GamesMaster UK clarify their FFXV rumor. *Revealing info inside*

#441Elice_CarolPosted 7/19/2012 12:39:11 PM
I am sure someone already pointed out this info was fake...

We won't be seeing XV for a very long time...

Don't be pessimistic, this is better than most of the other stuff on here.

Mama, life had just begun, but now I've gone and thrown it all away
---
"Miracles are things we make for ourselves."
http://pbskids.org/arthur/games/factsopinions/
#442MagnaderAlphaPosted 7/19/2012 12:44:31 PM
FuzWuz_v2 posted...
Oh, we also need Amano working on the game. If Square is so into appealing to the West, even though Nomura's art style has proven to be marketable worldwide, get Amano to do the art direction. Honestly, Amano's art just seems to suit a sophisticated fantasy, and it totally goes with the Final Fantasy namesake.

Giving Amano a bigger role in designing the general artistic look of characters and the world could be a great nod to the series' origin, and a great wink for the 25th Anniversary.

Maybe get another artist to mediate between him and the actual character design sheets. Top choice, IMO, would be Yoshida, though I wouldn't be against Nomura doing it either(Dissidia's proven that he can emulate Amano extremely well). I'd also like Akira Oguro(the guy who did the art for FFIV DS, The After Years and Final Fantasy Dimensions), who's pretty good and has a nice unique style with his art.

I think given Itou being rumored to be in charge, Yoshida would be a great choice. Love his armored characters. FFXIV's Gaius looks awesome:

http://images.wikia.com/finalfantasy/images/8/82/Zulvan_Model.jpg

Also love the look and characters of Bravely Default(the general world look is beautiful).

Music-wise, I'd love Uematsu to compose most of it(I REALLY love what he did with FFXIV, some of the music's just plain epic), but would also love to get Mizuta to compose. Mizuta, IMO, is the best successor to Uematsu. IMO, better than Hamauzu.
#443ColonelGuilePosted 7/19/2012 12:47:15 PM
ValcristPL posted...
I applaud your optimism.

Looking at their current track record with Versus, now over 6 years, I think it's safe to say we won't be seeing XV for a while...

Just facts... positive thinking need not apply for something that has yet to exist, especially on current gen technology

Elice_Carol posted...

Somewhat true... though some of the pic threads are entertaining
#444TiaelPosted 7/19/2012 12:48:48 PM
MagnaderAlpha posted...
FuzWuz_v2 posted...
Oh, we also need Amano working on the game. If Square is so into appealing to the West, even though Nomura's art style has proven to be marketable worldwide, get Amano to do the art direction. Honestly, Amano's art just seems to suit a sophisticated fantasy, and it totally goes with the Final Fantasy namesake.

Giving Amano a bigger role in designing the general artistic look of characters and the world could be a great nod to the series' origin, and a great wink for the 25th Anniversary.

Maybe get another artist to mediate between him and the actual character design sheets. Top choice, IMO, would be Yoshida, though I wouldn't be against Nomura doing it either(Dissidia's proven that he can emulate Amano extremely well). I'd also like Akira Oguro(the guy who did the art for FFIV DS, The After Years and Final Fantasy Dimensions), who's pretty good and has a nice unique style with his art.

I think given Itou being rumored to be in charge, Yoshida would be a great choice. Love his armored characters. FFXIV's Gaius looks awesome:

Also love the look and characters of Bravely Default(the general world look is beautiful).

Music-wise, I'd love Uematsu to compose most of it(I REALLY love what he did with FFXIV, some of the music's just plain epic), but would also love to get Mizuta to compose. Mizuta, IMO, is the best successor to Uematsu. IMO, better than Hamauzu.

I love Mizuta, the majority of the XI OST he composed and it's personally my favorite FF soundtrack of the bunch.
---
Playing: Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy VII, Tales of Graces f, Xenoblade
Waiting for: The Last Story
#445ValcristPLPosted 7/19/2012 12:49:23 PM
ColonelGuile posted...
ValcristPL posted...
I applaud your optimism.

Looking at their current track record with Versus, now over 6 years, I think it's safe to say we won't be seeing XV for a while...

Just facts... positive thinking need not apply for something that has yet to exist, especially on current gen technology

Elice_Carol posted...

Somewhat true... though some of the pic threads are entertaining

Might be true to an extent, but I will keep hoping for a while.
---
Official Lezard Valeth.
http://w11.zetaboards.com/TheQuittingReturner/index/ Currently playing: Bloody Roar 3, favorite fighter of all time!
#446ShinGundamPosted 7/19/2012 1:00:29 PM(edited)
FuzWuz_v2 posted...

Sadly, that is about it. Amano doesn't get attention because he isn't an actual designer or art director at Square and modern FF needs more than one artist for a big RPG that is the problem you need an art director or designer who is welling to replicate Amano's art so far only one did that is Nomura with Dissidia but that game is closer to KH in terms of texture work which is cartoony rather than photorealistic.

The other point is the majority of FF games are more of natural and earthy than sophisticated fantasy world imo.
#447FuzWuz_v2Posted 7/19/2012 12:56:52 PM
Tiael posted...
MagnaderAlpha posted...
FuzWuz_v2 posted...

I love Mizuta, the majority of the XI OST he composed and it's personally my favorite FF soundtrack of the bunch.

Yeah, either Uematsu or Mizuta. I wouldn't mind something different like Yasunori Mitsuda, but that is stretching it.
---
www.youtube.com/user/FuzWuz
^^My YouTube account. Please go there and support it. Fangirls appreciated. Thank you.
#448ValcristPLPosted 7/19/2012 12:58:34 PM
FuzWuz_v2 posted...
Tiael posted...
MagnaderAlpha posted...
FuzWuz_v2 posted...

Mitsuda > Uematsu > Mizuta > Hamauzu > Ishimoto

Yeah, either Uematsu or Mizuta. I wouldn't mind something different like Yasunori Mitsuda, but that is stretching it.

---
Official Lezard Valeth.
http://w11.zetaboards.com/TheQuittingReturner/index/ Currently playing: Bloody Roar 3, favorite fighter of all time!
#449TiaelPosted 7/19/2012 1:00:19 PM
I wouldn't mind some Michiko Naruke or Shoji Meguro, but the likelihood of that happening is next to impossible.
---
Playing: Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy VII, Tales of Graces f, Xenoblade
Waiting for: The Last Story
#450AngkorVatPosted 7/19/2012 1:02:40 PM
heh heh, what if XV is announced and released before VXIII?

oh boy. anyways, this is looking great, can't wait.