GamesMaster UK clarify their FFXV rumor. *Revealing info inside*

#51theofficefan99Posted 7/18/2012 3:19:41 PM
"Really?
Basch and Balthier were amazing characters, and the story is better than just about every other FF.
I disagree with there not being enough exciting events.
The story did go downhill near the end though."

The party didn't really act... human. They rarely interacted with one-another and Balthier's "I'm the leading man" shtick got old after a while. Though his conflict and relationship with Cid was interesting and disheartening. Basch was a great character to me.

Also... the story is probably the worst in the series for me. It started off interesting, and I was interested in the politics involving Archadia, Nabradia, Rosaria and Dalmasca, but the game didn't really delve into it enough. After the first few hours, you try finding the damsel in distress, and then you're trying to collect a bunch of artifacts for the rest of the game with little in-between. The Judges were awesome characters but most barely made an impression on me, and while you don't need to have a bunch of screen time to be a good character, you never really knew or completely understood the backgrounds and personalities of any judge aside from Gabranth.

Then there's Vayne. He was lame. Just utterly forgettable and lame. Venat is equally so. The Occuria made the game worse, not better. They were barely in the game and they barely delved into who the Occuria are, what they do, what their background is, etc. etc. they're just boring gods in another realm that just like to rule over people. That's what I got from the one scene they were in (barring Venat).

None of the characters had interesting stories and plights aside from Basch and Balthier. Vaan and Penelo could have been relatable, but they're barely there. Same goes for Fran. Ashe is just lame and her personality is cardboard thin.

I just have a lot of qualms when it comes to XII's story, especially the fact that 90% of the game is just your party chasing after artifacts.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#52DragoonGriffithPosted 7/18/2012 3:22:01 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
Ashe is just lame and her personality is cardboard thin.

Uhh, I disagree. No use arguing over it, though.
---
Currently playing: FFVII, FFXIII, Project Zero 2 Wii, Valkyrie Profile 2.
Official DRAGOONMESH of just about anywhere.
#53samuraiman26Posted 7/18/2012 3:27:10 PM(edited)
@officefan I disagree, but hey, it is your opinion. So to each his own. I respect your opinion.

I just think some of your points were rather, based on facts that aren't true. Like searching for stones for 90% of the game isn't exactly true. Or boring characters But once again, hey.
#54TiaelPosted 7/18/2012 3:24:12 PM
DragoonGriffith posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
Ashe is just lame and her personality is cardboard thin.

Uhh, I disagree. No use arguing over it, though.

I disagree as well.
---
Playing: Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy VII, Tales of Graces f, Xenoblade
Waiting for: The Last Story
#55theofficefan99Posted 7/18/2012 3:27:16 PM
Also, the game's story is mostly around politics, but the game doesn't try to do anything truly exciting with it aside from Drace's execution and Bergan's murders at Bur-Omisace. They didn't really get into how "dirty" and despicable the Empire and the governments in general are aside from those two scenes. And again, these scenes in the grand scheme of things in XII aren't as great as they could be because they don't really affect the main party in any way. The main party's quest basically leads up to a 30-minute-long war at the end of the game and that's about it. Even then, the war was underwhelming, as was the confrontation with Vayne.

Also, the "it was my evil twin brother" plot point was super lame.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#56theofficefan99Posted 7/18/2012 3:28:35 PM
Well I'm pretty sure that's what they were doing for a large majority of the game aside from chasing Cid for a few hours and stopping Bergan's assault at Bur-Omisace.
---
#57PillsberyDoeManPosted 7/18/2012 3:30:12 PM
ashe is AWESOME.

and dat ass.
---
impatiently waiting on versus xiii...
EDIT: not so much anymore... (4/28/11)
#58theofficefan99Posted 7/18/2012 3:32:23 PM(edited)
Lastly, if you're going to have these "omniscient evil gods" be at the center of the story, they should have handled them much better. All I got from Venat is that, for some reason, he wants "history to be back in the hands of man," and all I got from the other Occuria was that they like to rule over humans in their wonderful other realm and they're angry that Venat is a heretic and they want Ashe to stop Venat.
---
#59theofficefan99Posted 7/18/2012 3:31:58 PM
Ashe was attractive and strong like Lightning but that's about all I like about her. Her personality was bland as all hell to me.
---
#60MagiusNecrosPosted 7/18/2012 3:32:23 PM
Calling it now.

FFXV will have GILGAMESH.

*flees*
---
Like Roleplaying? Join http://s1.zetaboards.com/Espada_of_Alexandria/index/
Official GILGAMESH/BARBATOS/MAGNUS of every Gamefaqs Board