GamesMaster UK clarify their FFXV rumor. *Revealing info inside*

#91kupo1705Posted 7/18/2012 4:00:53 PM
If you want to you can setup the gambit system so that it plays exactly like the ATB system.
#92GlitchySkyrimPosted 7/18/2012 4:01:17 PM
• Including the concept planning and pre-production phase, the game has already been in development for over 4 years.

That's great! FFXIII-2 was a piece of **** because it was rushed. Glad to see XV actually has work put into it.

• It entered full production in January 2010, a month after FFXIII was released in Japan. Since then it has had a development team of just over 200 people.

Well, I guess why that would explain why we've seen nothing but crap since FFXIII came out >_>

• The director is the same person who directed FFVI, FFIX and FFXII.

FFVI and FFXII I'm excited about. FFIX not so much. Fortunatly, we all know FFIX was just a fluke, so hopefully this FF will be much better :)

• The co-director led a small part of the development team to make Tactics Ogre for the PSP in parallel with FFXV. He's currently multi-tasking as lead UI designer of FFXIV 2.0 and co-director of FFXV.

Like I give a ****

• The game design and battle system will be a major evolution of FFXII.

Hmmm... I'll have to see it to comment on that.

• The game will be open world and have sprawling, crowd-filled cities on par with Assassin's Creed.

YAY!!! ABOUT TIME, SQUARE!!! LEARN FROM SKYRIM!!!

• The battle system now allows you to target different parts of an enemy’s body like in Vagrant Story.

Wow, so this game is copying Skyrim AND Fallout? Sounds great!

• Yoichi Wada (president of Square Enix) wants the game to have a world scale and volume of content that surpasses The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. He also wants the game to surpass FFVII in worldwide sales and critical reception.

Doubt it will beat FFVII, but having more content than Skyrim would be awesome!
---
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2777473/nopieghost2
Currently Playing: Twilight Princess
#93DragoonGriffithPosted 7/18/2012 4:02:13 PM
Wakizashi_513 posted...

As do I. Except for your opinion on she who must not be mentioned. She's awesome :P

Well yeah, that's one of the things where irrational hate gets me.
---
Currently playing: FFVII, FFXIII, Project Zero 2 Wii, Valkyrie Profile 2.
Official DRAGOONMESH of just about anywhere.
#94samuraiman26Posted 7/18/2012 4:03:14 PM
Tiael posted...
samuraiman26 posted...
Really FFXII combat would be liked by everyone, if it wasn't for spammable gambits, the clone thing, and the long walks/leveling up.

I do admit, if they based it off XII, something like gambits are needed. Seriously they do make stuff less frustrating, and are a help. They just should remove ones where the game can play itself in a slight sense. But even then the game doesn't play itself that much, but like you guys said, I can understand others reasons.

To be honest, I played like their weren't even gambits and kept it simple, but fun.

And I agree Kupo. I like 13's system, but I don't like the first lost of control the series experienced, and the spamming.

FF12+13 battle systems = gold.

I put it on Wait mode and took control myself, didn't use Gambits.
It was fun as hell, really wish IZJS released here.

Yep, when me and my sister played it, we used gambits only for araising people, and healing. Other things like buffs we did ourselves. Plus we felt that sometimes gambits really complicated things, when you as a FF fan know what needs to be done to help your party, so we just did the rest of it.
#95PillsberyDoeManPosted 7/18/2012 4:04:03 PM
Tiael posted...

whaaa..? but 90% of the enemies in ff12 don't require any strategy. just let the gambit system whack your opponents to death. i can see switching to Wait mode for tougher fights, but otherwise? nah..
---
impatiently waiting on versus xiii...
EDIT: not so much anymore... (4/28/11)
#96TiaelPosted 7/18/2012 4:05:25 PM
PillsberyDoeMan posted...
Tiael posted...

whaaa..? but 90% of the enemies in ff12 don't require any strategy. just let the gambit system whack your opponents to death. i can see switching to Wait mode for tougher fights, but otherwise? nah..

Depends, I did majority of the stuff under leveled, so micro-managing my characters with full control was indeed helpful, and not just using Auto-Attack.
---
Playing: Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy VII, Tales of Graces f, Xenoblade
Waiting for: The Last Story
#97PillsberyDoeManPosted 7/18/2012 4:08:01 PM
Tiael posted...
Depends, I did majority of the stuff under leveled, so micro-managing my characters with full control was indeed helpful, and not just using Auto-Attack.

oh... heh, i think i was over-leveled >_>;
---
impatiently waiting on versus xiii...
EDIT: not so much anymore... (4/28/11)
#98_Dim_Posted 7/18/2012 4:22:20 PM
I want a scan of the magazine.
#99theofficefan99Posted 7/18/2012 4:27:10 PM
I would have no problem with Gambits if it was for the AI party members only. Also, aside from Elder Wyrm and some optional hunts and espers, FFXII was really easy and it didn't require strategy.

"Actually, in the game when you think about it, all you get is the Manufactured Neithicite, and the Dawn Shard, both which are acquired early on in the game.
*SPOILERS*SPOILERS*

After that it is basically: learn more about how to use the stone. Speak to somebody about the future, which on the way you learn about a character's past, then you meet the person, who tells you you need a sword, which after you come back with the shocking discovery, you go to learn about the Empire's secrets with the stone, by going to a lab involving more character development,.

I could go on, but you get the point. The story is more than just get artifacts. It has a lot of character development bar Vaan and Penelo. Don't get me wrong I am not trying to say FFXII is the best game EVA and to bow down, and be a troll. I respect your opinion. I am just stating a defense."

The Sword of Kings? The Sun Cryst? Those count as artifacts.

And yeah, I guess I just disagree. None of that really qualifies as character development to me and the story is just empty to me. Just my opinion. As long as Watanabe and Toriyama aren't involved and as long as the game doesn't take place in Ivalice, I'm sure that I'll love the story for Final Fantasy XV.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#100GlitchySkyrimPosted 7/18/2012 4:32:33 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
I would have no problem with Gambits if it was for the AI party members only. Also, aside from Elder Wyrm and some optional hunts and espers, FFXII was really easy and it didn't require strategy.

"Actually, in the game when you think about it, all you get is the Manufactured Neithicite, and the Dawn Shard, both which are acquired early on in the game.
*SPOILERS*SPOILERS*

After that it is basically: learn more about how to use the stone. Speak to somebody about the future, which on the way you learn about a character's past, then you meet the person, who tells you you need a sword, which after you come back with the shocking discovery, you go to learn about the Empire's secrets with the stone, by going to a lab involving more character development,.

I could go on, but you get the point. The story is more than just get artifacts. It has a lot of character development bar Vaan and Penelo. Don't get me wrong I am not trying to say FFXII is the best game EVA and to bow down, and be a troll. I respect your opinion. I am just stating a defense."

The Sword of Kings? The Sun Cryst? Those count as artifacts.

And yeah, I guess I just disagree. None of that really qualifies as character development to me and the story is just empty to me. Just my opinion. As long as Watanabe and Toriyama aren't involved and as long as the game doesn't take place in Ivalice, I'm sure that I'll love the story for Final Fantasy XV.

*praises FFXIII's plot*

*says won't enjoy FFXV's plot if it has Toriyama*

WTF officefan
---
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2777473/nopieghost2
Currently Playing: Twilight Princess