Goddamn auto save

#1CronoDynePosted 7/29/2012 2:11:16 PM
I know this has been complained about before, but I'm new to the game so I'm experiencing the pain of auto save for the first time.

So I power up before a boss, go and fight him, and fail. It turns out I need another role I didn't unlock. Good thing I had a save before I spent that 14,000 CP! I load up the save and.. right before the boss, with everything spent. Wonderful.

Seriously, who the hell programmed this and thought it was okay? When in the history of gaming has auto save rewritten your primary save, instead of making, you know, an AUTO SAVE? Madness. I guess I have to spend five minutes per save creating multiple saves in the Historia Crux from now on (another genius move; not only can you not make a new save file while playing the game, you have to go through a long save making process as well).

*goes off to grind for more CP*
---
Goodbye Chewy. You were the best friend I could ask for. Rest in peace, buddy.
#2G__AnakinRPGPosted 7/29/2012 2:14:09 PM
If you understood the battle system you could make due with your current stats/roles. Go complain somewhere else THIS GAME IS TOOOOOOO EASY IN THE FIRST PLACE. Auto-saving adds permanence to your decisions, which is nice in a weird way.
---
Speed Run of Final Fantasy XIII - 9:58:01. Still trying to work it down to under 9.
Also doing a NCU of FFXIII! : Lightning SCC Complete, working on Hope now
#3CronoDyne(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2012 2:30:16 PM
The first reply is defending the horrible auto save. Wow. I know this board is riddled with FF XIII-2 hate, but you don't have to praise every feature of the game to combat it. It makes you come off just as extreme.
---
#4DilsDilevaPosted 7/29/2012 2:38:18 PM
CP is ridiculously easy to acquire. And I never heard anyone complain about auto-save, this game barely has anything missable (you're only able to fight Faeryl once, which sucks since it was really fun).
---
H/W
#5Capitan_KidPosted 7/29/2012 2:48:03 PM
You made a stupid a mistake. Its not the systems fault you made a wrong decision.
#6vgsrulePosted 7/29/2012 3:04:15 PM
What boss?
---
http://backloggery.com/khff123
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/A_Metal_Pipe
#7RomangeloPosted 7/29/2012 3:17:00 PM
you lost a battle against XIII-2 main story boss?

HUAHUAHUAHUAHUA
---
X > V > T > VI > XIII-2 > XII > TLR > XIII > X-2 > VIII > VII > IV > IX > III > I > II
#8KulthPosted 7/29/2012 3:19:02 PM
Romangelo posted...
you lost a battle against XIII-2 main story boss?

HUAHUAHUAHUAHUA

Aloedai (?) can be quite difficult to beat without the proper monsters or if you're underleveled. I know from experience. ;)
---
PSN: spc_wardog
#9Capitan_KidPosted 7/29/2012 3:22:52 PM
vgsrule posted...
What boss?

I TOLD YOU ITS NOT SUPEREASY HAH. Muahahaahha
#10CronoDyne(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2012 3:48:19 PM(edited)
Wow, what a bunch of white knight fanboys. I wish I was around for the game when people actually acknowledged the obvious faults and didn't throw out spoiler names. Dear Lord this board is horrid. It's nothing but "everything about XIII-2 sucks!!" or "FFXIII-2 is the best game in existence, you're stoopid! and can't play game!!" Also, a simple search of "auto save" will provide you with a list of people with common sense.

It's honestly no wonder why there's so many haters on this board. It's because people actually go out of their way to spin something so obviously bad into something positive, then blame the gamer who experiences the crap system. It's both anti-fanboys and fanboys that are the problem with the video game industry today.
---