#151Kagayaku08Posted 6/13/2012 6:52:08 PM
FF 10-2 didn't sell as good as FF 10

FF crisis core outsold FF dirge of cerberus. Both did WAY worse than FF 7

why is that?
---
**official** Vyers: Dark Adonis of the Final Fantasy Type-0 Boards
*:*Sice*:* Floats like a butterfly, stings like the Grim Reaper
#152Kagayaku08Posted 6/13/2012 6:53:51 PM
and Revenant Wings wasn't taken as bad. Many fans grew attatched to Vann in RW claiming he had a personality in that
---
#153LivingHitokiriPosted 6/13/2012 7:00:19 PM
Kagayaku08 posted...
FF 10-2 didn't sell as good as FF 10

FF crisis core outsold FF dirge of cerberus. Both did WAY worse than FF 7

why is that?

About X-2 in my opinion was due some people didn't like the concept of it, the game is generally viewed that it was to appeal for ffX fans not the others.
Yet again even all of this it sold 5.57 or so according to vgcharts. which is good.

The reason why FF Crissis Core didn't sell as much as FF7 is simply.
First it was on PSP when most of people either had Ps2 and xbox/wii so it held the sales back by a lot and it sold 3 mil copies.
Also, Crisis Core as prequel to ff7 didnt make the huge big impression as ff7 did back in 1997.
#154xhominidPosted 6/13/2012 7:19:43 PM
xhominid posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
You guys are getting the wrong idea. Developers shouldn't flat-out ignore fans. They should listen to fans, but not BASE a game around it, which is what XIII-2 did.

This doesn't change the fact that a lot of this fanbase is filled with idiots.

Mass Effect 2 was made around what fans wanted and Bioware themselves admitted that they where talking daily with fans on forums asking them what they wanted to see in Mass Effect 2 and used their ideas.
So i guess even Bioware is a tool now and is filled with idiots?

And didn't that get alot of hate because the combat system became more FPS based than RPG based? Which I definitely know persisted in ME3.

It did, but like ive said it was generally taken as positive by the community because it fixed more things than break it, since like bioware said, they listened to the fans for the majority the game was created.
The good sales of Mass Effect 3 proves it as some point that people liked Mass Effect 2, especially how many had tons of different save files waiting around with different gameplays/romances in order to get conclude din Mass Effect 3.
Not to mention that suicide Mission from mass effect 2 is probably one of the best ways that comp[any came up to promote a sequel for the next game,it was awesome and people like it and made em wait for ages for Mass effect 3.

Didn't stop ME3 from having the worst ending ever on damn near every account....but I won't deny everything else you stated.

I'm going to be pretty specific here because you've accused me of hypocrisy.

You said every FF has their hatedom and the reason we got XIII-2 was in reponse to the criticism. I said no, they interpreted the criticisms, if they had directly responded we would have had FF7.

Now, aside from whether you agreed with my response or not, how exactly is that not listening to your point?

And this is what I mean by willfully ignorant. Not only do you assume how a developer approaches criticism, when somebody offers you the actual information, you ignore it.

Now you aren't making any sense...
You are assuming on how developers approaches criticism when technically, each one approaches criticism in their own way, as we can attest to on with the difference of Capcom handling SFxTK and this.

I stated every FF has it's own hatedom specifically to show you how fruitless your claim is. FF7 was loved and now it's getting divisive BECAUSE of how much love Square is giving and how much fans won't let go. FF10 had a hatedom because of it's protagonist and the start of VA. Every game has it's fans and it's haters, it's the fact you believe FFXIII or XIII-2 has bigger haters than fans IS laughable.
---
If Itachi is a God, then why with his presence does the story become extremely predictable and boring?
#155JackstinPosted 6/13/2012 7:35:33 PM
Well hold on, you accused me of ignoring your point when actually I responded directly. You said every fandom has a hatedom. I said

"If a game is bad it'll have worse reaction than if its good, it'll always have negative reaction because thats what fans do"

Now you disagree that XIII has had a worse reaction, fine, that aside for now, you called me a hypocrite for ignoring the point when I clearly didn't. That was a lie.
---
Kiss the Evil Dragon King
#156xhominidPosted 6/13/2012 7:55:34 PM
Well hold on, you accused me of ignoring your point when actually I responded directly. You said every fandom has a hatedom. I said

"If a game is bad it'll have worse reaction than if its good, it'll always have negative reaction because thats what fans do"

Now you disagree that XIII has had a worse reaction, fine, that aside for now, you called me a hypocrite for ignoring the point when I clearly didn't. That was a lie.

You didn't read my point, you made that obvious when you danced around my questions. And no, that makes no sense because some bad games can easily get a cult following well after it's failures, and that's just from a bad game.
I don't see how out of basically 7 million copies(when 1 million games bought is a success these days), you suddenly believe because of there's vocal hate, most of the people hate the game...

And then you completely ignore the critic score by saying they aren't right....you aren't even making sense, let alone making coherent points.
---
If Itachi is a God, then why with his presence does the story become extremely predictable and boring?
#157Kagayaku08Posted 6/13/2012 8:05:13 PM
LivingHitokiri posted...

Yet again even all of this it sold 5.57 or so according to vgcharts. which is good.

yeah, its also around 9 years old. Its first year it didn't sell much more than FF 13-2 has now and FF13-2 is not even 7 months old.

The reason why FF Crissis Core didn't sell as much as FF7 is simply.
First it was on PSP when most of people either had Ps2 and xbox/wii so it held the

system popularity doesn't gurantee sales. DS ffs should be massive hits by your logic, but the psp games do about as well. Crisis core outsold all DS FFs.

this also flies in the face of Dirge of Cerberus which WAS on the ps2. Shooters are a very big genre in the west, but not the name of FF 7 and not being a shooter helped it sales at all.

sales back by a lot and it sold 3 mil copies.

it actually sold about 2 million copies. VGchartz its terrible as a gaming sales source as they guess at numbers. This still is a massive drop off to FF 7's sales so this point is moot.

Also, Crisis Core as prequel to ff7 didnt make the huge big impression as ff7 did back in 1997.

thats the point. FF7 was so much of a success that a prequel or sequel should sell just as if not better than previous game since it was so well liked. Except they didn't. Why is this?
---
#158JackstinPosted 6/13/2012 8:07:14 PM
'You made that obvious when you danced around my questions' specifics, please. If you're going to accuse me of being a hypocrite by assuming I didn't read your point use evidence to back it up.

It sold 6.4 million because of the ridiculous hype, because even a game like FFX-2 will sell more than 5 million, and XIII had even more hype due to its long development cycle.

Critics, like fans, are easily swayed by hype. Initial review scores mean next to nothing. A great example of this is the FFXIII-2 reviews which say the game is better than XIII and yet give it a lower score.

All of my points have been simply written like this for you. Your problem isn't that my posts are incoherent, but that they defy your internal logic which says "7 million sales must mean its amazing right?", "how can the reviews be wrong, that doesn't make sense".
---
#159JackstinPosted 6/13/2012 8:14:56 PM
@Kagayuki
Well for X-2 the sales were bound to be more dawn out because X-2 wasn't released in Europe for an extra year, so that accounts for 1 million in sales already.

As for Crisis Core. Its a low budget handheld spin off. It's nothing like a real FF game, thats why it sold much less. But actually if you compare it to most of the other low budget spin-offs, it sold really well! Its not really fair to compare it to a full FF like FF7.
---
#160theofficefan99Posted 6/13/2012 8:21:00 PM
English isn't my first language, either.

"I doubt you can blame the marketing as the main reason why ff13-2 sales are poor, since square is known for doing good marketing.
Lightning was advertised for ff13-2 more times than i saw Serah in trailers , it was clearly intended in order to draw more fans.
Im not sure if they reviled the DLC before the game came up neither about their story plot and much about time traveling so i wont comment on that."

DLC was announced before the game came out.

I don't know. I thought the trailers were terrible. Guess that's just me. I'm aware that SE is usually amazing at marketing but XIII-2 was the exception IMO.

"I Agree about DOC and X-2 but care to explain why AC and RW where taken as bad, and what about Crissis Core ? FF4 after years, tacticts A2 and etc type-O which is in the same world as ff13 and versus ?"

Advent Children has gorgeous CGI and great choreography for its fight scenes but it destroys the plot and characters of the original FF7, that's the general consensus for the movie.

Crisis Core is a prequel.

Final Fantasy IV: TAY isn't THAT horribly received, but it's probably because no one really paid attention to the WiiWare, and because it was bundled with FFIV on the PSP so no one really complained about it. When touched upon, people do really point out how lazy it is, as everything from FFIV was re-used.

Tactics A2 is a great game, but the story is awful. General consensus.

Type-0 is not a sequel, it is a mainline title.
---
Anticipating: Phantasy Star Online 2, FF Versus XIII, FF Type-0, Xenoblade, The Last Story, Tomb Raider, and Final Fantasy XV