Ayone else notice all final fantasys have horrible final dungeons?

#31DreamGoddess1Posted 7/2/2012 5:51:46 PM
Say what?

1: Extremely difficult, but good.
3: Good.
4: Excellent.
5: Excellent.
6: Excellent.
7: Pretty good.
8: Not great, but still interesting.
9: Also not great, but interesting.
10: Decent.
10-2: Pretty good.
12: Lame.
13: Excellent.
13-2: Awesome.
---
Spread the joy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH2-TGUlwu4
#32Chaos-StrikerPosted 7/2/2012 5:53:40 PM
I liked pretty much liked all the final dungeons in FF I've played, but usually I was more consumed by the fact that I was soon about to end the game and therefore its initial journey that suddenly seemed short. I didn't mind the Academia 500AF as a final dungeon except that you had to close the gate to fight some of the monsters again.

I think FF has been having some horrible final bosses lately, though. And by final, I mean whatever battle you have before the final cutscenes that isn't fixed. Two bosses that made no sense as final bosses in FF were FFIX and Necron--who just came literally out of no where; and Caius in XIII-2 suddenly changing into not one but three Bahamuts. Vayne was a little overdone in FFXII, fighting him at the end got old imo.
---
As a different breed of gamers, I attempt and often succeed at understanding plots and characters, rather than finding reasons to $#@%& and moan about them.
#33Furikuri_flclPosted 7/2/2012 5:56:48 PM
FF VII and IX had awesome final dungeons. While FF VIII sucks as a games, the last dungeons was kinda cool.
---
Pokemon White FC: 3782-8772-5411
#34TrippyPBAPosted 7/2/2012 6:27:43 PM
Lord_Zenki posted...
I guess no one remembers Kefka's Tower from FFVI. Controlling 3 teams, the most dangerous enemies in the game, and 6 boss fights before you even get to Kefka. Not sure how that could be a bad dungeon.

This. Not only was it a unique fresh idea, but also challenging and fun. Then again I rarely ever compare VI to any other FF installment because it is vastly superior in every aspect minus graphics .
---
Favorite RPGs - Earthbound, Xenosaga Ep.1, Final Fantasy VI, Tales of Graces F
#35LolOkayPosted 7/2/2012 6:38:18 PM
I found XIII-2's really annoying.
#36ArmaLeyvatenPosted 7/2/2012 6:44:32 PM(edited)
TrippyPBA posted...
Lord_Zenki posted...
I guess no one remembers Kefka's Tower from FFVI. Controlling 3 teams, the most dangerous enemies in the game, and 6 boss fights before you even get to Kefka. Not sure how that could be a bad dungeon.

This. Not only was it a unique fresh idea, but also challenging and fun. Then again I rarely ever compare VI to any other FF installment because it is vastly superior in every aspect minus graphics .

*places his stamp of approval*

Toughest enemies in the game? I dunno........I think some of the Coliseum enemies you'd face were harder, but then again it's been so long since I last played the game at all I could be remembering wrong.

EDIT: Since we're talking about final dungeons, though, I'll 100% agree on FFVI's final dungeon being pretty freakin' awesome.
#37kupo1705Posted 7/2/2012 6:45:08 PM
TrippyPBA posted...
Lord_Zenki posted...

FFVI still looks great.
#38locke72Posted 7/2/2012 7:11:47 PM
kupo1705 posted...
TrippyPBA posted...
Lord_Zenki posted...

FFVI still looks great.

I like this string of quotes. :)
---
Official QR thi....I mean treasure hunter. Valcrist: @Locke okay, I love Lightning
http://w11.zetaboards.com/TheQuittingReturner/index/
#39_EggplantWizardPosted 7/2/2012 10:23:29 PM
ilikeikeilikeik posted...
They aren't that bad, but I hated FFIII's because you had to go through the maze, then Eureka, then Crystal Tower, and then World of Darkness, and you couldn't save in between.

That game came out back when gamers weren't treated like babies. Now, it's ridiculous with all the save points they throw at you.
I am definitely not a fan of FFXIII-2's save system. ...being able to save it anywhere/ anytime takes away some of the challenge.
---
Currently playing Fallout 3, Minecraft, and Secret of Mana.
#40TheGaijinPosted 7/2/2012 11:23:31 PM
I disliked 13's and 13-2's the most I think
the rest was ok
Maybe Ultimecia castle was annoying with lack of abilities but it was part of the gameplay experience

13-2 was just annoying
---
Final Fantasy XIV - Larek Darkholme @ Masamune