Looks like my Lightning DLC expectations were unreasonably high

#1theofficefan99Posted 4/26/2012 4:58:17 PM
It'll just be a battle. I was expecting a DLC that takes 5-10 hours to go through with multiple bosses, Eidolons fighting by your side, an awesome multi-form fight with Caius, and a CGI cutscene at the end.

Hm.

Interesting.
---
Anticipating: Phantasy Star Online 2, FF Versus XIII, FF Type-0, Xenoblade, The Last Story, Tomb Raider, and Final Fantasy XV
#2HAAH_WAAWPosted 4/26/2012 5:00:33 PM
lol, a CG cutscene.
#3ZEOPOWER6Posted 4/26/2012 5:00:51 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
It'll just be a battle. I was expecting a DLC that takes 5-10 hours to go through with multiple bosses, Eidolons fighting by your side, an awesome multi-form fight with Caius, and a CGI cutscene at the end.

Hm.

Interesting.

It was always going to be just a battle...

And DLC that would take that long is basically a game in itself. O_O
#4locke72Posted 4/26/2012 5:05:46 PM
ZEOPOWER6 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...

Hm.

Interesting.

No a DLC like that isn't as long as a normal game. More of a, expansion pack. Its been done before. I also knew when I saw the base price was estimated at 5-6 dollars that we where getting something small though.
---
I prefer the term treasure hunter.
#5Shadowlover123Posted 4/26/2012 5:05:50 PM
i wasn't expecting it to be 5-10hours long knowing square they usually don't qualify that as like 6$ value they think that's like 30$ value. Anyways ya i was disapointed as well that it was just a battle :/ i was hoping you'd at least get to walk around valhalla with lightning like you did with sazh in his dlc but i guess it's harder for lightning since she has a completely different outfit where was they just reused sazh's old model. Oh well.....the lesson is guys don't have high expectations for square-enix you will only be disapointed. cough cough versus xiii where the f are you cough cough
#6YoshioKSTPosted 4/26/2012 5:08:46 PM
^
Well, you really have to choose one:
You can have high expectations
or
you can have them rush the game.

High expectations is expecting it to be a masterpiece, not expecting it to be released this week.
---
Heroes don't need plans...just lots upon lots of HP
#7Iampony1Posted 4/26/2012 5:09:04 PM
theofficefan99 posted...

Hm.

Interesting.

i was expecting this as well
but who cares right in the original ending she was very happy to see Serah Sleeping
Noel: shh shh its ok....."breaks neck"
---
Any product from Motoumo Toriyama to his fans was made out of greed with lack of passion.
The dude wrote for Mindjack for gods sake!!!
#8ZEOPOWER6Posted 4/26/2012 5:09:46 PM
locke72 posted...
ZEOPOWER6 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...

Hm.

Interesting.

No a DLC like that isn't as long as a normal game. More of a, expansion pack. Its been done before. I also knew when I saw the base price was estimated at 5-6 dollars that we where getting something small though.

But these DLCs were never advertised as expansion packs. They have always been small episodes that you play to get a bit more story and a character to boot.

Have they ever had a JRPG with an 'expansion pack' like that for the PS3?
#9SlimeStackPosted 4/26/2012 5:11:08 PM
XD yes, those are extremely high.

Though is it actually confirmed to be only one battle or are you making an assumption based off the screenshots?
---
PSN: Slime_Stack
#10ShadowZero007Posted 4/26/2012 5:12:38 PM
Shadowlover123 posted...
i wasn't expecting it to be 5-10hours long knowing square they usually don't qualify that as like 6$ value they think that's like 30$ value. Anyways ya i was disapointed as well that it was just a battle :/ i was hoping you'd at least get to walk around valhalla with lightning like you did with sazh in his dlc but i guess it's harder for lightning since she has a completely different outfit where was they just reused sazh's old model. Oh well.....the lesson is guys don't have high expectations for square-enix you will only be disapointed. cough cough versus xiii where the f are you cough cough

*Slaps you*

Dont you ever speak of Versus, AGAIN!

-_-
I tire of hearing about it.
---
In my restless dreams I see that town...