GamesMaster UK clarify their FFXV rumor. *Revealing info inside*

#31theofficefan99Posted 7/18/2012 1:59:33 PM
Basically, if it has the heart, soul, passion and creativity of IX, the visual splendor of XIII (but even moreso), Sakimoto is not the composer, the battle system is a mix of XII and XIII with actually very useful summons, and the story is not written by Watanabe and/or Toriyama, then Final Fantasy XV may be the best game EVA.

Though I'm still concerned about the "open world" aspect; that just doesn't seem "Final Fantasy" to me. I like a balance in my environments. Some huge environments, some small, linear ones, etc. etc. not all of them being humongous (XII) or all of them being super linear aside from one area (XIII) because both got old after a while.

So yeah... here's hoping for the best. If it comes out in 2013 I'll cry from joy.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#32Galvanization(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2012 2:02:31 PM(edited)
Tiael posted...
Xenoblade type world in an FF game? Sign me up.

Indeed. I hope it has a really detailed art direction like FFXII, though.

theofficefan99 posted...
Though I'm still concerned about the "open world" aspect; that just doesn't seem "Final Fantasy" to me. I like a balance in my environments. Some huge environments, some small, linear ones, etc. etc. not all of them being humongous (XII) or all of them being super linear aside from one area (XIII) because both got old after a while.

I agree with this. Have some linear areas in the open world like Xenoblade and not just a world all open like Oblivion and Skyrim.
---
"JRPGs are not mainly about story. That's just a trend FF started. Look at the huge sales of Pokemon. Do people buy it for the story? Hell no! " ~ Vex
#33TiaelPosted 7/18/2012 2:01:30 PM
Galvanization posted...
Tiael posted...
Xenoblade type world in an FF game? Sign me up.

Indeed. I hope it has a really detailed art direction like FFXII, though.

Indeed, the future will tell.

TGS or not? Regardless, still looking forward to an unveiling of XV, considering I have enjoyed all past titles.
---
Playing: Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy VII, Tales of Graces f, Xenoblade
Waiting for: The Last Story
#34theofficefan99Posted 7/18/2012 2:01:41 PM
Considering that the art in both XII and XIII were praised, I'd assume that XV will use the same guy as well.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#35theofficefan99Posted 7/18/2012 2:02:06 PM
Perhaps it'll be at the 25th Anniversary event in August?
---
#36samuraiman26Posted 7/18/2012 2:02:41 PM
Noctus3 posted...
Thanks, Kupo! You're one of the only chill/cool people on this board.

Does the patch require having a modded console?

Also, do you know where I could aquire one?

I believe to play imported games you have to have a mod one. As for the patch, I believe it is on the site. Just remember in Japan, the circle button is confirm, X is cancel.
#37kupo1705Posted 7/18/2012 2:02:48 PM
samuraiman26 posted...
kupo1705 posted...
I'm fine with it as long as it's completely different from XIII.

There's just something about the XIII games that's very unappealing to me.
And I'm not talking about game play mechanics or characters.

I think it is Toriyama. Like I said I like 13, but Toriyama is seriously poisoning the franchise. They need to stop using him as head.

Thankfully usually every FF, they switch team, so Toriyama shouldn't have a role.

I forgot to mention, but SE was having mention of a new Final Fantasy game they said was being made by a secret team. They said it months ago, but it was after theaterrythm (spelling) was announced, and they wouldn't be so secretive for that game.

Any connections?

It's just the whole theme of the game.

They went from amazing scenes like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLBGbUGryRE

to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFkhGlliiQM
#38samuraiman26Posted 7/18/2012 2:05:20 PM
kupo1705 posted...
samuraiman26 posted...
kupo1705 posted...

I think it is Toriyama. Like I said I like 13, but Toriyama is seriously poisoning the franchise. They need to stop using him as head.

Thankfully usually every FF, they switch team, so Toriyama shouldn't have a role.

I forgot to mention, but SE was having mention of a new Final Fantasy game they said was being made by a secret team. They said it months ago, but it was after theaterrythm (spelling) was announced, and they wouldn't be so secretive for that game.

Any connections?

to this:

That Drace scene was just FANTASTIC. The writing, the remorse, everything. But then again FF 12 has the best writing in the series.
#39kupo1705Posted 7/18/2012 2:07:10 PM
samuraiman26 posted...
kupo1705 posted...
samuraiman26 posted...
kupo1705 posted...

Any connections?

to this:

That Drace scene was just FANTASTIC. The writing, the remorse, everything. But then again FF 12 has the best writing in the series.

Yeah. The excellent voice acting also helps.

I don't mind romance in games at all, but the way XIII presents it is just.... no.
#40theofficefan99Posted 7/18/2012 2:08:09 PM
The problem with XII is that everyone is underdeveloped, the main characters don't feel real nor do they feel important, there aren't many exciting events, and overall the story was honestly incredibly lame. Considering that Matsuno won't be involved since he's now with Level-5 and I hope to GOD that SE realized that Watanabe and Toriyama are ****, no one will have to worry about this.

Also I heard XII's translator is working on Versus XIII so it's good that we'll be seeing more excellent dialogue in the future. The thing is by "excellent," I don't mean pretentious faux-Shakespearean dialogue; in XII, the common, non-royal characters had believable, regular dialogue that flowed rather well.
---