Improved Potions > Curaja ------ Why?

#1MegaRamzaPosted 5/14/2012 3:38:10 PM(edited)
When I got Curaja, I started using it, then I put Grimoire Hat on Serah, bit it was mostly for Kill: Libra, I used a potion and it healed way more than Curaja, I ended up almost never using Curaja later on mostly when I ran out of potions. (except for post-game so I could equip things such as Magistral Crest on Serah and Kaizer Knuckles on Noel).

Of course, I am taking to note that Curaja heals more the less hp you have left.
#2XalvinPosted 5/14/2012 3:39:08 PM
I think you're referring to Curaja from Noel?
He's MAG stat is very low. You can't really expect him to heal much.
---
Lightning: "Worst Birthday Ever"
#3TheGreatPotatoPosted 5/14/2012 3:39:35 PM
Noel's bad magic. But yeah, the potions are better, easier, and quicker.
#4MegaRamza(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2012 3:39:39 PM
Oh, that must be why lol.
#5boysplzPosted 5/14/2012 3:49:56 PM
Nah, it's not his magic stat since the formula for Coraja doesn't really rely on that.

(lost HP * Multi) + [(lost HP * MA) / 100,000] = recovery amount

Any contribution from magic here is divided by 100K which will usually be less than 100 HP even assuming a lot of health lost and a pretty high magic stat.

I think it's that improved potions is really that much better since I think potions recover percentages this time around.
---
paradise engineer
#6NemyarPosted 5/14/2012 4:01:01 PM
Curaja's free, Potion isn't.
#7TheGreatPotatoPosted 5/14/2012 4:03:23 PM
Nemyar posted...
Curaja's free, Potion isn't.

They basically are.

I guess it must be because Serah/Noel/Monster have half a lot less HP than in FFXIII, so the set value of double potions outweighs the percentage of Curaja.
#8tiornysPosted 5/14/2012 4:47:38 PM
boysplz posted...
I think it's that improved potions is really that much better since I think potions recover percentages this time around.

Potions recover a percentage in XIII once your HP are high enough. I think the percentage in XIII-2 is higher, but I'm not sure and am short on time to test.

t~
#9DreamGoddess1Posted 5/14/2012 7:26:00 PM
Curaja is really only good when you're in critical HP.

So yeah, potions are usually better, because only a select few enemies can actually hurt you that much in this game.
#10ZekunPosted 5/18/2012 11:15:15 PM
It's funny how people think that Magic plays such a big role for a Medic when it honestly really doesn't make too much of a difference.