So where will FF battles systems go from here?

#1SalvadorJonesPosted 4/29/2012 1:38:32 AM
I mean, I just can't imagine a future of the series without the P shifts -____-, it just seems too great to lose

I think it'd be cool if they kept it, and brought classes back...like if you have three characters, one of them is a white mage, and the white mage can unlock like 5 roles : healer, synergist, white monk, etc. And some classes have common roles...

I dunno...any ideas?
#2ValcristPLPosted 4/29/2012 1:39:48 AM
SalvadorJones posted...
I mean, I just can't imagine a future of the series without the P shifts -____-, it just seems too great to lose

I think it'd be cool if they kept it, and brought classes back...like if you have three characters, one of them is a white mage, and the white mage can unlock like 5 roles : healer, synergist, white monk, etc. And some classes have common roles...

I dunno...any ideas?

Too great to lose ?Please.FFX-2 battle system was too great to lose.I mean, changing jobs in battle ?Perfect !And yet they never used it again.They can scrap P shifts for all I care.
---
Official Lezard Valeth.
All my messages shall be read in Liam O'Brien's voice.DO IT.
#3SalvadorJones(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2012 1:42:15 AM
Well, one could argue that FF XIII's battle system was heavily inspired by X-2's...I think bringing class exclusives would actually be a bridge between the two systems
#4tlnPosted 4/29/2012 1:45:11 AM
Some form of Gambits (FFXII) + Paradigm Shifts (FXIII) would be perfect.
#5SalvadorJones(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2012 1:46:45 AM
Well, I found the gambits system to be very...time-consuming let's say. I don't know about other people's opinions' though. And I feel like that's why the roles of FF XIII were so awesome
#6DilsDilevaPosted 4/29/2012 1:46:50 AM
I'd like to see a numbered FF with Tactics gameplay where you can switch jobs on the go.
---
H/W
#7SalvadorJones(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2012 1:47:56 AM
Switch jobs on the go?
#8ValcristPLPosted 4/29/2012 1:49:20 AM
SalvadorJones posted...
Switch jobs on the go?

In battle.Like Dress Spheres.From warrior to WM to heal people, then back to warrior to wreck chaos.
---
Official Lezard Valeth.
All my messages shall be read in Liam O'Brien's voice.DO IT.
#9Snowx_Posted 4/29/2012 1:52:53 AM
ValcristPL posted...

Too great to lose ?Please.FFX-2 battle system was too great to lose.I mean, changing jobs in battle ?Perfect !And yet they never used it again.They can scrap P shifts for all I care.

You could change job in battle in FFXIV and it sucked so badly they had to remove it.
---
Ohnoes. I'm 25 and my 87th JRPG doesn't feel as epic as the first one I played when I was 12. Must be Toriyama's fault.
#10NemyarPosted 4/29/2012 1:53:50 AM
Maybe a combination of ADB from FFXII (Active Dimension Battle) and CSB (Command Synergy Battle) from FFXIII? Player run around the battlefield freely while stacking their commands.