GamesMaster UK clarify their FFXV rumor. *Revealing info inside*

#21kupo1705Posted 7/18/2012 1:46:30 PM
Noctus3 posted...
Like Skyrim open world?

I hear a lot of hate for ff 9 and 12. Do you guys think this will suck? Massive world and open cities.

Hmm, I'm still deciding how I feel about this. I didn't get far into ff12 before quitting...

I'll still give it a try though.

I liked it better on my second playthrough.
If you can, play the IZJS version.

And hate for IX?
Where?
#22samuraiman26Posted 7/18/2012 1:50:38 PM(edited)
Noctus3 posted...
Like Skyrim open world?

I hear a lot of hate for ff 9 and 12. Do you guys think this will suck? Massive world and open cities.

Hmm, I'm still deciding how I feel about this. I didn't get far into ff12 before quitting...

You have to get further in 12 to enjoy the features. The story starts very slow.

Also 9 and 12 don't get a lot of hate. Yes 12 at first, but many consider them very good. The only FF to get a decent amount of hate was 13

Anyhow, where did you stop in 12. The beginning is slightly annoying before you meet the cast.
#23Galvanization(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2012 1:53:56 PM(edited)
My main regret with GamesMaster UK is that they never said anything about the story. :(

I hope it has a lengthy story like FFIX but with the VA dialogue of FFXII. Also, I hope Toriyama has absolutely no involvement with the project.
---
"JRPGs are not mainly about story. That's just a trend FF started. Look at the huge sales of Pokemon. Do people buy it for the story? Hell no! " ~ Vex
#24kupo1705Posted 7/18/2012 1:51:08 PM
I'm fine with it as long as it's completely different from XIII.

There's just something about the XIII games that's very unappealing to me.
And I'm not talking about game play mechanics or characters.
#25Noctus3Posted 7/18/2012 1:52:30 PM
kupo1705 posted...
Noctus3 posted...
Like Skyrim open world?

And hate for IX?
Where?

Where? A bunch of random people on different boards. From what I gather when it first released it got a lot negative reception from fans. Only until a while later till people started liking it a lot more. I haven't played it so I wouldn't know. Once I do, I'll be able to truly formulate my own opinion about it.

Sorry, but what does "IZJS" stand for? I can't remember what that is for some reason.

I'll definitely give it a second chance, now. I'll add it to my backlog
#26samuraiman26Posted 7/18/2012 1:54:37 PM
kupo1705 posted...
I'm fine with it as long as it's completely different from XIII.

There's just something about the XIII games that's very unappealing to me.
And I'm not talking about game play mechanics or characters.

I think it is Toriyama. Like I said I like 13, but Toriyama is seriously poisoning the franchise. They need to stop using him as head.

Thankfully usually every FF, they switch team, so Toriyama shouldn't have a role.

I forgot to mention, but SE was having mention of a new Final Fantasy game they said was being made by a secret team. They said it months ago, but it was after theaterrythm (spelling) was announced, and they wouldn't be so secretive for that game.

Any connections?
#27kupo1705Posted 7/18/2012 1:55:27 PM
Noctus3 posted...
kupo1705 posted...
Noctus3 posted...
Like Skyrim open world?

And hate for IX?
Where?

Where? A bunch of random people on different boards. From what I gather when it first released it got a lot negative reception from fans. Only until a while later till people started liking it a lot more. I haven't played it so I wouldn't know. Once I do, I'll be able to truly formulate my own opinion about it.

Sorry, but what does "IZJS" stand for? I can't remember what that is for some reason.

International Zodiac Job System

It adds a job system, a speed up button and improves a bunch of other things.
It's only released in Japan, but there's a translation patch somewhere. Everything including the voice acting is in English.

Also, try not to view Vaan as the main character.
#28TiaelPosted 7/18/2012 1:57:09 PM
Noctus3 posted...
Like Skyrim open world?

Xenoblade type world in an FF game? Sign me up.
---
Playing: Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy VII, Tales of Graces f, Xenoblade
Waiting for: The Last Story
#29samuraiman26Posted 7/18/2012 2:00:04 PM(edited)
Noctus3 posted...
kupo1705 posted...
Noctus3 posted...
Like Skyrim open world?

And hate for IX?
Where?

Ahh, on these boards, there are a lot of trolls who act like IX is a horrible game and won't let anybody else enjoy it. IX is considered by most of the fanbase the best of the series, bar the overrated VII.

IZJS, means International Zodiac Job System. In Japan they re release the FF with extra features. That version is different and has a different character growth system, and contains English voices. Also I believe somebody made a patch for English text.

But yes, try to get further. It gets more interesting when a good amount of party members appears and the plot is more relevant
#30Noctus3Posted 7/18/2012 1:58:54 PM
Thanks, Kupo! You're one of the only chill/cool people on this board.

Does the patch require having a modded console?

Also, do you know where I could aquire one?