How do I Get Illuyankas to appear??! Help!!!

#1ttforcePosted 5/6/2012 3:23:29 PM(edited)
Help please... FARMING IT DOZENS OF HOURS... ARGHHHHHHHHHHH!
Closed gate // opened gate -- the monster will NOT appear at all even with the battlemania skill on/off, changing the enc. rate, ETC ETC, and i've traveled back and forth in ALL locations of Sunleth Waterscape 400 AF for the past several days.
Any ideas how to get it?

JUST WTF IS THIS? So annoying and cheap =((.
I've already viewed 2 vids on youtube - and guys get it appear WHEN_THEY_ON_A_MISSION -- WTF i wanted to do it, BUT I CAN'T REVERT EVENTS when gate closed, it's just empty there always!

Please - can anyone confirm, that after you gotten all the things in the game YOU ENCOUNTERED that freakin' ILLUYANKAS?!
I'm trying to do this with 159/160 fragments...
(and i already have all other monsters in the bestiary).

Gosh, so frustrated =///..

THANKS IN ADVANCE.
#2ZEOPOWER6Posted 5/6/2012 4:07:24 PM(edited)
Yes, you can. I got Illuyankas near the end and he is definitely available near the end of the game. I got him for the first time just running around Sunleth 400 :/

http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/619314-final-fantasy-xiii-2/answers?qid=313747

I would say... just be patient and run around the area some more.

Just try Battlemania ON, Less Monsters, and run around the Assembly Area mound. He should pop up eventually... he did for me on the second or third spawn.
#3blendePosted 5/6/2012 5:55:21 PM
With battlemania on, I spawn him every second battle in the south of the map, roughly where Chocolina stands in the 300af map.
#4ttforce(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2012 8:39:05 AM
Thanks for encouragement, tried all things -- but he's not appear((... Another dozens of encounters, eh..
So, maybe, there is some way to close gate and REPLAY events, or i lost it forever =(( ?
#5MightyGebPosted 5/7/2012 8:47:26 AM
Battlemania on. Wander (I normally use Assembly Area). Pretty much first encounter for me every time (4 playthroughs). There is no "losing" monsters so you've either been incredibly unlucky or have not been looking in the right places.

It's a pretty hard monster to miss.
---
GT: geblobledee
Formerly st_midgetman, changed since that was an old and no longer relevant username.
#6ttforce(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2012 6:29:09 AM(edited)
That's interesting... It's seems that i'm the most unluckiest person :(.
Can you show vid where you succesfully enter the battle with him?
About my glitch (sorry for bad quality) :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyiOO6GQ7OQ
I have that picture ALWAYS IN ALL AREAS of sunlight 400 af ! ((
Not a single encounter(((
Poured already about 18 hours and nothing...
#7LuBu1975Posted 5/8/2012 7:59:55 AM
Must be a glitch or something cos i got him in seconds. Have battlemania on and he should appear where you fought the giant flan.
---
X > XIII > VII > VIII > XII > IV > V > IX > I > III > II > VI
#8shim11Posted 5/8/2012 8:19:27 AM(edited)
I just booted the game and found him in Assembly Area after 4 fights,no Battlemania.storywise I just finished Academia 400

edit:got him again right after I charged my FL
#9ZEOPOWER6Posted 5/8/2012 4:30:48 PM
ttforce posted...
That's interesting... It's seems that i'm the most unluckiest person :(.
Can you show vid where you succesfully enter the battle with him?
About my glitch (sorry for bad quality) :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyiOO6GQ7OQ
I have that picture ALWAYS IN ALL AREAS of sunlight 400 af ! ((
Not a single encounter(((
Poured already about 18 hours and nothing...

Are you playing from a legitimate copy of the game?

Someone had a glitch a while back and we found out that they were using a downloaded copy of the game from some online source.