GamesMaster UK clarify their FFXV rumor. *Revealing info inside*

#401theofficefan99Posted 7/19/2012 9:55:01 AM
Surpasses it in terms of sales and popularity is what they meant by that comment.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#402MagnaderAlphaPosted 7/19/2012 9:59:26 AM
cloud2556 posted...
This thing better come out soon. I can't wait to see if Square Enix has actually made a game that beats Final Fantasy VII. We all better hope so. Square Enix said that they will only remake Final Fantasy VII if they make another FInal Fantasy game that surpasses it.
It better be announced soon to make the anniversary. An Itou-helmed FF experience would be a great way to celebrate the 25th anniversary. Far greater, IMO than the Theatrhythm Final Fantasy game. There HAS to be something BETTER to come out of the 25th Anniversary.
#403theofficefan99Posted 7/19/2012 10:02:50 AM
Magnader, of course there will be. Well, actually, maybe not this year, but I'm sure we can expect many shocking and awesome announcements and trailers at the 25th Anniversary Event in late August and/or at TGS in mid-late September.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#404LindzeiPosted 7/19/2012 10:04:49 AM
theofficefan99 posted...
Magnader, of course there will be. Well, actually, maybe not this year, but I'm sure we can expect many shocking and awesome announcements and trailers at the 25th Anniversary Event in late August and/or at TGS in mid-late September.

I hope your right.
#405ShinGundamPosted 7/19/2012 10:06:09 AM
Tiael posted...
ShinGundam posted...
Tiael posted...
ShinGundam posted...

Yes, a lot of areas to explore are pretty but also barren imo, XII spans into many closed off areas and disjointed rather than a world or coherent locations. It is pretty common in RPGs and MMOs nowadays.

I didn't find them barren, they had fluctuating weather patterns, they had things living there whether it's monsters or characters.
Still felt a world to me.
From the bottom of a mountain with no snow to the top of it covered in it, but opinions and such.

Play Xenoblade, from the foot to the knee to the head of Bionis, it all feels coherent.

Xenoblade isn't what i ask for, What i want in my FF is great traditional cities and more mega cities, in these cities i want more activities, minigames, plot important/unique NPCs to chase. I honestly don't care about fields in FF, if they make them much better than that is OK but not at expense of better and interesting locals because that is what happen in JRPGs nowadays were even events now happen outside locals.

Not saying you did, I'm saying it can be handled with that as well.
XII had big cities, and interesting outside locales, mini-games, activities.

Xenoblade has colonies, and they are definitely highly active and populated, plus with the outdoor areas, it's a best of both.

However, needs some varied sidequests (and not as many..) and some mini-games.

In XII, i never felt cities matter in the game, i need to replay it i might find them more interesting as i don't remember the game that much now? In case of Xeno as i said towns were small and most major events take place outside world.

Sadly, i don't have a good example of kind of cities that i want as most of them either they feel like a guild or very small hub with interesting NPCs.
#406GlitchySkyrimPosted 7/19/2012 10:08:52 AM
Skyrim did cities right
---
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2777473/nopieghost2
Currently Playing: Twilight Princess
#407ValcristPLPosted 7/19/2012 10:10:14 AM
GlitchySkyrim posted...
Skyrim did cities right

I know right?

I mean, most of the NPCs are useless, but at least i can shoot them in the head with my bow.
---
Official Lezard Valeth.
http://w11.zetaboards.com/TheQuittingReturner/index/ Currently playing: Bloody Roar 3, favorite fighter of all time!
#408theofficefan99Posted 7/19/2012 10:10:23 AM
I agree with you. I found all the cities dull. I never felt compelled to talk to all of the NPC's or explore the whole city because most of them had nothing interesting to say, the music was almost always super flat and dry, and the cities themselves never looked too interesting. The mini-games... what mini-games? There was a very missable fishing mini-game but that's about it. And again, I'm not a fan of XII's exploration because of the dull story, combat, mythology, characters, soundtrack and color palette.

I swear I don't hate XII >.>
---
#409ShinGundamPosted 7/19/2012 10:18:58 AM
theofficefan99 posted...
I agree with you. I found all the cities dull. I never felt compelled to talk to all of the NPC's or explore the whole city because most of them had nothing interesting to say, the music was almost always super flat and dry, and the cities themselves never looked too interesting. The mini-games... what mini-games? There was a very missable fishing mini-game but that's about it. And again, I'm not a fan of XII's exploration because of the dull story, combat, mythology, characters, soundtrack and color palette.

I swear I don't hate XII >.>

The problem is the same applies to any JRPG now.

BTW. How about going completely old school with heroes, princess and bleak world.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lt8a9aytWD1qfknfxo1_1280.jpg
#410GlitchySkyrimPosted 7/19/2012 10:20:40 AM
TO FIVE HUNDRED
---
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2777473/nopieghost2
Currently Playing: Twilight Princess