POLL: What's your opinion on Final Fantasy XIII?

#21DoppelswaggerPosted 8/2/2012 1:45:52 AM
Iampony1 posted...
funny that you mention COD

"Motomu Toriyama: Mass Effect and Fallout allow the players to play with more freedom, and within their story-lines it is quite successful. But we're more interested in things such as first person shooters like Call of Duty. They give a better sense of tension on the battlefield. We some times draw inspiration from those sorts of games. It's not just RPGs but FPS titles that get us excited."

Inspired by=/= Carbon Copy. FFXIII is still miles ahead of anything the FPS genre has to offer, ESPECIALLY CoD.
---
DOTA Mains: (Sand King, Bane, Outworld Destroyer) LoL Mains: (Cho'Gath, Xerath, Viktor, Kog'Maw)
Starcraft Race: Zerg
#22Iampony1Posted 8/2/2012 1:48:03 AM
Doppelswagger posted...
Iampony1 posted...
funny that you mention COD

"Motomu Toriyama: Mass Effect and Fallout allow the players to play with more freedom, and within their story-lines it is quite successful. But we're more interested in things such as first person shooters like Call of Duty. They give a better sense of tension on the battlefield. We some times draw inspiration from those sorts of games. It's not just RPGs but FPS titles that get us excited."

Inspired by=/= Carbon Copy. FFXIII is still miles ahead of anything the FPS genre has to offer, ESPECIALLY CoD.

But not far from being horrible and uninspiring but at least COD has the decency of being fun with people around and only last for 4 hours
While 13 was a horrible 30 hour run until you saw a bit of the so called "World" or "Pulse"
---
Any product from Motoumo Toriyama to his fans was made out of greed with lack of passion.
The dude wrote for Mindjack for gods sake!!!
#23DoppelswaggerPosted 8/2/2012 1:59:57 AM
Iampony1 posted...
But not far from being horrible and uninspiring but at least COD has the decency of being fun with people around and only last for 4 hours
While 13 was a horrible 30 hour run until you saw a bit of the so called "World" or "Pulse"

FFXIII offers hours of engaging cinematic story and gameplay with a rich soundtrack and setting.

The game is paced flawlessly into the vibrant, explorable world of Pulse, filled with over 60 sidequests and loads of activities ranging from monster hunting, chocobo catching/riding, building weapons/accessories/characters, reading the lore, progressing the story, etc. The combat is easily the best introduced in years, offering speed, challenge and diversity with every confrontation, making for an intense experience even hours on in.

What's CoD have in its crappy 4 hours? Shoot at bad guys who drop in 2 shots, no skills necessary; watch stupid, boring custcene no one pays attention to, do a QTE for the final boss. Congradulations, you've played CoD.
---
DOTA Mains: (Sand King, Bane, Outworld Destroyer) LoL Mains: (Cho'Gath, Xerath, Viktor, Kog'Maw)
#24DragoonGriffithPosted 8/2/2012 2:05:24 AM
Ugh, this is hard...

I'd give it a 8.5 max, but I also only like it.
---
"waiting for a Tales game is like waiting for an organ donor" - Fulvip
Currently playing: Valkyrie Profile 2, RDR, Wild ARMs 2, FFVII.
#25DoppelswaggerPosted 8/2/2012 2:12:11 AM
I'm tired, going to sleep...

P.S: If you haven't figured out that I'm lying yet... Well I'm lying. I dislike XIII, a lot. I also love a number of FPS games. I did vote "I love it!" cuz' why not? It's not like this board with its 40 or so votes even matters.
---
#26ghhost99Posted 8/2/2012 2:43:41 AM
I had fun with this game. I didn't mind the linear progress, the characters, and I enjoyed the story of the game. I would say it gets a 9 for me. Not my favorite FF game, but It still provides the hours of gameplay a FF game would provide.
#27LenneValkiryePosted 8/2/2012 2:59:08 AM
Doppelswagger posted...
I'm tired, going to sleep...

P.S: If you haven't figured out that I'm lying yet... Well I'm lying. I dislike XIII, a lot. I also love a number of FPS games. I did vote "I love it!" cuz' why not? It's not like this board with its 40 or so votes even matters.

Even if you were sarcastic in your previous post, do you realize that people like FFXIII for those exact same reasons? Just because you didn't appreciate those features it doesn't mean that they're not worth of praise...
#28MidgardDragon99Posted 8/2/2012 2:59:31 AM
I go for it's okay. But it's more it's not for me. I can see some people who prefer more action-oriented games having a blast with the battle system. I thought it was too hectic and there were too many punishments for not being fast. The story is also pretty stupid IMO.
---
3DS FC: 4639-9048-2382, Wii FC: 4558-6862-5396-5206, PSN: MidgardDragon
DD Pawn: http://game.capcom.co.jp/DD/en/pawn_detail/?pf=PS3&gid=MidgardDragon
#29FuutonElementalPosted 8/2/2012 3:00:32 AM
Decent. Nothing to really love, nothing to really hate.
Lulz @ poll results.
---
Playlist: Persona 3: FES, Dark Souls, God of War: Collection
#30Elice_CarolPosted 8/2/2012 3:02:20 AM
Another proof that the haters ae just a vocal minority...

<3
---
"Miracles are things we make for ourselves."
http://pbskids.org/arthur/games/factsopinions/