GamesMaster UK clarify their FFXV rumor. *Revealing info inside*

#451ValcristPLPosted 7/19/2012 12:02:52 PM
Tiael posted...
I wouldn't mind some Michiko Naruke or Shoji Meguro, but the likelihood of that happening is next to impossible.

Meguro > Mitsuda > Uematsu > Mizuta > Hamauzu > Ishimoto

SMT games soundtracks are just so much better than FF IMO.
---
Official Lezard Valeth.
http://w11.zetaboards.com/TheQuittingReturner/index/ Currently playing: Bloody Roar 3, favorite fighter of all time!
#452TorgoForeverPosted 7/19/2012 12:39:29 PM
Regardless, they're all great picks for FFXV's OST.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nintendsonydo?feature=mhee
MMX5 > X2 > X1 > X8 > X3 = X4 > XCM > X6 > Xtreme > Xtreme 2 > X7
#453ValcristPLPosted 7/19/2012 12:40:48 PM
TorgoForever posted...
Regardless, they're all great picks for FFXV's OST.

I have an idea: use all of them, make the most epic OST on earth. But make sure Meguro handles battle themes.
---
Official Lezard Valeth.
http://w11.zetaboards.com/TheQuittingReturner/index/ Currently playing: Bloody Roar 3, favorite fighter of all time!
#454MagnaderAlphaPosted 7/19/2012 12:43:14 PM
ValcristPL posted...
Tiael posted...
I wouldn't mind some Michiko Naruke or Shoji Meguro, but the likelihood of that happening is next to impossible.

Yeah, but that music, by context, is SOOO much different that FF. Unless you set a FF game in a modern(not medieval or future, but MODERN) world that looks like Japan, with lots of hip hop and pop fads, focus on young club life and teens going on urban adventures, then maybe that style of music would work.
#455ValcristPLPosted 7/19/2012 12:45:28 PM
MagnaderAlpha posted...
ValcristPL posted...
Tiael posted...

Yeah, but that music, by context, is SOOO much different that FF. Unless you set a FF game in a modern(not medieval or future, but MODERN) world that looks like Japan, with lots of hip hop and pop fads, focus on young club life and teens going on urban adventures, then maybe that style of music would work.

Because DDS is set in modern Japan and it's about teens on urban adventures.
---
Official Lezard Valeth.
#456TorgoForeverPosted 7/19/2012 12:46:20 PM
MagnaderAlpha posted...
ValcristPL posted...
Tiael posted...

You mean another TWEWY-like game?

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxp9bvWsGa1qkyuq8.gif
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nintendsonydo?feature=mhee
MMX5 > X2 > X1 > X8 > X3 = X4 > XCM > X6 > Xtreme > Xtreme 2 > X7
#457theofficefan99Posted 7/19/2012 12:49:16 PM
Hamauzu, Shimomura, Uematsu, Shadow Hearts: Covenant's composer, Final Fantasy Type-0's composer, and the Xenosaga trilogy's composers all in one game... that would be incredible.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#458ValcristPLPosted 7/19/2012 12:52:49 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
Hamauzu, Shimomura, Uematsu, Shadow Hearts: Covenant's composer, Final Fantasy Type-0's composer, and the Xenosaga trilogy's composers all in one game... that would be incredible.

Type-0 composer is Takeharu Ishimoto.
And here is a list of Shadow Hearts composers:

Yoshitaka Hirota
Yasunori Mitsuda
Kenji Ito
Tomoko Kobayashi
---
Official Lezard Valeth.
#459theofficefan99Posted 7/19/2012 1:15:45 PM
Awesome.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#460MagnaderAlphaPosted 7/19/2012 1:18:55 PM
ShinGundam posted...
FuzWuz_v2 posted...
Oh, we also need Amano working on the game. If Square is so into appealing to the West, even though Nomura's art style has proven to be marketable worldwide, get Amano to do the art direction. Honestly, Amano's art just seems to suit a sophisticated fantasy, and it totally goes with the Final Fantasy namesake.

Sadly, that is about it. Amano doesn't get attention because he isn't an actual designer or art director at Square and modern FF needs more than one artist for a big RPG that is the problem you need an art director or designer who is welling to replicate Amano's art so far only one did that is Nomura with Dissidia but that game is closer to KH in terms of texture work which is cartoony rather than photorealistic.

The other point is the majority of FF games are more of natural and earthy than sophisticated fantasy world imo.

Dissidia, in game, is closer to KH in style. Nomura's redesign, however, can be used for realistic models nonetheless. Lots of his art look more more "realistic" than some of those designs. A lot of times, other artists work on the rendering to make Nomura's designs look "real". Hell, I think a lot of cases, Yusuke Naora did that back in the day. He's the one that did the basis for that Squall artwork where he's brandishing the flaming gunblade. He also did all the CG scenes of FFX(like the cover of the game where Tidus in standing in the water off Besaid, and the back where Yuna's performing the Sending). Nomura only does SO MUCH too, especially now(only designed the main characters in FFXIII, the busts of some of the characters in FFXIII-2, and the appearance of the characters in Versus). Costumes, supporting cast and such aren't even handled by him anymore(mainly, even in Versus, which Roen's taking lead creative control as far as clothing's concerned.). Just because Nomura's art might be easier to translate doesn't mean everything's done when he turns in his design sheet.

Besides, I still think it's FF's version of an "old wive's tale" that Amano's style can't work. Yoji Shinkawa's art is probably just as surreal and airy as Amano's and it works just fine. All accounts, so far, in translating Amano's art into realistic CG have, IMO, proven that it CAN be done. The WoL in the opening of FF Origins CG, the CG in FFIV DS(as well as the CG intro for TAY in FFIV Collection for PSP), the CG(dated, though) of FFVI in FF Anthology. Hell, even non-FF, the CG trailer for Deva Zan, which goes cell shaded-esque watercoloryish, looked badass.

But yeah, I think it's a myth. It's like this community's version of saying the "Earth is flat". Maybe you just don't WANT Amano to be a part of the art direction. I mean, that's cool. You're entitled to feel that way. Just don't make up excuses to justify why he can't be a part of it. Just say, "I don't like Amano's art. I think it's wrong for FFXV!".

Other than that, I disagree regarding the worlds of FF. They are whatever the designs see fit for them to be. Realistic, sure, but they don't have to be earthy and sophisticated. They can be colorful and bizarre, surreal and imaginative.