best bet is by the gate at Grave Ridge. Only Fomoire and Malebranche will spawn there. Just run in a small circle around the gate area. If you see a Vampire, you've strayed too far.

The other area is near the back of Clearwater, but honestly...the gate area is closer and if you have Encounter Master, they crop up pretty fast.

Yeah, the minute I went to the gate, they both started appearing almost immediately. The strategy book seems to stress running around the clearwater area (which I did for hours to but to no avail). That's the last time I follow the guide for something like this lol. Thank you both!
---
#7InfinyGodslayerPosted 4/9/2012 10:33:32 PM
There's only two areas which Malebranche and Fomoire spawns:

1 - Around the crystal gate located in Grave Ridge at South of the Archylte Steppe, near where you can fight Yomi.
2 - On the little island in Clearwater Marshes at extreme West of the Archylte. Where you can see the place that you used to play in FFXIII.

They're both normal enemies, so you don't need either leave Archylte, neither Battlemania to fight these enemies.

In both places Malenbrance shares spawn with Fomoire and the spawn rate for each of them is 50%, meaning that you have equally chances to fight them. Sometimes the RNG inverts the spawn rate in each place, if you're getting to many Fomoire encounters just go to the other place and you'll get more Malebrance encounters.

---
---
"A god...The universe is full of gods. Who is mortal..." Gabriel Celeste - Valkyrie Profile 2 Silmeria.
#8LilAznRiceBoi89Posted 4/9/2012 11:54:24 PM

If you haven't found both yet, I recommend going to youtube and just typing in the name + ffxiii-2 (example: Fomoire FFXIII-2). This will bring up videos where people show the exact spot on the map where you can find the monster. Im pretty sure for both of those you had to have battlemaster fragment on as well. 

#9InfinyGodslayerPosted 4/10/2012 2:17:27 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]