best sentinel on these 3

#1brionac27Posted 5/22/2012 7:50:46 PM
pulse glad , bunkerbeast or goblin chieftain
#2PhophenomenonPosted 5/22/2012 7:58:30 PM
Goblin Chieftan. He is very useful because of his feral link.
---
Waiting for FFX HD to release. HURRY UP!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Phophenomenon?feature=mhee
#3Taly932Posted 5/22/2012 8:16:48 PM(edited)
In terms of defense, Pulse Gladiator is the best SEN, as it naturally halves physical and magical attacks and has 90% resistance to Wind attacks and all ailments. It has a maximum level of 70, meaning it can also receive both SEN Bonus Boosts, increasing its defenses even further.

Goblin Chieftain is far from being the best SEN in regard to defenses. It is noteworthy, though, because of its Feral Link, Spirit Infusion, which bestows Bravery, Protect, Shell, Veil, and Vigilance, as well as providing a small amount of healing. This allows it to serve a SYN-like function, and, when combined with Cloudburst's Friendly Fire, gives the entire party a full array of buffs. Despite not being the best defensive SEN, Goblin Chieftain's defenses are more than adequate for any battle in the game.

Bunkerbeast is similar to Pulse Gladiator. While it only halves Ice and Lightning attacks, it has a 90% resistance to all ailments. Its HP is higher than Pulse Gladiator and Goblin Chieftain on an All-Vitality build. Unfortunately, it brings nothing unique to the SEN table. It is inferior to Pulse Gladiator in defenses and lacks the versatility that Goblin Chieftain's Feral Link provides.

If you only plan on building one of these three, I would strongly recommend Goblin Chieftain.

---
The best things in the world are free --- and worth every penny of it.
#4Noah_IvaldiPosted 5/22/2012 8:10:56 PM
Bunkerbeast has very little going for it.
Goblin Chieftain can be built to be good enough and use his FL to supply PRT, SHL, VEL, and VIG. It's pretty good.
Pulse Glad is the undisputed king of defense unless you have a vitality material-built Snow.
There are better SENs overall because they have offensive benefits, but, from those three, it's between Pulse Glad and Goblin Chieftain.
---
Check this if you're interested in role-playing, characters, school help/learning, or games. Just bloody join.
http://seinvocc.escellsia.com/forum/index.php
#5gameslickerPosted 5/22/2012 9:34:43 PM
TC, you forgot to add the dlc sentinel: snow villers himself. i heard he's a pretty good sentinel as well
#6Noah_IvaldiPosted 5/22/2012 11:38:41 PM
Clearly, brionac isn't forgetting better SENs; he's ignoring them.
---
Check this if you're interested in role-playing, characters, school help/learning, or games. Just bloody join.
#7kokushishinPosted 5/23/2012 9:19:53 PM
Bunkerbeast's claim to fame was having the most HP, but Snow has taken that crown.
---
Meet Gabriel Belmont and his Vampire Killer!
#8mirac13Posted 5/23/2012 9:59:07 PM
kokushishin posted...
Bunkerbeast's claim to fame was having the most HP, but Snow has taken that crown.

Really? My Tezcatlapoca @14582 beats the Bunkerbeast I have @13920 ;)
But as you said Snow slaughters them. Even using Power crystals.
#9DarknessWingPosted 5/23/2012 9:59:58 PM
Goblin Chiefian is my favorite SEN. (I haven't try out Snow yet since I will get the DLC soon).

Pulse Glad is great and love the Defensive that it can handle any beating but I hate how it keep spamming on Vendetta and Entrench since It already learn it naturally. It use Medicguard or Steelguard when the HP get low. All I want my SEN is just to be a giggling Spongebob and that what Goblin Chiefian did the job. It mostly use the -guard ability that I expect it to.

There is one small problem with Pulse Glad, there is a few build that need Pulse Glad for its passive ability for infusion. So only build up Pulse Glad if you won't use it for infusion. If you really want to use for infusion, then go Goblin Chiefian for SEN role
#10Noah_IvaldiPosted 5/26/2012 4:08:49 AM
Actually, Bunkerbeast's HP was the third-highest. Tezcat wins by only about 200, and, if you're crazy enough to raise Silver on vitality mats, Silver wins by around 350 over that. Snow's HP is actually so high that he can be built to be even more defensive than Pulse Glad on vitality, potent, or mostly potents with some power at the end, so he clearly blows any defensive competition out of the water, but, even without DLC, Bunkerbeast was never the best at anything. It was just a cost-efficient SEN that you could get right from the beginning of the game.
---