GamesMaster UK clarify their FFXV rumor. *Revealing info inside*

#41Wakizashi_513Posted 7/18/2012 2:08:14 PM
So does this mean that Versus is canceled now?
#42TiaelPosted 7/18/2012 2:08:29 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
Considering that the art in both XII and XIII were praised, I'd assume that XV will use the same guy as well.

2 different sets of artists for XII and XIII:

XII was

Hiroshi Minagawa
Akihiko Yoshida
Hideo Minaba
Isamu Kamikokuryo

and XIII was

Isamu Kamikokuryo
Tetsuya Nomura
---
Playing: Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy VII, Tales of Graces f, Xenoblade
Waiting for: The Last Story
#43TiaelPosted 7/18/2012 2:09:14 PM
Wakizashi_513 posted...
So does this mean that Versus is canceled now?

No.
---
Playing: Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy VII, Tales of Graces f, Xenoblade
#44kupo1705Posted 7/18/2012 2:09:44 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
The problem with XII is that everyone is underdeveloped, the main characters don't feel real nor do they feel important, there aren't many exciting events, and overall the story was honestly incredibly lame. Considering that Matsuno won't be involved since he's now with Level-5 and I hope to GOD that SE realized that Watanabe and Toriyama are ****, no one will have to worry about this.

Also I heard XII's translator is working on Versus XIII so it's good that we'll be seeing more excellent dialogue in the future. The thing is by "excellent," I don't mean pretentious faux-Shakespearean dialogue; in XII, the common, non-royal characters had believable, regular dialogue that flowed rather well.

Really?
Basch and Balthier were amazing characters, and the story is better than just about every other FF.
I disagree with there not being enough exciting events.
The story did go downhill near the end though.
#45TiaelPosted 7/18/2012 2:10:42 PM
kupo1705 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
The problem with XII is that everyone is underdeveloped, the main characters don't feel real nor do they feel important, there aren't many exciting events, and overall the story was honestly incredibly lame. Considering that Matsuno won't be involved since he's now with Level-5 and I hope to GOD that SE realized that Watanabe and Toriyama are ****, no one will have to worry about this.

Also I heard XII's translator is working on Versus XIII so it's good that we'll be seeing more excellent dialogue in the future. The thing is by "excellent," I don't mean pretentious faux-Shakespearean dialogue; in XII, the common, non-royal characters had believable, regular dialogue that flowed rather well.

Really?
Basch and Balthier were amazing characters, and the story is better than just about every other FF.

Indeed.
---
#46theofficefan99Posted 7/18/2012 2:11:01 PM
Kamikokuryo was the main guy for both games, though.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#47TiaelPosted 7/18/2012 2:12:22 PM
Yoshida was the lead artist, character design and background design supervisor on XII.
---
#48TorgoForeverPosted 7/18/2012 2:16:08 PM
Tiael posted...
Yoshida was the lead artist, character design and background design supervisor on XII.

If Yoshida gets to be lead, will we get menacing designs like the Judges?
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nintendsonydo?feature=mhee
MMX5 > X2 > X1 > X8 > X3 = X4 > XCM > X6 > Xtreme > Xtreme 2 > X7
#49samuraiman26Posted 7/18/2012 2:16:50 PM
kupo1705 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...

Really?

I am going to have to agree with Kupo. Not trying to sound bias, but FF12 story is really good. It is a mix of friendship, politics (that isn't too complicated), justice betrayal, etc. But the story did start to go downhill at the end, but that's how a lot of FF games turn. And Basch Balthier, and Fran, were very likable. As for Vaan, he wasn't bad, and he was likeable, he just felt unrelated. I think he takes to much hate just because he was main, but I understand
#50TiaelPosted 7/18/2012 2:18:59 PM
TorgoForever posted...
Tiael posted...

If Yoshida gets to be lead, will we get menacing designs like the Judges?

Yoshida is the artist on Bravely Default and me likey.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYHOHoOd84w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfA756Bv1QE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sv_NKf2V7JA
---