Best White Mage: Rosa
Best Red Mage: Lightning
Best Thief: Zidane
Best Monk/Blackbelt: Zell
Best Dragoon/Dragon Knight/Lancer: Kain
Best Ranger/Hunter: Fran
Best Scholar: FFXI Scholar
Best Geomancer/Taoist/Elementalist: Mog

This series of topics is to determine the best Job Class user(for characters with defined roles or matching traits of said Job) or type(If the Job is available to everyone) in the series game-play wise i.e. who does the most damage attacking or who heals better etc.

Rules:
1. You may change your vote up to one time.
2. I'll start with a list of candidates based on my own system of choice(detailed below) that can be voted for. If you want to vote for a new candidate you may do so, but you must explain why s/he is eligible.
3. Candidates will be decided based on A.(Default)Equipment and/or B.Unique abilities for the character.
4. Voting ceases at 12:00 p.m. Most votes win.
5. Characters who won previously cannot compete again.

Profile:The Dark Knight is characterized by wearing tight, sometimes enclosed black armor and wielding a sword powered by dark energy. Their physical stats, with exception of Defense, are usually high, but their other stats depend on the game they appear in. The typical Dark Knight ability is Souleater, also known as Darkness, which allows them to sacrifice their HP to perform stronger attacks. However, Souleater is not exclusive to the Dark Knight class. Dark Knights may also have abilities based on Blood Equipment that allows them to absorb HP and MP from enemies. The Dark Knight is opposed by the Paladin, holy knights who protect allies and wield sacred powers. Unlike many classes, Dark Knights bear a signature weapon, the Deathbringer, which has a chance to kill certain enemies in a single blow. Also known to fans as "Batman."

Candidates:
(Final Fantasy III) The Magic Knight's appearance is nearly identical to later games' Dark Knights, and in fact they were explicitly called as such in the English version of the DS remake. They can wield dark swords, and in the NES release cast low-level White Magic. In the DS release, they instead use the Souleater ability, trademark of the Dark Knight.

Final Fantasy IV Cecil Harvey is the primary protagonist of the game, and serves as a Dark Knight until he becomes a Paladin. Baron is also mentioned to have a battalion of Dark Knights in their army, but due to the intense training many Dark Knights fail to master the dark sword and lose their minds in the process. A reflection of Cecil's Dark Knight is fought as a boss. The King of Baron is also a dark knight.

(Final Fantasy X-2) The Dark Knight Dressphere can be obtained in Bevelle during Chapter 2, 3, and 5. The class uses skills that cause status effects, grant status immunity, and cause high damage by sacrificing HP. Their high strength is hampered by their low speed.

(Final Fantasy XI) The Dark Knight job is awarded to the player by Zeid, a Dark Knight himself. Zeid gives the player the Chaosbringer sword, and once the player uses it to kill a hundred monsters, they are given the Dark Knight Job. In addition to their usual abilities, Dark Knights can also wield low-level Black Magic, but not nearly to the same extent as Red Mages and Scholars.

Don't post yet.
---
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Dabrikishaw
Fact: all fanbases are unpleasable, deal with it.
#2Dabrikishaw15(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2012 9:37:26 AM
The Dark Knight is a high-level Job introduced in Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions. Here, Darkness is not an actual skill, but a set of skills with various effects. Goffard Gaffgarion was called Dark Knight in the original version, but his class' name was changed to Fell Knight in the War of the Lions remake. Argath Thadalfus is fought as a Deathknight, a stronger variation of the Fell Knight.

Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced Grissom, the leader of the Redwings, has a job named "Dark Knight", with a sprite and abilities as a Paladin and Blue Mage as secondary job.

Dark Fencer is one of the crowns in Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light. Like traditional Dark Knights, Dark Fencers can sacrifice their life force to deal large amounts of damage using the Darkside ability. They also have an ability to allows them to do higher damage when their HP is low, called Eye for an Eye, and a stronger version of Darkside which attacks multiple targets, called Darkerside, and a kamikaze attack, called Amok, that allows them to repeatedly use Darkside until they have one point of health left.

(Dimensions) Gram is a Dark Knight hailing from Falgabard, and he gives the Dark Warriors the Dark Knight job class.

(Chocobo's Dungeon) The Dark Knight has several skills that sacrifice Chocobo's HP to damage enemies. It is unlocked by defeating Croma Shade and Croma on the thirtieth floor of Guardian of the Light.

In Final Fantasy XII International, an Uhlan (%u30A6%u30FC%u30E9%u30F3, Uuran?) is a heavy physical attacker represented by the Zodiac sign Taurus. They are differentiated from Dark Knights in that they wield polearms rather than greatswords or scythes traditionally, but still use heavy armor.
---
#3Prpl_MerunicornPosted 7/14/2012 9:40:31 AM
FFT Dark Knight.

And before anyone vote Cecil, don't forget he scrapped the awesome Dark Knight job in favor of the lame Paladin.
---
Tis body is but a homunculus to a far greater being...
#4RomangeloPosted 7/14/2012 9:42:27 AM(edited)
Cid FFT (Cidolfus Orlandeau)
---
X > V > T > VI > XIII-2 > XII > TLR > XIII > X-2 > VIII > VII > IV > IX > III > I > II
#5Dabrikishaw15(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2012 9:43:45 AM
From: Prpl_Merunicorn | Posted: 7/14/2012 12:40:31 PM | #003
FFT Dark Knight.

And before anyone vote Cecil, don't forget he scrapped the awesome Dark Knight job in favor of the lame Paladin.

Dark Knight Cecil i is statistically weaker than Paladin Cecil, so hopefully no votes go his way.
---
#6TiaelPosted 7/14/2012 9:44:47 AM
Zeid
---
Playing: Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy VII, Tales of Graces f, Xenoblade
Waiting for: The Last Story
#7Prpl_MerunicornPosted 7/14/2012 9:46:08 AM
Dabrikishaw15 posted...
From: Prpl_Merunicorn | Posted: 7/14/2012 12:40:31 PM | #003
FFT Dark Knight.

Dark Knight Cecil i is statistically weaker than Paladin Cecil, so hopefully no votes go his way.

That is what I had in mind. That, and also a person who denied being a Dark Knight is no way the best Dark Knight.
---
Tis body is but a homunculus to a far greater being...
#8mr369248Posted 7/14/2012 10:04:10 AM
Where's Leon?
#9Elice_CarolPosted 7/14/2012 10:05:48 AM
X-2 Dark Knight was my favorite class of the game, tied with Lady Luck.
---
"Miracles are things we make for ourselves."
http://pbskids.org/arthur/games/factsopinions/
#10dresdenfallPosted 7/14/2012 10:06:26 AM
I don't care what you guys say! Cecil is the only (other) cool Dark Knight I know! Yeah so what he's way superior as Paladin, but he's more manly as a DK, and the guy needs all the manliness he can get! I mean, are you having a Best Paladin in this contest!? (You probably will but this train is long gone)

Therefore! I vote

Cecil Harvey

/angry post
---
Official Girl with the Ponytail
of the DISSIDIA 012[duodecim] FINAL FANTASY Board