Infusion Monster Builds; Now hijacked to be BMSirius' special project; Thread 7

#1Taly932Posted 5/17/2012 1:44:54 PM(edited)
Greetings, building community!

Welcome to another installment of BMSirius and Taly932's special project! As of 5/17/2012, we've almost reached our sixth 500-post milestone. I suspect Thread 6 will be full by the end of the day. For reference, Thread 6 can be found here:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/619315-final-fantasy-xiii-2/62700519

Since it's not yet completely full, please don't post here until Thread 6 reaches 500 posts.

There is still so much that we need to cover, so please, new and veteran monster infusion enthusiasts, don't hesitate to contribute. We'll continue to talk about the final batch of DLC monsters, notable SYNs, notable SAB, snotable, MEDs, notable SENs, and various mechanics and formulas.

Thanks! I can't wait to see where Thread 7 takes us.

Taly932
---
The best things in the world are free --- and worth every penny of it.
#2Shadowblade2Posted 5/17/2012 6:14:59 PM
Bump
---
"By all means marry; if you get a good wife, you'll be happy. If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher." - Socrates
#3Noah_IvaldiPosted 5/17/2012 6:18:10 PM
Why would this need a bump? It was just posted and became open as of pretty much right now. >_>
---
Check this if you're interested in role-playing, characters, school help/learning, or games. Just bloody join.
http://seinvocc.escellsia.com/forum/index.php
#4BMSiriusPosted 5/17/2012 6:18:36 PM
@Exentryk (reply to his post from Thread 6): I wonder if Ally KO: Power Surge II can help in any RELIABLE fashion? By that I mean, something that could be exercised in a consistent farming method or something.

I can't think of any other damage-dealing passive to put in the HP +30% slot. I need to ask though, having no experience vs. Valfodr - is he deadly enough to warrant any more defense on Lightning besides her 9k HP?

I remember reading that Physical VLight performs very poorly against Yomi, doing odd things such as alternating between ground attacks and jump slashes. Is that the only important post-game boss she's bad at with all Physicals?

Do let me know if she prevails over Cactuar against Yomi with a Magic build. It seems like Yomi would be the only case where VLight Magic build would really be the clear and obvious choice, but she would have to beat Cactuar.

I hope I worded my sentences well and wasn't just rambling... I'm having some lovely wine right now <3
---
"Stupid? How the hell can someone come to that conclusion? Serah is a ****ing state-of-the-art plot-seeking missile in this game." - TheSmartestBomb
#5ExentrykPosted 5/17/2012 6:34:47 PM
BMS -

Ally KO is probably not a very consistent way. You may be able to, but it would require a bit of skill. So, for a community build, not having Ally KO woudn't be too bad.

On where Mana V Light might be useful in terms of speed running, against our current bosses:

Yomi - (With Ally KO, PM and a mana build, possibly can take Yomi out before his first IA, which would be like in 30 secs or so. Not sure if this is possible yet, but I will try over the coming weeks. Never the less, you'll definitely get him in after that IA, ~1:00 mark or less.)

Pupu - Current Speed Runs include a PM Red Chocobo (and is pretty consistent method too). A Mana V Light will beat RC's scores easy.

Gilgamesh - Unsure as to how much damage she'll do with a mana build, PM and Ally KO. Around 250K per hit? Should get a decent time, if not the best.
#6widget624Posted 5/17/2012 6:47:17 PM
Growth spreadsheet has been updated with the 3 new DLC characters

Only thing of any note. When building Val:

Mana Build
potent for levels 81, 83, 85, 87 and 89

Strength Build
potent for levels 81-83, 85-86, 88-89

Updated spreadsheet with the custom growths columns can be downloaded here
http://www.mediafire.com/?7edg366b0it5y3g
#7elee4422Posted 5/17/2012 6:47:24 PM
@BMS he does pretty hefty damage, more than that though Snow can go rage mode and do serious damage
#8BMSiriusPosted 5/17/2012 7:01:14 PM
widget624 posted...
Growth spreadsheet has been updated with the 3 new DLC characters

Only thing of any note. When building Val:

Mana Build
potent for levels 81, 83, 85, 87 and 89

Strength Build
potent for levels 81-83, 85-86, 88-89

Updated spreadsheet with the custom growths columns can be downloaded here
http://www.mediafire.com/?7edg366b0it5y3g

Thanks so much! Also, that's good, those are very high/expensive levels and going Potent on them will save a lot of materials.

@elee: Hmm... I really wish I had time to pay Snow's DLC this weekend T_T
---
"Stupid? How the hell can someone come to that conclusion? Serah is a ****ing state-of-the-art plot-seeking missile in this game." - TheSmartestBomb
#9elee4422Posted 5/17/2012 7:03:07 PM
we're all waiting patiently for your final assessment on the builds!
#10BMSiriusPosted 5/17/2012 7:04:50 PM
elee4422 posted...
we're all waiting patiently for your final assessment on the builds!

We have pre-emptive build recommendations already. It's gonna take a lot longer to really study each monster and give GOOD data, though.
---